Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:38 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Who cares what they're "accustomed" to. All that matters is what this new generation of "diversity" brings to America. Can anyone logically claim that non-white people are leading the nation in education....leading the nation in entrepreneurialship.....leading the nation in job creation....leading the nation in prosperity?

No, not at this time. In fact, minorities are leading the nation in most of the dubious statistics that do harm to our country. One can only hope that the non-white generation of the future can prop America up in its prosperity in terms similar to previous generations.

That's all that matters. So far, evidence that this will actually occur is conspicuously absent.
A

In St Paul the Hmong immigrants are shattering all education records and raising the bar at the public schools. Their parents work 16 hours a day and are revitalizing a good portion of the city. So your info from Stormfront is flawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,523 times
Can't all be 'hispanic' minorities since hispanic women are having fewer children nowadays.

American Women Having Fewer Babies

Quote:
Hispanic women saw a 9% fall in fertility rates, to 93.3 per 1,000 women, the largest fall of any group and the lowest Hispanic women's rate since 1999. The fertility rate for white women (non-Hispanic) dropped 3% - this group represents over half of all births in the USA. American Indian and Alaska Native women's rate fell 3%.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A

In St Paul the Hmong immigrants are shattering all education records and raising the bar at the public schools. Their parents work 16 hours a day and are revitalizing a good portion of the city. So your info from Stormfront is flawed.
Just as I fully expected. Someone would show up with the "Asians are beating white people in education!!!!" argument.

Unfortunately for you and your argument, Asians make up a tiny portion of the American populace. But carry on. I never expected you or your cohorts to see the bigger picture anyway. Your narrow worldview just won't allow it.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are mostly hispanics, and most hispanics are white, so I think the story is a little misleading.
What's misleading it your premise that Hispanics think of themselves in racial terms like Americans do. The history of colonization and slavery in Latin America in terms of intermarriage and miscegenation between indigenous Indians, Africans and Spaniards entirely different than the racial dynamics of North American English colonization and slavery.

Most Hispanics do not think of themselves in terms of their racial identity, they more likely than not associate their identity to their nationality.

Pew Hispanic Center - Chronicling Latinos Diverse Experiences in a Changing America

Quote:
Hispanics and Identity
When it comes to describing their identity, most Hispanics prefer their family’s country of origin over pan-ethnic terms. Half (51%) say that most often they use their family’s country of origin to describe their identity. That includes such terms as “Mexican” or “Cuban” or “Dominican,” for example. Just one-quarter (24%) say they use the terms “Hispanic” or “Latino” to most often to describe their identity. And 21% say they use the term “American” most often.
Quote:
Most Hispanics don’t see themselves fitting into the standard racial categories used by the U.S. Census Bureau. When it comes to race, according to the Pew Hispanic survey, half (51%) of Latinos identify their race as “some other race” or volunteer “Hispanic/Latino.” Meanwhile, 36% identify their race as white, and 3% say their race is black.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just as I fully expected. Someone would show up with the "Asians are beating white people in education!!!!" argument.

Unfortunately for you and your argument, Asians make up a tiny portion of the American populace. But carry on. I never expected you or your cohorts to see the bigger picture anyway. Your narrow minds just won't allow it.
I hope they have lots of babies and stay here because they will transform St Paul into the best city in the Midwest.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Can't all be 'hispanic' minorities since hispanic women are having fewer children nowadays.

American Women Having Fewer Babies
"American" women -- yes but the sky high birth rates are not from American women but from foreign hispanic women pouring over the border to give birth in the USA -- and they are not paying their own medical care.

How many of these minority births are paid for by Medicaid and the children are on food stamps and WIC and living in Section 8 housing? Hint -- a very high number of them are welfare babies.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,291 times
I still don't know why right wing people get their panties twisted in a bunch(AeroguyDC) about this. "white" people are still going to be the largest group in the US for a while and will still basically dictate policy in this country as they have always had. It is also interesting considering that birthrates are declining for Hispanics in this country too. I still think that people keep overlooking the "replacement level" for a country to remain functioning for the long term. But I guess that discussion is for another more sane forum or thread. As for this 50.4 percent of the babies born last year were not white. Guess what 49.6 were. The next closest number?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are mostly hispanics, and most hispanics are white, so I think the story is a little misleading.
No, most Hispanics coming here (and many if not most illegally) are Mestizo Mexicans. They are only partially white. Skin color or race doesn't matter anyway. It is about our culture and language changing through illegal immigration.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-17-2012 at 08:11 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What's misleading it your premise that Hispanics think of themselves in racial terms like Americans do. The history of colonization and slavery in Latin America in terms of intermarriage and miscegenation between indigenous Indians, Africans and Spaniards entirely different than the racial dynamics of North American English colonization and slavery.

Most Hispanics do not think of themselves in terms of their racial identity, they more likely than not associate their identity to their nationality.

Pew Hispanic Center - Chronicling Latinos Diverse Experiences in a Changing America
I didn't say anything about what they think, I simply stated that most of them are white. Yes, some are black, but most are white. It is a fact, not an opinon.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 AM

290 posts, read 176,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I still don't know why right wing people get their panties twisted in a bunch(AeroguyDC) about this. "white" people are still going to be the largest group in the US for a while and will still basically dictate policy in this country as they have always had. It is also interesting considering that birthrates are declining for Hispanics in this country too. I still think that people keep overlooking the "replacement level" for a country to remain functioning for the long term. But I guess that discussion is for another more sane forum or thread. As for this 50.4 percent of the babies born last year were not white. Guess what 49.6 were. The next closest number?

I suggest you take a real hard look at who really dictates US policy. Let me know what you find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies