Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 11:18 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
All that matters is what this new generation of "diversity" brings to America.
What does the new era of Diversity bring to America, in your view?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 11:20 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It won't be all that entertaining for you since you'll be right there fighting to keep your slice too.

Yea...
I have to earn my way; I'm used to it. I don't come from generations of entitlements. Poor and white, my heritage!

Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
that's why MORALITY based social issues are so important they are what unites many people from all demographics (except white liberals).

when it comes to fighting against things like same-gender "marriages". Wasp, White Catholics, Jews, Blacks, and Hispanics unite together in one voice.
The problem with your premise is the belief the a majority of White, Jews, Blacks, Hispanics etc. are in agreement against same-sex marriage.

Most Say Homosexuality Should Be Accepted By Society - Pew Research Center

Quote:
While the public is divided over same-sex marriage, a majority of Americans (58%) say that homosexuality should be accepted, rather than discouraged, by society.

Among younger people in particular, there is broad support for societal acceptance of homosexuality. More than six-in-ten (63%) of those younger than age 50 -- 69% of those younger than age 30 -- say that homosexuality should be accepted. Far fewer of those ages 50 and older (52%) favor societal acceptance of homosexuality.
Quote:
Among religious groups, substantial majorities of the religiously unaffiliated (79%), white Catholics (66%) and white mainline Protestants (65%) say that homosexuality should be accepted. However, just 29% of white evangelical Protestants agree, while more than twice as many (63%) say homosexuality should be discouraged by society.

There also are gender and racial differences: More women than men favor societal acceptance of homosexuality (64% vs. 52%). Hispanics (64%) and whites (58%) are more supportive of this than are African Americans (49%).
In the long run opponents of same sex marriage are going to lose the argument.

There are two truths about American society. We have a horrible record of denying certain groups their human and civil rights.

The second truth is this country has slowly and constantly moved forward to build a more inclusive society.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, one of the failure to assimilate means keeping their third world birth rates. Just coming to the USA to have the babies they cannot afford. The welfare programs make it all so nice.
Yeah because living on welfare is all peaches and cream.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I have to earn my way; I'm used to it. I don't come from generations of entitlements. Poor and white, my heritage!
Nice to see that you're keeping up the family tradition!

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Your point is totally irrelevant if the people you are looking at don't perceive themselves as "White" like you do.

Only, again, because the majority of the growth comes from south of the border, with its own version of colorism and hierarchy, if you expect some groundswell of kumbayaism or shift towards "more equality for minorities," because "change in cultural ideas about race".... you might find that traditional American minority groups (AKA, blacks), will be in the same position -- or even WORSE -- "culturally," speaking.

Again, we already have an idea of what this potential future can look like. It's called Miami. White Latinos and White Anglos living in high end areas, representing the top of the pyramid and resources heap. Various other latino groups ranked according to a complex system based on heritage (Cubans and Argentinians thinking they're the best, followed by Colombian, Venezuelans, and Mexicans/Central Americans looked down upon).... with black Americans marginalized on the outskirts of society, and dually discriminated against for being neither Latino, nor acceptable in color.

The resources accumulated over a period of hundreds of years head start aren't going to magically be redistributed. In fact, the inherited wealth will just be passed on to fewer individuals than previous.

"Numbers" do not = power. Again, one has only to look at Jewish people to see how a group that's... what... 2% of the population?... can represent up to 30% of representation in business and law and medicine!

That's why these surveys and demographics mean jack on their face.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:30 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
The problem with your premise is the belief the a majority of White, Jews, Blacks, Hispanics etc. are in agreement against same-sex marriage.

Most Say Homosexuality Should Be Accepted By Society - Pew Research Center

In the long run opponents of same sex marriage are going to lose the argument.

There are two truths about American society. We have a horrible record of denying certain groups their human and civil rights.

The second truth is country has slowly and constantly moved forward to build a more inclusive society.
I didn't say it was a majority of all those demographics individually I said collectively.

win a vote and then talk.

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Your point is totally irrelevant if the people you are looking at don't perceive themselves as "White" like you do.
They preceive themselves as hispanics, but 'hispanic' is not a race. You, or anyone else can call them whatever they want. If you want to call them black, or hispanic then call them black or hispanic. Whatever makes you happy.

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Please do not scare the rwnjs of this Country with talk like this They can be very dangerous when spooked.
Why? You were claiming that hispanics were white (points at Zimmerman) so why should all these white births scare them?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:32 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nice to see that you're keeping up the family tradition!
I'm not ashamed of it. I don't steal, I don't mooch and I don't play the knockout game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies