Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

does this mean that taco bell is a good investment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Replacement level is wholly irrelevant if the "replacee's" are more prone to suck at the Government Teat. Instead, they should stay out of prison...stay off of drugs....graduate high school.....go to college/learn a trade......get married and have kids....and keep the revolving door of prosperity turning. None of these are minority strong points. Do I need to drag out statistics to show you???

It amazes me that people such as yourself focus on pure numbers instead of quality. Statistics don't prove that the quality of people having kids in this country is such that America will prosper in the future as it has in the past. You're a minority, therefore you have blinders on. In your eyes, white is bad, non-white is good. Which is why your understanding of the issue is lacking.

Do you understand? How can I make this clearer for you?
Why does it seem like you are yelling in all your posts. The fact that what you drew from my comment is that is what is sad. Second I think it is funny that you contradict yourself with both of your statements about statistics. I also think that it is funny about how you drag out the typical stereotypes about what most minorities are doing in your mind. Like I said, right wingers like yourself shouldn't get your panties in a bunch because you guys are still the biggest group by far and even when "minorities" are over 50% of the population in like 2050 or whatever the largest group is still going to be white people.

The rest of you post is just more inane babble. Where did you ever get "In your eyes, white is bad, non-white is good." from my post? Maybe you are projecting again? It seems more in your posts, in this thread and historically on this particular forum, that you have the thinking "white good, non-white bad." You even blasted some Asian guy that was talking about how Hmong people are doing well.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean they are too much into baseball? Oh my, we can't have that.
Nice dodge there. Our culture is about much more than baseball. Besides Mexicans prefer soccer. Why didn't you address the language and other cultural differences? Let me ask you point blank. Do you think that Americans should roll over and accept a drastic demographic change to their country via illegal immigration? These high birthrates by "miniorities" are mostly due to illegal alien Mexicans/Hispanics. Is that ok with you? Not ony that but many if not most of them are living off of your taxes.

Here is another question. Would Mexicans in Mexico roll over for a demographic change via illegal immigration from the Chinese for example where their national language became Mandarin instead of Spanish and they became Asian in identity as a country? I have to laugh at the multi-cults when they say we should embrace this unnatural change in our own country and even have the nerve to call it diversity. Since when is a demographic change from mostly one ethnic group here illegally akin to "diversity".

Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Why does it seem like you are yelling in all your posts. The fact that what you drew from my comment is that is what is sad. Second I think it is funny that you contradict yourself with both of your statements about statistics. I also think that it is funny about how you drag out the typical stereotypes about what most minorities are doing in your mind. Like I said, right wingers like yourself shouldn't get your panties in a bunch because you guys are still the biggest group by far and even when "minorities" are over 50% of the population in like 2050 or whatever the largest group is still going to be white people.

The rest of you post is just more inane babble. Where did you ever get "In your eyes, white is bad, non-white is good." from my post? Maybe you are projecting again? It seems more in your posts, in this thread and historically on this particular forum, that you have the thinking "white good, non-white bad." You even blasted some Asian guy that was talking about how Hmong people are doing well.
In other words, you're begging me not to drag out statistics to prove my point because that would prove that what i'm saying is right. Meanwhile, you're stuck in Never Never Land worrying about population replacement rates. To be sure, those rates are very important.....I don't dispute that....but what good is a replacement rate that replaces a generation of producers with a generation of suckers?

The entire argument from the liberal left is an inherent defense of minority birth rates.....not a single one of you care about what territory actually comes with those births. As long as they're spitting out babies, you could care less about the scope and scale of drag those births place on our nation.

It's mindboggling, and indicative of the Loyalty To The Race™ mindset that pervades liberal ideology.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What's misleading it your premise that Hispanics think of themselves in racial terms like Americans do. The history of colonization and slavery in Latin America in terms of intermarriage and miscegenation between indigenous Indians, Africans and Spaniards entirely different than the racial dynamics of North American English colonization and slavery.
Which of course makes "Hispanic" a poor designator of a "minority group." People are too caught up in RACIAL consequences of demographics. These people fail to see that culture trumps race, everytime. Whether America can succeed in the future depends on whether all these newcomers can be brought under one roof successfully without balkanization.

I have a friend who is half Puerto Rican, half Anglo. He has darker skin than the average Anglo, but his features are phenotypically Euro. He married a white women and had kids. Are these kids "minorities?"

Technically, they are 1/4 "Hispanic," even though the only words their father knows in Spanish are curse words!

My own brother is going to marry his Mexican-American sweetheart. If they have kids, are they minorities? His g/f could give Eva Longoria a run for her money. She doesn't look like a Chiapas born chamber maid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzytallGuy
Most Hispanics do not think of themselves in terms of their racial identity, they more likely than not associate their identity to their nationality.
This is a recent immigrant thing. I am first generation on my father's side. I am half American anglo. I identify first with "American" because of that. However, my American cousins whose parents are 100% from the old country cling much harder to the old country identity. They will probably not marry someone from the same ethnic group. Over time, people become so mixed that "American" is the only identity left!

The Pew Hispanic center tries, but IMO, does not do enough to make the public - especially non-Latino whites and blacks - understand that "Latinos" have diverse experiences because they are not some monolithic bloc of people. Anymore than "Asian" is really a good indicator of cultural attitudes, experiences in America, phenotype or identity. Sometimes, the ONLY thing common is language and some shared basic foods that are often replicated in European latin cultures.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Who cares what they're "accustomed" to? All that matters is what this new generation of "diversity" brings to America. Can anyone logically or factually claim that non-white people are leading the nation in education....leading the nation in entrepreneurialship.....leading the nation in job creation....leading the nation in prosperity?

No, not at this time. In fact, minorities are leading the nation in most of the dubious statistics that do harm to our country. One can only hope that the non-white generation of the future can prop America up in its prosperity in terms similar to previous generations.

That's all that matters. So far, evidence that this will actually occur is conspicuously absent.
Let's take a look at this whole issue of prosperity:

Here are the U.S Census Bureau stats for Money Income Distribution By Families 1980 to 2008 in (Constant Dollars)

Table 695 Money Income of Families - Percent Distribution By Income Level in Constant (2008) Dollars

In in 1980:

54.9% of non-Hispanic White families had incomes of $50,000 a year or more

29.4% of Black families had incomes of $50,000 a year or more

32.9% of Hispanic families had incomes of $50,000 a year or more

In 2008

62.5% of non-Hispanic White families had incomes of $50,000 a year or more

40% of Black families had incomes of $50,000 a year or more

40.1% of Hispanic families had incomes of $50,000 a year or more

In summation the number of non-Hispanic White families with incomes of $50,000 or more increased by 13.84% between 1980 and 2008.

The number of Black families with incomes of $50,000 or more increased by 36.05%

The number of Hispanic families with incomes of $50,000 or more increased by 21.58%.

In conclusion the percentage of Black American and Hispanic families with incomes of over $50,000 a has grown significantly in the last 30 years and it's grown at a faster rate than for non-Hispanic White families. This does not mitigate the fact that the number of poor Black American and Hispanic families is disproportional to their overall population numbers but it certainly refutes any evidence that any one can present that these two demographic groups are not making any progress.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Nothing wrong with who gets born, but we should NOT be giving birth certificates stamped USA Citizen when the parents are illegal, use our socilism great society programs for $30,000 in free services and benefits.
We have to pull the carrot away so we get the legal residents and citizens only getting the certificates.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Nice dodge there. Our culture is about much more than baseball. Besides Mexicans prefer soccer. Why didn't you address the language and other cultural differences? Let me ask you point blank. Do you think that Americans should roll over and accept a drastic demographic change to their country via illegal immigration? These high birthrates by "miniorities" are mostly due to illegal alien Mexicans/Hispanics. Is that ok with you? Not ony that but many if not most of them are living off of your taxes.
I guess you don't follow MLB. I do, and I can tell you that most of the players are hispanic. Most hispanics are NOT Mexicans. That may true in TX, but places like FL, there are hardly any Mexicans, but plenty of other hispanics. The language is NOT a problem for the babies born in US. I do not know any hispanics who have been born and raised in US and who do not speak English. They speak and act very American, and why shoudn't they since they grew up here?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:03 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Someone put up or **** up and explain these minority benefits.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Here is another question. Would Mexicans in Mexico roll over for a demographic change via illegal immigration from the Chinese for example where their national language became Mandarin instead of Spanish and they became Asian in identity as a country? I have to laugh at the multi-cults when they say we should embrace this unnatural change in our own country and even have the nerve to call it diversity. Since when is a demographic change from mostly one ethnic group here illegally akin to "diversity".
Links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies