Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 12:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutre View Post
You seem to have forgotten about Asians. Though even then they still lack White Privilege Whites are blessed with.
White privilege went by the wayside long ago. Bring yourself up to 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutre View Post
You seem to have forgotten about Asians. Though even then they still lack White Privilege Whites are blessed with.
He also conveniently forgot immigrants from the African continent.

African immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
African immigrants to the U.S. are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.[13] According to the 2000 Census, the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent. [14] [15]

In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively. [16] The percentage of Africans with a graduate degree is highest among Nigerian Americans at 28.3 percent, followed closely by Egyptian Americans at 23.8 percent. [17] [18]

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher,[19] compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively.[20]

Africans from Nigeria (89.1 percent), Ghana (85.9 percent), Botswana (84.7 percent), and Malawi (83 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.[21]

Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
One day there is no such thing as a white hispanic (see Zimmerman) and the next day there are billions of them.
Zimmerman stretches ANY definition of "white Hispanic!" With an Indian/part black mother, and a white father, he is the CLASSIC case of a mestizo Hispanic!

Zimmerman is "white" the way Barack Obama is "white."

Marco Rubio is a white Hispanic. George Zimmerman is mixed.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Are you earning it or are you "gittin" it? The way put it kind of turns me off a little.
Look...he said he was poor and white. I said that i aint with that poor sh*t....not in America. If you're an American and you're not about the color green, then i really don't see why you're breathing.

"Earning" is a relative term. I show up to a job daily...put it that way. The rest is up to my boss to determine. I've been "working" here for quite a while, sooooooo....

As for my words turning you off....well...you know...

Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
White privilege went by the wayside long ago. Bring yourself up to 2012.
LOL....not hardly. Not in a million years. Don't know what country you're talking about, but you can't be talking about the United States.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 PM

290 posts, read 176,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Please tell me about one welfare handout that minorities get that isn’t available to whites. Last time I check whites collect the majority of benefits. What the Aryan Nation teaches isn’t correct!

So Black Panthers do teach what is correct or is it The Nation of Islam? I can return the smart ass remarks just as well as you.I didn't say whites didn't get them but at least they are citizens of this country. Illegals aren't and shouldn't get support to stay in this country yet they do. I just read in the news the other day of illegals not paying any taxes yet when it comes to file taxes saying that dozens of kids are living there and the IRS doesn't even check it! The thing is most if not all of the people they are claiming live there are living in Mexico.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Not at all. It's about managing expectations.

I know that "Latinos" are not a monolithic group. In a few decades knowing someone is "Latino" will be as useful as knowing someone has someone is of Italian descent.

That's probably true. But I think my posts are directed to those black people on this board who continue to make pronouncements that the "power structure" is going to be shaken up and/or result in fundemantal changes in the way things are run.... or those who take some triumphantalist approach without objectively thinking about how that will actually affect all others. Especially when white liberals are actually some of the only people of any race who consistently insist on the "equality for all" --- rather than, "equality for US" mantra.

Of course, white people don't expect black people to care about whether they lose power in this country.

That's kinda my point. Changing demographics do not mean a change in status for really anyone. At the government level, maybe, but I couldn't care less the color of my representative, so long as he represents my values.

Unfortunately, because I am socially liberal, and because a lot of new immigrants bring with them old world social values, my biggest fear is that the passing on of the white liberal will lead to the rise of the superstitious third world social mores and adoption of maladaptive cultural tendencies writ large.

I don't think race dictates culture, however, so I'm relatively optimistic that Americanization is a force greater than balkanization.
Hmmm....fair enough. You seem to have a clearheaded take on the issue even if i have slight disagreements on a few points.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 PM

290 posts, read 176,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Well, looks like the resident RAHOWA contingent needs to get a move on then.

Do you even have a clue as to what that mean's?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:07 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNomad View Post
Do you even have a clue as to what that mean's?
Sure. Do you?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM

24 posts, read 25,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, most Hispanics coming here (and many if not most illegally) are Mestizo Mexicans. They are only partially white. Skin color or race doesn't matter anyway. It is about our culture and language changing through illegal immigration.
All your post are about race. I bet you mad that all this babies are American citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies