Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Your previous post implied an association based on race, not your "associates," "family," or "circle." If the meaning that I used of association meant any of those three, you'd have asked the question "do I know this fellow?" However, the meaning was clear.

I'm not a language major, but based on your fuzzy postings, I think that you may need an explanation.

You have the right to be a bigot. However, it's probably a good idea to understand that your desire to use race is an effort to make yourself feel better, and it makes you feel better because you're not a member of the race that you're denigrating,and the race to which you belong becomes relatively superior with the denigration of the "inferior." You're tearing down others so that you don't feel as bad as you know that you should about yourself and your failings. This type of bigotry is just an effort to avoid looking in a mirror.

Perhaps you're overweight and wish to find something less painful to think about. Perhaps your wife dislikes you, your parents are disappointed, you haven't succeeded as you thought you would, etc. Whatever your insecurities, they're what you're running from by investing in racism.

This applies to quite a few CD posters here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Sovereign citizen much?
I don't understand your point.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Something tells me most of them will probably end up dropping out of high school. So I don't think college will be a concern at all.

I imagine they will take advantage of every taxpayer-funded benefit they can possibly get their hands on though.
No, it's more like they see it as their way of life. They were born into it and grew up with it all around them. I'm with these types of kids in the schools...11/12 year olds. This is just the way life is for them. Some may see a way out later on, but most don't.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
I don't understand your point.
Your post indicates you dont participate in the US or the (sic) "collective".
Thats sovereign citizen territory.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 PM

[quote=afoigrokerkok;24367949]We don't know anything about the mothers or how well they knew this guy when they got pregnant. We can assume all we want, but all we know is about the father. I think it is reasonable to assume that the mothers are losers, but for all we know the guy could be a con artist. In that case, the mothers would be clueless.[quote]

You're a full blown sexist!

Not only have you allowed for the women to be, consistent with American myths, less than able to care for themselves, BUT you're also suggesting that the guy might be a victimizer! You don't know if he has an undiagnosed intellectual disability or mental illness, but you don't give him the benefit of these possibilities that "we don't know anything about."

Quote:
Your post indicates you dont participate in the US or the (sic) "collective".
Thats sovereign citizen territory.
No it doesn't. And I didn't misspell anything.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
You're a full blown sexist!

Not only have you allowed for the women to be, consistent with American myths, less than able to care for themselves, BUT you're also suggesting that the guy might be a victimizer! You don't know if he has an undiagnosed intellectual disability or mental illness, but you don't give him the benefit of these possibilities that "we don't know anything about."
I'm a sexist against men, eh? I am a man.

Look...this is what I think....these PEOPLE - both male AND female - are most likely pathetic losers. The father has issues and the mothers likely have issues but that does not excuse any of this. The father knew he had all these kids and he should have spent less time sleeping around and should have instead been working 16 hours a day, 7 days a week to support them.

There is no way to know for sure if all the mothers knew about the kids the man had with the other women. Even if they didn't know, they were likely irresponsible. If they did know, they were extremely irresponsible and stupid. They are likely receiving all kinds of taxpayer-funded benefits and will teach their kids to do the same. There's a good chance most of these kids will never graduate from high school, there's a good chance many could end up in jail. The whole thing is sad. Obviously, these women have almost no help from the man and they are *probably* (but we are not sure) unfit to be parents themselves anyway.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
[quote=The Homogenizer;24368040]
Quote:

No it doesn't. And I didn't misspell anything.
Yes, it does.
No one said you misspelled anything.
Here, learn something;
sic
adverb /sik/ 

Used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and “enrich his [sic] life.”

Old 05-18-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I'm a sexist against men, eh? I am a man.
So what? Your posts prove it. You are immersed in the myths but refuse to accept it although it is crystal clear.

Quote:
Yes, it does.
Then, I don't see it.

Quote:
No one said you misspelled anything.
Here, learn something;
sic
adverb /sik/ 

Used in brackets after a copied or quoted word that appears odd or erroneous to show that the word is quoted exactly as it stands in the original, as in a story must hold a child's interest and “enrich his [sic] life.”
Thank you.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times
Quote:
So what? Your posts prove it. You are immersed in the myths but refuse to accept it although it is crystal clear.
How is it crystal clear? The man is and all these women most likely are extremely irresponsible. How many times do I have to say this?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
How is it crystal clear? The man is and all these women most likely are extremely irresponsible. How many times do I have to say this?
We had this round at post 39:

Quote:
...the manner in which you blame is distinctly different: the father is a loser, and there are no ifs, ands, or buts. But the mothers are "most likely" losers, and when I offered a blanket statement comparable to yours about the father, you gave them an out: "unless they were clueless."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies