Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Love that "Make My Day" law, huh? Would it make your day to kill someone? I mean, defending your home is one thing, but to crow about "Make My Day" is quite another.

I'm guessing that the home owners in this incident are probably pretty happy they didn't kill this woman and have to live with that for the rest of their lives.
Let us know IF someone drunk walked into your bedroom and tried to kill or rape you AND you had a loaded gun leveled at the person. Would you shoot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Let us know IF someone drunk walked into your bedroom and tried to kill or rape you AND you had a loaded gun leveled at the person. Would you shoot?
But this person did not try to kill or rape the owners.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
I have no problem with the castle doctrine. I am sorry she was shot but you had two scared old geezers with the unknown walking around their dark bedroom.

To even contemplate felony charges is idiocy.
D&D yep
Felony? AYFKM?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Still. Ripple was drunk; she could've been on Meth and we ALL know how crazy tweekers can be. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I know when I'm suddenly woken up like that it'd be fight time cause I'd be scared.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I have no problem with the castle doctrine. I am sorry she was shot but you had two scared old geezers with the unknown walking around their dark bedroom.

To even contemplate felony charges is idiocy.
D&D yep
Felony? AYFKM?
I think being shot was sufficient punishment.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:19 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
This young lady is lucky she isn't dead. She has a hard road ahead of her, but hopefully she takes this as a learning experience about not drinking so much that she has no idea where she is or what she's doing. She could have ended up dead, or worse, she could have ended up pregnant without a clue as to whom the daddy is.
For all she knows, the "getting pregnant" could also have happened before she got to the house. And, may not have any clue who Daddy is... I suspect that with a gunshot wound, any other discomfort from other "activities" would take a back seat. By the time she finds out the "rest of the story", the "condition" will be well on it's way.

Drinking really is not any better than any other form of drug.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I wouldn't wait around to see if someone in my room at night would try something, She was acting weird, who knows what she would have done. In this instance she out herself on borrowed time. She is lucky she wasn't killed.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
It seemed like a reasonable response. If you know that the person wandering around your room isn't a member of the family, you shoot. But given the circumstances I think charging her might be too much. She's got medical bills to pay for and a recovery, that might be enough of a punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies