Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Exactly. I've never done them before. Don't do them now, don't have the urge to try them, and wouldn't consider doing them even if they were legal. So the whole "marijuana is a gateway drug" logic is BS!
You know using that logic milk can be considered to be a "gateway drug" since everyone who has used hard drugs at one point in their lives have drank milk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
wasn't that clinton??

i heard obama hogged the spleef did not like to pass it..

bull sheet ,bull sheet snort, snort..

Bush did coke and was a alky what was the point again

Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You know using that logic milk can be considered to be a "gateway drug" since everyone who has used hard drugs at one point in their lives have drank milk

Ruh-roh Reorge! My son loves milk. I guess I'd better be careful. Seriously though, I never once believed the gateway drug theory. I do however; believe that the continued prohibition of marijuana is ridiculous! And, I will continue to stand by my belief.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
This is what is going to happen:

Soon marijuana will be legalized across the United States. A few years after that, which is what the pro drug forces want, ALL drugs will be legal.

10-15 years later, there will be so many murders, rapes, and other crimes, all the while the suspect was under the influence, drugs will, once again, become illegal. This cycle will continue.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
You do realize that we still use them don't you?
No, not over the counter, as it used to be. People, especially women, would 'remedy' themselved by taking hits of morphine.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Bath salts or PCP related drug
Pot.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, not over the counter, as it used to be. People, especially women, would 'remedy' themselved by taking hits of morphine.
The only differences is that companies have control over their sales and they are more focused on certain ailments, besides that they are still used regularly

Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Pot.
Nope, it does not have that affect on people unless something else is added to it

Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Nope, it does not have that affect on people unless something else is added to it
Which has been mentioned several times. Normal weed isn't going make someone go off the deep end in this fashion. Weed laced with PCP (also called "wet") will do so! It's just like if someone slips something in your cocktail!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,650,473 times
Quote:
Pot.
It is highly unlikely that pot caused your friend to remove his clothing and run around in his underwear in public. It was probably laced with something and your friend did not know it. Or perhaps your friend had also ingested something else that you were not aware of. There are also people who like to take their clothes off and run around in public. Since I don't know your friend, it's hard to say what it was.

If it was the pot, it would be an extremely rare event and in that case your friend would be wise not to smoke it. There are plenty of things out there that are legal that can produce side effects. That does not make pot evil.

As far as paranoia and anxiety with marijuana, it can happen in some people. Paranoia is not common. And when it happens, it is usually short lived. Anxiety is more common. And again it is short lived. When someone smokes marijuana, there are side effects. It affects people differently.

If someone is experiencing these symptoms, the best thing to do is to immediate drink a coca cola or fruit juice, something with sugar in it to help bring back up the blood sugar. Most people feel better within a few minutes. The person has either smoked too much, or they are not used to the strength of the pot. There are different strains, and some are much more potent than others. And the stuff coming from Mexico is nasty stuff, like transporting it in gas tanks in cars with fumes permeating the product. Gross! I want only the best Grade A, USA grown product without pesticides and other junk added to it. Tax it, regulate it, but make it legal with similar laws surrounding alcohol. It's the right thing to do. But no matter what, make it available as Medical Marijuana for those stricken with illness and disease that need it.

The drug companies know it's a wonder plant. That's why they keep it illegal and put out scare stories. Meanwhile, they keep trying to invent a pharmaceutical copy of it. Duh! They will make a fortune. Follow the money.

Last edited by Beth56; 06-18-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies