Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is the morning after pill not a form of abortion just in case the wrong little cells got together? I guess you are ready to accept all of Obama's words about that part, huh. He said we won't force anyone to pay for the abortions of others and then tries to force the Catholic Church to do just that. In so doing he admitted that tax money would be used for abortion with more supplied for Planned Parenthood etc.

You sure do a good job of playing Polly the Parrot sometimes.
Hmmmm, funny thing there, I have never heard President Obama speak on the morning after pill, so I guess it would not be me parroting what he believes is the truth.
As for the morning after pill, I do not believe taking a pill that keeps an egg and some sperm from developing into a human as killing a child, what is ended is nothing near a human baby. You may believe otherwise and that is your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
She's right. And yes I am a Roman Catholic.

OBAMA 2012!!!!

she and you are wrong, and I am Roman Catholic as well.
Obama 1 term president!!!!!

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 06-11-2012 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-11-2012, 08:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No, the morning after pill is absolutely not an abortion, nor is birth control....
What is the purpose of that morning after pill if not to kill what may have occurred the night before. I consider killing a fetus at 4 months as nothing less than killing it at 24 hours. Abortion is abortion no matter when it occurs.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe you can show us where anyones right to exercise their religion was impaired?
They obviously tried to shut the Catholics down and I still say that if they had surrendered in the beginning the rest of us would have been able to look for them to come after us.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm, funny thing there, I have never heard President Obama speak on the morning after pill, so I guess it would not be me parroting what he believes is the truth.
As for the morning after pill, I do not believe taking a pill that keeps an egg and some sperm from developing into a human as killing a child, what is ended is nothing near a human baby. You may believe otherwise and that is your choice.
Thanks a bunch for allowing me to have my own thoughts about what is murder and what is not. I just don't see how doing away with a creations like that one the next day is any less murder than 4 months later.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks a bunch for allowing me to have my own thoughts about what is murder and what is not. I just don't see how doing away with a creations like that one the next day is any less murder than 4 months later.
Your welcome, I have already read your thoughts on the matter, so I know what you believed and you verified it. We disagree on a morning after joing of sperm and egg and a 4 month old fetuce been the same, next you will tell me all seed and eggs are simply people that have not had the opportunity to grow and with that the pill is a form of murder. Isn't that the end point, according to many right-to-life oragnizations it is all the same. Thankfully the Law says otherwise.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
They obviously tried to shut the Catholics down and I still say that if they had surrendered in the beginning the rest of us would have been able to look for them to come after us.
They tried to shutdown no one. The law says if you run a Business and have employees you must provide the full range of health benefits. The key word here is BUSINESS and there are Laws that govern this. The clergy was not included nor was the freedom to worship as you see fit curtailed in the least bit.
You do know that the vast majority of American Catholics are Spanish, guess who they will be voting for in November, it won't be Mittens.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
They tried to shutdown no one. The law says if you run a Business and have employees you must provide the full range of health benefits. The key word here is BUSINESS and there are Laws that govern this. The clergy was not included nor was the freedom to worship as you see fit curtailed in the least bit.
You do know that the vast majority of American Catholics are Spanish, guess who they will be voting for in November, it won't be Mittens.
I doubt that you saw my posts when this thing first got started about Father Tom Olmsted, the Bishop of Phoenix, who was a student of mine in the mid-60s. He was the first Bishop to actually shut down a church operated hospital in Phoenix because they refused to back off on abortions. Hell, I even linked a press conference he had after telling the hospital that they could no longer use the name Catholic in their name and pulled out some Church employees who weren't medical in nature.

Olmsted was against them letting a group in Los Angeles determine the rules of the hospital. Yes the group in LA was Catholic but like you, believed in abortion.

How many businesses of the hospital variety would they have to close down if the Obamas make that order stick? Those hospitals are often the only ones around in the localities they are in and you people are willing to shut those people down because of the desire to bring Christian churches into line with government thinking? I just can't see your line of thinking.

Did you know that my first wife had an abortion at 18. She later was a counselor to mostly Hispanic teens (13-14) and she always told them to take the babies to term and then find someone else to take them. She always felt guilty of murder. Of course, she had her abortion in 1960 in an alley walk up operation. Much of my disliking of abortion comes from what it did to her.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Catholic nuns and most Catholics (virtually all I know in person), would call that a right wing lie.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:57 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
The Catholic Church never was meant to be a democracy.

We don't get to elect the pope, select our own parish priests, or vote on gay marriage or abortion.

Can't accept that ?

Find a different church/religion !

Or create your own church, just like Martin Luther did when he nailed his Thesis on the door of the Cathedral at Worms (Germany) 500 years ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies