Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
4 years ?

* Obama got his healthcare, didn't he ? And that was with ZERO Republican votes
* Obama got his stimulus, didn't he ?
* Obama got his debt ceiling raises didn't he ?

What Obama HASN'T done is to promote bipartisanship in Congress. Obama himself promotes partisan division and finger pointing. He's the man at the top, he sets the example.

Clinton did it so don't say it can't be done.
I realize your task is to spin for the repug right, but Ill respond anyway.
* So what if he got some of what he originally wanted on Obamacare?
* Obama got a stimulus watered down by repugs.
* On the debt ceiling, Repugs chickened out at the last minute, and are threatening again.

* Bipartisanship? Boehner is carrying through on his threat to sabotage Obama's re-election.
* Your boys in congress, Boehner, McConnell, any repug leader, do plenty of finger-pointing, loudly and publicly. And they get lots of media time in the repub-owned media.
* Yeah, just ignore the list of stalled bills (from 2010), like the House doesn't exist, and keep blaming Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I realize your task is to spin for the repug right, but Ill respond anyway.
* So what if he got some of what he originally wanted on Obamacare?
* Obama got a stimulus watered down by repugs.
* On the debt ceiling, Repugs chickened out at the last minute, and are threatening again.

* Bipartisanship? Boehner is carrying through on his threat to sabotage Obama's re-election.
* Your boys in congress, Boehner, McConnell, any repug leader, do plenty of finger-pointing, loudly and publicly. And they get lots of media time in the repub-owned media.
* Yeah, just ignore the list of stalled bills (from 2010), like the House doesn't exist, and keep blaming Obama.
I didn't vote for Boehner or McConnell, so they aren't "my boys".
I didn't vote Repub or Dem in the 2008 election.

Blame Obama ? Hah..Congress runs the country and holds the purse strings, not the President.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
What do you think more taxes will get you..you personally ?
You give the government more money they will find something to spend it on. Maybe increase "foreign spending".
How does that help the US ?

Higher taxes on corporations/individuals is not going to put America back to where it was.
Emerging nations have caught up to us in skill and labor and are out competing us.

We have a government that is not good at accounting for where the money goes.

That is the probelm besides half of the corrupt politicans are owned by big business and the the few that are at least trying to help the American people are being ignore or threatened. If you really want to blame anyone it should be every politican that made a pledge to Norquist over the American people

Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Well this isn't 1940. And there can always be extenuating circumstances, like in times of war.
But this is 2012 and that's all we do..spend more than we take in.
It must be painful for you to think back to bush's term. Opening up wars on multiple fronts without raising taxes to fund them. Enacting a insurance company giveaway called Medicare part d without funding it. Of course, Obama is now saddled with these unfunded bush policies...

Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Blame Obama ? Hah..Congress runs the country and holds the purse strings, not the President.
Your post #345 citing "4 years of hope and change" strongly suggests you are blaming Obama. How could anyone interpret that otherwise? So Congressional repubs (and some blue-dogs) are killing the Dem initiatives which Obama wants on his desk.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
It must be painful for you to think back to bush's term.
I think the lefties drones have a script that when they press one key on their keyboard a message prints out "It is Bush's fault".

With the presidential election near, the campaigner-in-chief, President Barack Obama, has revealed his strategy. It is the same as the last election: blame Bush.

lol

Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Obama has already made the case that you can blame Congress for the country’s problems. And guess who controlled Congress in 2007-2008 during the financial collapse? That’s right, the Democrats!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I think the lefties drones have a script that when they press one key on their keyboard a message prints out "It is Bush's fault".

With the presidential election near, the campaigner-in-chief, President Barack Obama, has revealed his strategy. It is the same as the last election: blame Bush.

lol
Because 30 years of Repub/Bush-supported, Reaganomic Wall Street deregulated trickle-down, big spending and lowering taxes on the wealthy is responsible for the meltdown. Your "special key" is the one labelled "Denial".

Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Because 30 years of Repub/Bush-supported, Reaganomic Wall Street deregulated trickle-down, big spending and lowering taxes on the wealthy is responsible for the meltdown. Your "special key" is the one labelled "Denial".
That and their hero Reagun spent four years blaming carter for everything under the sun.... Two years in it was Carter's recession.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:

So who is in control of the Congress?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies