Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:33 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times

Advertisements

Is there any American flags flying in Dearbornistan? If so, will the last American citizen leaving that city please take it with you when you leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You can hang the Iraq war on GW Bush and I was NOT for that. I'm talking about our war with the Taliban which we should be amping up. We need to kill every single one of them until the Taliban is no more.
I completely disagree.
The more people we kill, the more time we spend occupying countries, the more WE recruit for the anti-US forces.
By your logic, they need to kill every one of us.

Are you in the military?
Or is this just tough talk from your keyboard?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
OR they're defending the rights and freedoms of American citizens since, ya know, we all live under the US CONSTITUTION and the "Muslims" in Detroit or wherever else they are are AMERICAN CITIZENS as much as I know it bothers you to admit. An American is an American whether they have a green card or are born into this country.

I see that tolerance and understanding others is another failed concept of yours set down by your "god" and Jesus Christ. How shameful it is that you're a failed Christian. I almost pity you.
Hmm I never claim to be a christian. Your attempt to "shame" me is beyond ludicrous. The usual tactic thrown out by muslim supporters is to attack Christians which is all your doing. It is a pathetic tactic. Like I said before when Christians begin blowing up folks and themselves for their God then I'll worry about Christians.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:21 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hmm I never claim to be a christian. Your attempt to "shame" me is beyond ludicrous. The usual tactic thrown out by muslim supporters is to attack Christians which is all your doing. It is a pathetic tactic. Like I said before when Christians begin blowing up folks and themselves for their God then I'll worry about Christians.
Keep telling yourself that. Your denial might serve you well in the future.

Also, I'm not a Muslim supporter - I point out the bigotry and ignorance in others which is all your spewing along with hate filled logic. Some American you are when you don't support religious freedom. The right would be ashamed of you, but they're pathetic enough as it is. You're just bringing them down even further...which is no surprise really.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Now your giving up on attacking me since like I said I never claimed to be a christian and now you roll on over to saying I'm don't support religious freedom? Is that all you can do in your support of your violent muslim buddies? Well I guess attacking those who don't believe what they do is what they are all about so your just falling in line. Your posts spell that out pretty clear. You move to Dearborn with all your new chums and see if they take you in. lol

Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
It's my opinion that most of the posts here are a bit off-topic.

If people want to debate religion, maybe someone should start a Christianity Versus Islam thread here in C-D.

The group of sign-carrying and pig-head carrying "missionaries" are in my view not representative of most Christians (and I am not a Christian). They seem to be combative, provocateurs either looking to 'pick a fight' or just create a controversy to get media attention a la Westboro Baptist Church. I believe they were not invited to be part of the event, but crashed it anyway ... the US Constitution does protect freedom of speech.

The real debate is what is freedom of speech? The Supreme Court has ruled that freedom of speech does have limitations ... the very famous axiom is: 'there is no freedom of speech to cry fire in a crowded theater'. The Court has also ruled that even obnoxious, hateful speech is protected (that is why Westboro can go around and do their thing). At some point someone is going to have to decide if these people are inciting or just innocently exercising their freedom of speech.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Is that all you can do in your support of your violent muslim buddies? You move to Dearborn with all your new chums and see if they take you in. lol
Aren't you just a little bit (actually a lot) presumptuous in assuming I associate myself with the Muslim religion when I have clearly stated time and time again that I'm Agnostic? I guess that little bit of clarity is too much for your bigotry filled brain to handle. Typical.

Why would I move to Dearborn when I live in Los Angeles attending college for free? Huh. Trying to derail the conversation like a typical detractor of whatever religion or lifestyle doesn't suit their pretty little mind's eye as per usual.

I really feel sorry for you. Just like your buddy Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

Old 06-18-2012, 05:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Really? We go out and "murder" them? Maybe we are trying to control them to keep their violence down as much as possible?
In order to keep violence down we kill innocent people? Way to lead by example.

Quote:
If you remember, they hijacked our planes-filled with OUR citizens and flew them into OUR buildings. Who would think of something like that?
If you remember, our involvement started in the early 1950's when we helped over throw a democratically elected government.
All in the name of oil.
Read up on why they attacked us. The Dept of defense and the CIA Report from the Bin Laden unit tell us the reasons. Among the reasons, we've killed many innocent citizens, and occupying holy lands.
Are you going to sit on your hands if China comes over with their military to protect their business interests?

Quote:
Mexicans come to America to become Americans and work. The Irish came to America to become Americans and work and build families in freedom. Same with the Germans and Italians.

The Muslims come to America to be Muslims. And when their numbers are sufficient, you will find out just how "peaceful" they are.
Based on what?

Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Why do these *******s ASSume all Arabs are muslim?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't have to look for evidence, you (as in self-proclaimed christians) present it to me daily. Just read the hatred and name-calling spewing out self-professed christians all over CD. You know, calling people prejudiced, hateful, hypocrites, etc. That's the kind of christianity that I'm used to on CD and elsewhere.
Oh yes, you are looking for "evidence." And to use CD, anonymous posters who may just be posers? That's just plain stupid IMO. You are also cherry-picking, because I'm quite sure you'll deny that for every so-called Christian on CD or in the news trying to get attention, there are 100+ real Christians providing food, shelter, clean water and help for the poor and oppressed all around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies