Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times

Advertisements

Only doing the work of Jesus Christ, because everyone knows that Jesus Christ went around taunting people and looking for fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 02:23 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,372,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Only doing the work of Jesus Christ, because everyone knows that Jesus Christ went around taunting people and looking for fights.
I must have missed that part.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Agreed I have a dim view of Islam but this is not appropriate behavior. Can't support it.
Can you imagine what would happen if you left enough rocks lying around for the Muslim kids to "play" with like they do in the Middle East? Try these tapes from the same Muslim celebration in Dearborn in 2009 and 2011. Tell me if the "Christians" doing the filming are being kind of violent. Look at the faces on the men in the video about all the security that came up when the "Christians" tried to ask questions at a booth they took a pamphlet from.

Arab festival in Michigan 2009 Sharia in the US!!!! - YouTube

Notice the behavior of the young Muslims at about 3:00 for some time and then again at 9:00 to the end.

http://www.youtuve.com/watch?v=2gHMgjppolo

Maybe you will notice the reference to Christians being able to do their preaching on Warren St. That one always shows up on these videos. I have never been to Dearborn but I am sure i would recognize the intersection where Christians are allowed during those three days.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:01 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
There is not even a chance that these people are Christians. They really disgust me on so many levels. They bring disrepute and loathing to the glorious gospel of Jesus.

Jesus commands His followers to LOVE their neighbour and as a matter of fact even commands us to love our enemies and those who hate us, not that these Muslims dislike us in any way.

Christian is a pretty loose term out there these days. Give me 2 minutes with any of these people and they will walk away knowing full well they are not Christian in any way shape or form!!!!!!
I agree completely and that should answer another poster's question, "What is a true Christian".

Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
You conveniently forgot to include the other half of the picture - which is a Muslim also engaged in hand-to-hand combat.

Or are you unaware of history?
I love the revisionist historians. They paint the Christians to be the bad guys in the Crusades, when in reality they were fighting to win back lands taken by Muslims in one of many invasions of Europe by the Muslims over the hundreds of years.

It is the same struggle, but now we are helping the Muslims win by allowing them footholds into our countries with our own liberal policies. The Muslims still have the same goal they had a thousand years ago, to convert or kill the Christians. Same war, different soldiers.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:28 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I love the revisionist historians. They paint the Christians to be the bad guys in the Crusades, when in reality they were fighting to win back lands taken by Muslims in one of many invasions of Europe by the Muslims over the hundreds of years.

It is the same struggle, but now we are helping the Muslims win by allowing them footholds into our countries with our own liberal policies. The Muslims still have the same goal they had a thousand years ago, to convert or kill the Christians. Same war, different soldiers.

They'll learn one of these days...At least now they can tell the Christians to pack sand they won't bow before the cross.. When the Muslims bring the message it's take or die.....

Old 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
There is not even a chance that these people are Christians. They really disgust me on so many levels. They bring disrepute and loathing to the glorious gospel of Jesus.

Jesus commands His followers to LOVE their neighbour and as a matter of fact even commands us to love our enemies and those who hate us, not that these Muslims dislike us in any way.

Christian is a pretty loose term out there these days. Give me 2 minutes with any of these people and they will walk away knowing full well they are not Christian in any way shape or form!!!!!!

Makes me wonder who invited them.

Certainly it wasn't Mayor O'Reilly or Police Chief Haddad.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:13 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

"The three-day festival is the largest public gathering of Arab-Americans in the U.S.; it has drawn Christian missionaries for years, but in 2009, some become more aggressive, leading to arrests and legal feuds."

"Some become more aggressive"

Really?

Is that actually true?

"Leading to arrests and legal feuds"?

Dearborn Officials Face Federal Court Lawsuit

Last I heard, Mayor O'Reilly and Police Chief Haddad were being sued in federal court for violating the Constitutional rights of the Acts 17 street preachers.

Maybe "legal feuds" is a little generous for a Mayor and Police Chief who seem to think wiping their *** with the Constitution is OK.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:19 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Those weren't Christian missionaries.

The hate-speech toward and lying about Christians by the press and far left these days is downright scary. Sometimes I worry if it continues, it will get as bad as anti-semitism in 1930's Germany.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
They'll learn one of these days...At least now they can tell the Christians to pack sand they won't bow before the cross.. When the Muslims bring the message it's take or die.....
Unbelievable that our "freedom of religion" principle may bring us down. In 100 years when we are fighting a civil war with homegrown Islamic Radicals I wonder if people will wish that we would have prevented the problem now when it would have been easy. Just say NO to Muslim immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies