Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times

Advertisements

If you disagree with Obama you must be a racist.

What does calling him a ghetto African monkey have to do with his policies?

If the hood fits, wear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 PM

276 posts, read 236,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you disagree with Obama you must be a racist.

What does calling him a ghetto African monkey have to do with his policies?

If the hood fits, wear it.
Why is opposition to the HCB considered "racist"?

The phony accusation of racism should be treated with the same disdain as actual racism.

“Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.”- Mary Francis Berry

Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Why is opposition to the HCB considered "racist"?

The phony accusation of racism should be treated with the same disdain as actual racism.
I oppose the HCB, but I've never accused Obama of wanting to enslave White people or hating White people. I've never compared him to a watermelon eating monkey like the teabaggers do.

White power!!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I oppose the HCB, but I've never accused Obama of wanting to enslave White people or hating White people. I've never compared him to a watermelon eating monkey like the teabaggers do.

White power!!!!
Are you saying all Tea Party people are racist?

Evidence, please.

Oh, and again:

“Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.”- Mary Francis Berry

Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Are you saying all Tea Party people are racist?

Evidence, please.
Not all, but many of them.

A crap load of them

Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Not all, but many of them.

A crap load of them
How many? What percentage?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
How many? What percentage?
On internet forums, I'd say majority, at least 50%, in real life, who knows, I don't know that many teabaggers, but the ones I do know tend to have racist tendencies, or at the very least are apologists for racists.

What do you think of a sign that claims Obama will enslave White people?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
On internet forums, I'd say majority, at least 50%, in real life, who knows, I don't know that many teabaggers, but the ones I do know tend to have racist tendencies, or at the very least are apologists for racists.

What do you think of a sign that claims Obama will enslave White people?
Oh, on internet forums.

As for the sign, I don't sweat it. After all, the anti-war movement has "signs" calling for soldiers to murder their own officers, but I don't think the whole anti-war movement as that hateful.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Or if you disagree with his policies.

Anyone who has paid attention the last 3 1/2 years knows this. Don't act like this isn't the case or that the many accusations of "racism" are principled. They are not; they are just an attempt to silence opposition to Barack Obama.
Kindly provide links to some posts that, unprovoked, respond to a simple disagreement with Obama's policies by claiming the respondent is racist. Since you obviously sense this is a common pattern this shouldn't be hard to do. There are certainly members here who have earned their reputation as racists and their stance is well-known-- however I still think you'll have trouble citing examples of an unprovoked, simple disagreement, resulting in cries of racisim. Again, you claim a pattern here, so let's see your examples.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that true or can one disagree with his policies without being a racist? What happens to a black man who disagrees with Obama. Is he an Uncle Tom or a reverse racist. I keep wondering why I have been a racist all this time for disagreeing with his policies. I think it has to do with how liberals see things and it is them that call me racist.

If You Disagree with President Obama You Must be a Racist - Godfather Politics
somebody who calls themselves "roysoldboy" isn't "black"! Child please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies