Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times

Advertisements

Myself not being a citizen but a keen observer am not filled with hate for other races- I don't even look at Obama as black...I look at the super dark skinned native of the Congo in Africa as black. I don't think that Obama from what I see DESERVES the high office president. Far as I am concerned you could have taken a totally inept white guy who maybe has a job as a probation officer ---put him in a tanning salon for a year - and ran him as a prime candidate for the office.

It's so stunningly bizarre that a nation of over 300 million people would vote a guy in on skin tone..what the hell is that about?

What's next in the name of freedom and equality? How about running a guy that is a flaming gay that dresses in show girl dresses for president...all of the so called left would weep in joy even if this president's only skill was his pretentious ability to decorate your bathroom by painting it pink and calling himself a genius.

I don't disagree or agree with what YOUR president states....cos he is not a statesman...he is a singer who strings together some bad poetry and calls it a speech. What has this man done or said that is profound and new and progressive? If the guy is so smart there would have been positive changes- progress...going to Hollywood and cuddling up with some actors (not real people) and saying he is fine with two men getting it on is not profound- It is called pandering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Where have you been the last 3 1/2 years?

Or simply disagreeing with Obama.
lol. no. Where have you been? Welcome back.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Myself not being a citizen but a keen observer am not filled with hate for other races- I don't even look at Obama as black...I look at the super dark skinned native of the Congo in Africa as black. I don't think that Obama from what I see DESERVES the high office president. Far as I am concerned you could have taken a totally inept white guy who maybe has a job as a probation officer ---put him in a tanning salon for a year - and ran him as a prime candidate for the office.

It's so stunningly bizarre that a nation of over 300 million people would vote a guy in on skin tone..what the hell is that about?

What's next in the name of freedom and equality? How about running a guy that is a flaming gay that dresses in show girl dresses for president...all of the so called left would weep in joy even if this president's only skill was his pretentious ability to decorate your bathroom by painting it pink and calling himself a genius.

I don't disagree or agree with what YOUR president states....cos he is not a statesman...he is a singer who strings together some bad poetry and calls it a speech. What has this man done or said that is profound and new and progressive? If the guy is so smart there would have been positive changes- progress...going to Hollywood and cuddling up with some actors (not real people) and saying he is fine with two men getting it on is not profound- It is called pandering.
Well, sometimes, the comments aren't racist and are more of just a rambling of nonsensical musings.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Kindly provide links to some posts that, unprovoked, respond to a simple disagreement with Obama's policies by claiming the respondent is racist. Since you obviously sense this is a common pattern this shouldn't be hard to do. There are certainly members here who have earned their reputation as racists and their stance is well-known-- however I still think you'll have trouble citing examples of an unprovoked, simple disagreement, resulting in cries of racisim. Again, you claim a pattern here, so let's see your examples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't worry, the evidence will not be forthcoming because no matter how often they repeat it, their accusation that liberals are always claiming that people who oppose President Obama's policies are racists is a lie.

ROFL, jack

Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Not racist: I disagree w/ Obama's Liberal policies

Racist: I disagree w/ that White-hating Obama's Liberal policies to award reparations to those ghetto Blacks.
Swing and a miss

Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Nobody called California or New Hampshire voters racist when Hillary won those primaries.

Everyone knows that West Virginia and the Appalachian/Ozark region in general is ass-backward, ignorant and deeply racist. Nobody needed to wait for any primary results to figure that out.

The people who make this argument are always counting on being able to conflate the two statements "You can oppose Obama and not be racist" and "Nobody who opposes Obama is racist, and how could you even suspect such a thing?"
Many many many links out there...

Andrew Cline - The Real Story In New Hampshire

Racial tensions roil Democratic race - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

If you want more, you can easily find them with a google search.

The Clintons were labeled racist, old rich white people etc etc. from many but clearly not all of the opposition.
It's like your own ending statements.

The idea that no one from the Obama camp is playing racial politics is patently absurd. It's as wacky as saying that none of the teaparty folks are racist.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:50 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
What I've learned in life is.....

People like you, who claim to be so "Tolerant" are equally intolerant of anyone who does not think and feel the same as you do; just like the Religious Righties. You jackboot from the other side, but it's still jackbooting, nonetheless.

People like you, you're idea of being tolerant, is when everyone tolerates your inane perspectives, agrees with you and submits. All others willl be subjected to a neverending barage of mindless attempts to manipulate, bully and impose your will on us. And usually done in a cowardly passive-aggressive manner, I might add.

PC Extremism is just one little, fine example of how those like you and the Religious Right, have jackbooted and hijacked this country. There are so many, though.
It is dubious, at best, (clinically insane at worst) when you utter an unbelieveably ignorant comment like the bolded...... while saying your location is "partisanship is an intellectual/emotional handicap"

Wow..... is all that I can say.....

Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't worry, the evidence will not be forthcoming because no matter how often they repeat it, their accusation that liberals are always claiming that people who oppose President Obama's policies are racists is a lie.
No. You can be called a racist merely for not voting for Obama in the primaries and having white skin. And his and hillary's positions were very close to one another.

Let's be fair, it wasn't a majority of Obama supporters....but then again you have a racist segment in the teaparty....you might want to remove the log from your eye on this one.

It's completely documented, many of the claims were even directed at Bill and Hillary. You know Bill had to go on Sharptons radio show to kiss butt over calling the Obama campaign a fairy tale? They were called "old rich white people"?

Wow, everyone sure has convenient amnesia 4 years later.....google it, pages and pages and pages.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:55 AM

276 posts, read 236,302 times
Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.- Mary Francis Berry

Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Well, sometimes, the comments aren't racist and are more of just a rambling of nonsensical musings.
You know what I would like- Is a new form of racism.....so I could become a full blown racist. Firstly I would like to designate all of those who scream racism constantly and those always playing the race card...as a new and separate RACE...then I would like to hate them to bits till someone dragged me in front of some sort of human rights tribunal and convicted me as being a huma-phobe. Now what if I decided to HATE the hell out of the whole HUMAN race? I mean everybody- would that be a hate crime? Or is it only a hate crime if I hate small pocket of humanity that have similar attributes?

As I grow into more of a miserable curmudgeon...I might just take this way of thinking up and start a new movement with a membership of one.....ME.....Now if the whole world hated me the singular guy for being a racist - would that make all of humanity racist? Or would I have to declare my self a special interest individual .....could I be declared a race--just me...?

Now the above is nonsensical musing with a bit of rambling tossed in for good measure...I hate all of you...- or in the alternative I love all of you- one way or another people are not going to like me- and I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies