Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:07 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You don't get it. YOu can't make some rule for one woman or one man. Well you can if you go to a private pool. Do your swimming there. Simple stuff until the left finds somebody they think is being picked on and starts going batsheet crazy.
Your posts are even worse than usual in this thread.
One can only suppose how you would behave if any women in your life suffered the same fate.
Learn some compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Public park pools have rules, you must cover up. Even children and babies have to be covered. Why couldn't she just wear a loose tank top with her swimming shorts?
I feel badly that she's had to suffer through cancer treatments but I think she's just looking for attention by refusing to cover up.

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
How bizarre. Without breasts, there's nothing to cover up, as her picture clearly shows.

"A woman who survived breast cancer after a double mastectomy has been told by a government parks department she is not allowed to swim topless. Jodi Jaecks underwent the surgery in 2011 which has left her flat-chested, with two thin scars where her nipples once lay. The Seattle Parks and Recreation department has refused to let the 45-year-old swim topless, despite suffering from nerve pain across her chest and neck, a common side effect of mastectomies.

Read more: Breastless cancer survivor told she cannot swim topless in public pool - despite 'searing pain' of wearing bikini top | Mail Online
More common sense from a government bureaucrat!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
You don't have to carry around a card saying you had breast cancer, when you are a woman who no longer has breasts. Did you even read the link that includes her picture? This women has no breasts!!! She doesn't even have nipples!!! That is the only woman referenced in the title of this thread and my OP.
Right and rules aren't made at in public areas for ONE person. Why can't you understand that? Society has rules to abide by whether you agree with them or not. If you don't blow up a little turtle pool in the back yard and swim away without your shirt on if you so desire.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Your posts are even worse than usual in this thread.
One can only suppose how you would behave if any women in your life suffered the same fate.
Learn some compassion.
Coming from you that must mean I'm more correct than usual.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Public park pools have rules, you must cover up. Even children and babies have to be covered. Why couldn't she just wear a loose tank top with her swimming shorts?
I feel badly that she's had to suffer through cancer treatments but I think she's just looking for attention by refusing to cover up.
Really? At your public park pool males have to cover their chests?

You can't swim for exercise and wear a loose tank.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
How bizarre. Without breasts, there's nothing to cover up, as her picture clearly shows.

"A woman who survived breast cancer after a double mastectomy has been told by a government parks department she is not allowed to swim topless. Jodi Jaecks underwent the surgery in 2011 which has left her flat-chested, with two thin scars where her nipples once lay. The Seattle Parks and Recreation department has refused to let the 45-year-old swim topless, despite suffering from nerve pain across her chest and neck, a common side effect of mastectomies.

Read more: Breastless cancer survivor told she cannot swim topless in public pool - despite 'searing pain' of wearing bikini top | Mail Online
No more bizarre than covering breasts. It is a social thing designed to cut down on sexual provocation or activity. Why globules of ducts and mostly fat have such fascination and such treatment could be considered odd in itself. In most cases, it wouldn't be a hygiene issue.

If she is a female most of the western world say breasts should be covered because it is proper. Bound to be certain garments that would help with the pain issue. I am not so sure swimming, which increases sensitivity may be the right activity. Though it is good safe exercise.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,263,862 times
When I visited Denmark, I found out that at the beach or pool, some people wear bathing suits, some don't, some women wear only the bottom of a two-piece suit.

And nobody gives a damn one way or the other.

Seems like the best way to approach it.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
When I visited Denmark, I found out that at the beach or pool, some people wear bathing suits, some don't, some women wear only the bottom of a two-piece suit.

And nobody gives a damn one way or the other.

Seems like the best way to approach it.
Some societies are much better about addressing the "body" than others.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:18 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Coming to a public pool near you.......
It looks like the difference between the dogs and the people in Copenhagen is that the dogs can do it any time they want to.

revolting, to say the least.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies