Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:51 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times

Advertisements

Throwing themselves on the house floor and kicking and screaming would be more attention getting and more appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Shows the maturity level of some elected officials. Rather then stay and loudly vote "NO", they will segregate themselves and run off.

What is it with Dems running away when they don't like what's going on ?
Texas, Wisconsin and now DC ??

You Dems really need to vote in people who are not afraid to put on their big-boy pants and act like adults. You can't always get your way.

This says a lot for the party that's always screaming "racism". You are doing it to yourselves.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
You would think they would hold their members to the same level of honesty and competence that they demand from everyone else.

It's sad to see otherwise.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:21 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I assume you believe the Repubs were racist in 2008 when they walked out, huh?
No, actually it was the Clintons and their supporters that were racist in 2008. Bill even had to go on Al Sharptons radio show to "explain his comments" about Obama.

Let that one sink in. If the CLINTONS had to defend themselves from charges of racism in a campaign.....lol....you get the point.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Black Lawmakers Plot 'Walkout Strategy' During Holder Contempt Vote - Influence Alley

Shocker! Lol is there any doubt they're racist? Race is more important to them than anything else. They should be fired
This might just be posturing to insulate themselves from criticism when they choose not to walk out.

Both sides are just engaging in election year politicking.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Cute Black Baby crying.. Awww - YouTube

Old 06-28-2012, 07:31 AM

226 posts, read 213,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This Congress is indeed contemptible, Holder is right and so is the black caucus. Where would we be if instead of this needless deflection they focused on the economy during the same time they spent hassling holder. Typical politics, you investigate me, I will investigate you, you block my pork I will block your pork,
I can't figure out why they haven't called anyone in the ATF to testify if in fact they are investigating the ATF? Maybe they are just doing a pretend investigating.
Imagine where we'd be if Obama and the Dems focused on the economy during their 1st two years when they controlled everything.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No stay and fighting. Run away, run away.

Black Lawmakers To Walk Out On Eric Holder Contempt Vote
The Congressional Black Caucus will walk out of the House chamber during Thursday's vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.
As long as it is making all the racist mad then good for them. And I can tell that it is. They should do more. They should call boner a racist in front of the world while he speaks. Let everyone know what the right of this country is really about.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This Congress is indeed contemptible, Holder is right and so is the black caucus. Where would we be if instead of this needless deflection they focused on the economy during the same time they spent hassling holder. Typical politics, you investigate me, I will investigate you, you block my pork I will block your pork,
I can't figure out why they haven't called anyone in the ATF to testify if in fact they are investigating the ATF? Maybe they are just doing a pretend investigating.
Would you be parroting this same line, if this was happening under a Republican president with a Democrat congress?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
I'm pretty sure it's not just the black caucus that is walking out. So why single out just them? Fortune Magazine actually did a really good piece on the hold F&F situation and why it is all politics now....

I also remember the members of the republican congress planning to walk out because of the Democrats wanting to hold members of the Bush administration in contempt...but let's focus on the black caucus because, you know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies