Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:32 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No, I didn't defend the OP...I responded to florida.bob with a humerous jab at how all these wild charges of racism get thrown around...even at the Clintons. In the very next post to the thread I followed up calling the actions of BOTH sides politicking which both refutes the OP's claim of racial motivation by the CBC and points out my belief that the actions vs. Holder are political.

I know you have to kinda read and maybe even think about what I write since "you people" apparantly can't tell where a person stands on a topic unless they include "*******" or "teabagger" in their posts.

Oh, and I'm a fiscal conservative, social liberal so I confuse the heck out of the linear (flat line) thinkers around here.
Well I happen to agree with you that the OP is wrong. The walk out is political just like every other walk out I can remember…

And no need to explain linear… I’m not an uneducated teabaggger…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
As long as they keep on walking, if they walk, and don't come back.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So am I and it's funny to see what I get called by some people depending on the topic
Mathguy maybe, but you probably don't have a liberal bone in your body...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
As long as they keep on walking, if they walk, and don't come back.
If you don't like what they're doing vote them out if they represent your district... If none of them represent your district it's a mut point...

Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Contrary to what people like "plwhit" and others who think in such strange ways the walkout doesn't look to be racist... I see Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians walking out together in protest... Who would have known...

Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Contrary to what people like "plwhit" and others who think in such strange ways the walkout doesn't look to be racist... I see Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians walking out together in protest... Who would have known...

doesnt matter, if they cant do the job, then let them resign. these politicians are acting like the jerks from Wisconsin.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
doesnt matter, if they cant do the job, then let them resign. these politicians are acting like the jerks from Wisconsin.
And just like the jerks back in 2008.

House GOP'ers Walk Out Of Contempt Vote - YouTube

This is all just political grandstanding and really doesn't have anything to do with race as you guys try to keep making it.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
When things get tough the Democrats get going...right out the door, just like the runaway Wisconsin Democrats. Where are these guys walking to? The same hidey hole in Illinois where the Wisconsin politicians ran?

Where's that chicken emoticon when you need it?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
When things get tough the Democrats get going...right out the door, just like the runaway Wisconsin Democrats. Where are these guys walking to? The same hidey hole in Illinois where the Wisconsin politicians ran?

Where's that chicken emoticon when you need it?

House GOP'ers Walk Out Of Contempt Vote - YouTube

Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Mathguy maybe, but you probably don't have a liberal bone in your body...
I'm socially liberal. I try to keep my personal beliefs and opinons out of it.
Gay, abortion, sex education. Go for it, just don't ask me to financially contribute.

You can check the social issue threads..when I state my beliefs I also state that they are mine and I would not impose them on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies