Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Thanks Justice Roberts........ You Clown!!!
Ohhhhh noooo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Typical lying and back paddling from Obama! And people still beleive in him.

It IS a tax. Period. If it is not, then it is unconstitutional according to the recent decision. Obamas lawyer made a case for it to be a tax and that is why it was upheld. Now the liar in chief wants to put words in the mouths of the justices to serve his own purposes and keep the truth from the American people once again. Unbelievable!
And how many Americans know the details of the decision..that the WH argued it was a tax ?
All they know is that it passed. The WH is now back to saying it's not a tax because that is what they said in the past. The lemmings heard this argument once before and will not pay attention.

I was at lunch yesterday with 4 coworkers. These are middle class/upper middle class white collar workers with college degrees in Engineering. You would think these would be "informed" people wouldn't you ? Not a one knew the details of the Supreme Court ruling. When I told them, they shrugged and then commented that I shouldn't spend so much time reading about politics.

There used to be two other folks at work that kept up with politics and we used to have some good, lively debates without getting personal about it. Sadly those 2 got layed off last year

Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
It wasnt a tax to begin with. Obama's lawyer even bringing that up should have resulted in it being tossed out during oral arguments. And no way should Roberts been allowed to change the wording of the law, because it was NOT written as a tax.
Of course it was a tax. Anyone who can't see the games Obama was trying to play are just plain not too bright.

I agree Roberts should not have been allowed to change it from a penalty to a tax, but I think he has something up his sleeve We, the People (and most of the media) hasn't yet figured out.

See video in this thread. Now that it's been ruled a tax, it's invalid because it didn't originate in the house.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ople-will.html

Old 06-30-2012, 08:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Of course it was a tax. Anyone who can't see the games Obama was trying to play are just plain not too bright.

I agree Roberts should not have been allowed to change it from a penalty to a tax, but I think he has something up his sleeve We, the People (and most of the media) hasn't yet figured out.

See video in this thread. Now that it's been ruled a tax, it's invalid because it didn't originate in the house.

Who is going to say it's invalid ? The President ? The House ? Senate maybe ?
Who ?

It's a done deal. The House has not claimed it's invalid, have they ?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:33 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well, those 2% must not have a lot of money because they lowered the penalty to make it "affordable".
That's who it will really hit. Most have insurance but just high premiums. They will keep their insurance because the government will now subsidize them for a substantial portion of it.
That's not neccessarily true. Those who would face a penalty are those with the ability to obtain insurance but refuse to get it. I've read that the penalty would be between $600-$2000 per year depending on financial circumstances. Those figures are both less than the cost of health insurance. And, those penalized (free riders) will still be able to walk into an ER and receive service. Again, this is 2% of the population.

I guess you're good with people not contributing their fair share. Listen to Mitt explain it very well.

Mitt Romney on His Conservative Health Care Plan - YouTube

Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Err ... the ACA was passed by the House and the Senate..... What part of that do you not understand? Oh, FOX, now I see why there is some confusion.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
How is something a tax if only 2% percent of the population will be effected by it? And, they don't have to be effected by it, it's their choice. As I continue to state, if I choose to park in a handicap sopt and get a ticket, that's a penalty not a tax.
As this passed this is everyone paying for that parking spot and paying whether you want to park there or not and if you decide not to pay for parking there you will be taxed.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
That's not neccessarily true. Those who would face a penalty are those with the ability to obtain insurance but refuse to get it. I've read that the penalty would be between $600-$2000 per year depending on financial circumstances. Those figures are both less than the cost of health insurance. And, those penalized (free riders) will still be able to walk into an ER and receive service. Again, this is 2% of the population.

I guess you're good with people not contributing their fair share. Listen to Mitt explain it very well.

Mitt Romney on His Conservative Health Care Plan - YouTube
30 million more people will be in the doctors offices..the line will be out the door.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:52 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40
"Typical lying and back paddling from Obama! And people still believe in him.

It IS a tax. Period. If it is not, then it is unconstitutional according to the recent decision. Obamas lawyer made a case for it to be a tax and that is why it was upheld. Now the liar in chief wants to put words in the mouths of the justices to serve his own purposes and keep the truth from the American people once again. Unbelievable!"

Allowable only because it is a tax but the substance of it is utterly unconstitutional.
The defenders of it still stand up for it though fully knowing that Constitutionally speaking it stinks to high heaven.

That boils down to doing what you want to in spite of it know being the right thing.

In other words- No Rule of Law is the call for the day!

Why even administer an Oath of Office swearing to uphold and defend the Constitution if ideas being blown about as if by the wind has become the norm for the path of our Country?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:52 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Now this is just too funny!

The White house tells the court it's not a PENALTY, so the Commerce clause doesn't apply. Well, the ONLY way that can be true, is if it's a tax, so the Supreme court lets stand Obamacare under the guise that the penalty is actually a TAX.

White House claims ObamaCare fine a 'penalty,' despite court calling it a 'tax' | Fox News

it is a tax, not a penalty. obama just did not like getting caught in a lie on national tv and cant believe that he got caught with his pants down around his ankles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies