Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 10:01 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I can see the line for gum,, just like the free cheese.
This is yet another case of wealth redistribution and once again it is middle class americans who will foot the bill.
$2600 penalty for not buying your own insurance? Well why would I buy insurance for $6000.00 a year when I can get away with 2600?
It all makes perfect sense. Make the responsible citizens pay for the lazy and short sighted ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are wrong, the people who are struggling and have no insurance are generally the poorer working people. The ones who can afford to pay and have insurance it will not affect them unless their premiums go sky high in the future which in all probablility it will.. some had insurance but had to drop it for financial reasons and some never had insurance . They will be taxed for not paying.

We know that health insurance is expensive and many pay out of pocket if they have to go to the doctor. This is no longer an option for many. It will have a negative impact on many who have to pay the hefty fine or get insurance as the rates will definitely go up and the tax for not getting coverage will go into the thousands.

Some college kids are strapped with college loan debt and housing , car payment, yet they look like they can afford insurance.. some are eating ramen noodles to make it work. There are all kinds of scenarios out there and it will be an extra burden on many.

all this extra money going into healthcare, and it will gobble up millions if not billions , and will rob other areas of the economy. The movie houses , the extras that once were will be gone for many. The economy will be diminished as health care takes over our dollars.

1st. college kids? I dont give a damn about them. they took on the education of getting a degree. if they did not figure in having to pay back the loan, then maybe they should have gone and did a trade instead of getting a worthless degree.

I do know people right now that go to the doctors office and pay cash for services, they also pay less than what it costs an insurace company as the doctors office does not have to deal with the insurance office.

I do not mind lowering the cost of health care, but I sure as hell dont want the goverment involved in nanny care.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 06-30-2012 at 10:37 AM..

Old 06-30-2012, 10:35 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
I have read the bill, thoroughly.

Since he made the claim, I am interested in the specific rules he is speaking of.
1. I sincerely doubt, you have read the whole bill thoroughly. Our own congress hasn't read it thoroughly. They had it broken down into sections and gave it to different people to analyze each section.

2. Things that contribute to larger premiums.
a. Requirement to cover children to age 26.
b. Required to insure and cover all pre-existing conditions. (kinda like asking your car company for
insurance, and then pay for your damage that was done last week.
c. Requirements that insurers charge similar rates to the young and the old
d. The requirement that all insurance plans cover “certain essential benefits;”
e. The mandate that all plans meet a “minimum actuarial value” of 60 percent.
f. A provision requiring that this September, student health plans must provide benefits covering at least $500,000 of expenses, and that by 2014 they have no annual benefit limit.

3. I have listed ONLY 6 items, that are very specific, and I did not even have to look hard.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
[sarcasm] (Caution, don't read while drinking soda, or anything you don't want coming our of your nose while laughing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
1st. college kids? I dont give a damn about them. they took on the education of getting a degree. if they did not figure in having to pay back the loan, then maybe they should have gone and did a trade instead of getting a worthless degree.
WHAT!!! My degree in Underwater Basket Weaving with a Minor in Liberal Arts is worthless? A degree should guarantee me a top of the line million dollar a year job, with my personal limo and driver, apartment, swimming pool, and jet for weekly trips to Bermuda!
Quote:
I do know people right now that go to the doctors office and pay cash for services, they also pay less than what it costs an insurace company as the doctors office does not have to deal with the insurance office.
CASH? You mean PAY for something that should be given to me for free. I have a degree in basket weaving! I have a RIGHT to free medical care!
Quote:
I do not mind lowering the cost of health care, but I sure as hell dont want the goverment involved.
The government is my security blanket, they insure that I get everything for free, that you won't give me!

[/sarcasm]

Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
How is something a tax if only 2% percent of the population will be effected by it? And, they don't have to be effected by it, it's their choice. As I continue to state, if I choose to park in a handicap sopt and get a ticket, that's a penalty not a tax.
Yeah. And as soon as someone gets 'penalized' and dunned by the IRS, they'll take it to court. And the court has said, "It's a tax" or it's not constitutional. That should shut down several government agencies which penalize citizens for violating rules.

The passage of ObamaCrap has given new meaning to government overreach. Making history may soon become fun.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM

167 posts, read 310,984 times
The only people who are going to be taxed are people who refuse to buy insurance and don't. Poor people and even lower middle class people will be added to medicaid so that poor college student who is over the age of 26 ( up to 26 covered by parents plan) will have medicaid. Those making more will be able to buy insurance at subsidized prices. Most people will still have insurance through their employer . So it is either people who are making a point to oppose the health care act or those who don't want to spend any of their money and be responsible for their own health care or those who can afford insurance and think they will be able to use the ER and have the taxpayers pick up the bill.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post
The only people who are going to be taxed are people who refuse to buy insurance and don't. Poor people and even lower middle class people will be added to medicaid so that poor college student who is over the age of 26 ( up to 26 covered by parents plan) will have medicaid. Those making more will be able to buy insurance at subsidized prices. Most people will still have insurance through their employer . So it is either people who are making a point to oppose the health care act or those who don't want to spend any of their money and be responsible for their own health care or those who can afford insurance and think they will be able to use the ER and have the taxpayers pick up the bill.
Most of your ER costs for uninsured are from illegals. That will not change.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:07 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Doesn't matter what Obama says. The Supreme Court interprets the law. They have the final word - regardless of how much the right-wingers whine about it.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
While I was admiring the emperor's new clothes, he told me "it's not a tax."

Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Doctors saying "Screw it!" will make lines longer.

It's sad that many that this sought to cover don't have insurance by choice, young people mostly because they are invincible in their minds.

I was watching some show last night, where they were interviewing Doctors, on this new health care bill.

The ones being interviewed, stated, that they are going to open up their own private practices. I did not pay attention to the reasoning, but they said for sure, a lot of Doctors, will be opening up private practices.

Two of them, said they do not see this health care plan, going as smoothly as some think it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies