Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 05:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Obama often talks about his children. Today he said when he gets home, he's going to hug his daughters a little tighter, as will many parents, after hearing of the horrible mass shooting in Aurora. He had traveled all the way to Fort Myers FL but decided not to hold a political rally and hoped that those who went out of their way to be there understood. Does he know the race of the young people who were killed? Of course not.

If I said "Trayvon could have been my son" it doesn't mean it's because he was Black. He could have been anyone's child. He was tall and lanky, just like the President was when he was 17. So he said, "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." It's only the racists and those who incite violence and hate (like Rush Limbaugh) who are making more about this comment than what it really meant.

I do not support Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, but I understand why there were protests, although I don't know if this is a race-related shooting. It was the way it was handled (or wasn't handled) that prompted the public outcry for justice. However, it seems as if the people who keep calling the Blacks "racists" are the ones who mention the race subject the most and won't quit. I haven't heard a single word from Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson about this case since Zimmerman was arrested back in April, yet these posters keep bringing up events that occurred back in March.
Another really good post, nancy. system won't let me rep you again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 05:50 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
The police chief of Sanford Fl. I doubt seriously is of the character of democrat politicians and law men of the south forty and fifty years ago. Some of us have come a long way. That is why he reviewed the facts and did not arrest Z.
It was only when Sharptongue, Revrund Jackson, the black version of the Kkk, the kooky kitty kats, the political vote w.ores in the democrat political establishment got involved did Z get arrested.

Some of you have expressed disdain for a man that based on a history of robberies believed to be perpetuated by a neighborhood exporting it's crime to another neighborhood simply has no right to follow a young black man, or an old white woman, or what appears to be a rabid dog down the sidewalk. Some of you want to outright dismiss that T had the same cell phone as Z to call the cops. ( One did and one didn't). The fact is I have a right to follow you on any public street in the country without being attacked.

Some of you want to denigrate Zimmerman for misdemeanors. Zimmerman was not found to have drugs in his blood. Zimmerman had not just been dismissed from work for behavioral problems. Zimmerman did not close ground and attack. Zimmerman did not knock T to the ground pound his head into the cement. Zimmerman did not declare "you're going to die tonight Mfr".

A few of these things are known to be fact and a few are statements by Z. Some people only believe what fits into their narrative. Did you ever wonder why Martins mother recanted her original statement about Z?

You know to the best of my knowledge Z hasn't called in LaRaza oor whatever they call themselves and made a black on Hispanic issue about being arrested for self defense. I think the Traevangelists should step back and ask themselves how they would react given Zs circumstances. Given that he believed it was no longer my gun it was the gun. Just a few seconds to decide. Let me forward say fubar to the anticipated what ifs whs ad infinitum. When Martin closed there was no turning back. I will restate my personal previous position for which nothing else opinionated matters. The first person that closed on the other that invaded the others body space wrote the final episode.

Many here want to call those that favor Zs release a racist for believing in his absolute right to be vigilant in his neighborhood wherein there is historical precedent for young black thugs invading the neighborhood and stealing. Call that profiling if you like but I say it is like Arabs on a plane. Makes me want to frisk them before I fly with them.

Go ahead and make your race base case and we will see who placed the best judgment call regards this situation. I think there are many lessons here but one of them is not nor should it be a depreciation of my ability to surveillance you if you are a stranger in my neighborhood. Personally I would not have done it as Z did but then I have not been affected by it personally in which case maybe I would.

If you don't want these kinds of problems and you think your children should be free to walk on any street I agree. I would not encourage my child to do what T did. I would not have waited till am to find out what happened to him. Ever wonder why he was given so much responsibility as an MSNBC cherub?
D

Old 07-20-2012, 05:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Man is designated to monitor neighborhood finds young man peering through windows on rainy night,(young man later found with stolen jewelry, something all skittle cherubs are subject to have. Young man with pot coursing through veins attacks neighborhood watch and brutalizes explaining he is going to die. Innocent Everyman jailed in national race play circus.
Talk about your the flight of fantasy...

Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Talk about your the flight of fantasy...
Not one bit as imaginative as what I have read posted here about Z and of equal if not greater probability.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why do some of you allow yourselves to have turned this into a race issue? Why allow yourself to follow in the footsteps of people like Spike Lee, the New Black Panthers, and Al Sharpton?

Let the case go to trial. I hope, you that think Zimmerman should fry, believe there is so key evidence being held back by the Prosecution. Because, despite how not so smart this guy may be, there isnt any evidence that we've seen so far, that would support a murder conviction. You will really need to have a jury that does not care about their duty to convict on any evidence released thus far.
I keep reading this "fry" crapola. When was anyone in Florida ever executed on a 2nd degree murder conviction?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnancy View Post
i keep reading this "fry" crapola. When was anyone in florida ever executed on a 2nd degree murder conviction?
lol

Old 07-20-2012, 07:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why do some of you allow yourselves to have turned this into a race issue? Why allow yourself to follow in the footsteps of people like Spike Lee, the New Black Panthers, and Al Sharpton?

Let the case go to trial. I hope, you that think Zimmerman should fry, believe there is so key evidence being held back by the Prosecution. Because, despite how not so smart this guy may be, there isnt any evidence that we've seen so far, that would support a murder conviction. You will really need to have a jury that does not care about their duty to convict on any evidence released thus far.
They get their 'evidence' on the internet. Didn't you know that everything you see on the internet is true?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
The police chief of Sanford Fl. I doubt seriously is of the character of democrat politicians and law men of the south forty and fifty years ago. Some of us have come a long way. That is why he reviewed the facts and did not arrest Z.
It was only when Sharptongue, Revrund Jackson, the black version of the Kkk, the kooky kitty kats, the political vote w.ores in the democrat political establishment got involved did Z get arrested.

Some of you have expressed disdain for a man that based on a history of robberies believed to be perpetuated by a neighborhood exporting it's crime to another neighborhood simply has no right to follow a young black man, or an old white woman, or what appears to be a rabid dog down the sidewalk. Some of you want to outright dismiss that T had the same cell phone as Z to call the cops. ( One did and one didn't). The fact is I have a right to follow you on any public street in the country without being attacked.

Some of you want to denigrate Zimmerman for misdemeanors. Zimmerman was not found to have drugs in his blood. Zimmerman had not just been dismissed from work for behavioral problems. Zimmerman did not close ground and attack. Zimmerman did not knock T to the ground pound his head into the cement. Zimmerman did not declare "you're going to die tonight Mfr".

A few of these things are known to be fact and a few are statements by Z. Some people only believe what fits into their narrative. Did you ever wonder why Martins mother recanted her original statement about Z?

You know to the best of my knowledge Z hasn't called in LaRaza oor whatever they call themselves and made a black on Hispanic issue about being arrested for self defense. I think the Traevangelists should step back and ask themselves how they would react given Zs circumstances. Given that he believed it was no longer my gun it was the gun. Just a few seconds to decide. Let me forward say fubar to the anticipated what ifs whs ad infinitum. When Martin closed there was no turning back. I will restate my personal previous position for which nothing else opinionated matters. The first person that closed on the other that invaded the others body space wrote the final episode.

Many here want to call those that favor Zs release a racist for believing in his absolute right to be vigilant in his neighborhood wherein there is historical precedent for young black thugs invading the neighborhood and stealing. Call that profiling if you like but I say it is like Arabs on a plane. Makes me want to frisk them before I fly with them.

Go ahead and make your race base case and we will see who placed the best judgment call regards this situation. I think there are many lessons here but one of them is not nor should it be a depreciation of my ability to surveillance you if you are a stranger in my neighborhood. Personally I would not have done it as Z did but then I have not been affected by it personally in which case maybe I would.

If you don't want these kinds of problems and you think your children should be free to walk on any street I agree. I would not encourage my child to do what T did. I would not have waited till am to find out what happened to him. Ever wonder why he was given so much responsibility as an MSNBC cherub?
D
Then why did the police chief in Sanford lose his job over his decision and this case?

Why did a REPUBLICAN Governor appoint a REPUBLICAN State Attorney to investigate this case, and then the REPUBLICAN State Attorney filed charges. I don't see any "democrats" in that scenario. Since when does Governor Rick Scott bow to the wishes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? In fact, Rick Scott confronts and challenges the President and his Administration all the time, which is a significantly higher level of politics than the private citizens Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. So you think REPUBLICAN Governor Rick Scott conceded to powerless democrats like Sharpton and Jackson. LOL

Zimmerman admitted to taking prescription drugs for ADHD and was taking those drugs the night of this crime, so drugs were "coursing through" his veins that night. Zimmerman repeatedly had problems at his workplaces because of behavioral problems. Why are the Zimmermanistas making up lies about him to make him appear to be "everyman". and above question in this incident?

You're right, "some people believe only what fits into their narrative" such as people who create fantasy facts about Zimmerman and this case and post them as facts in their "narrative."

Quote from your post: "I will restate my personal previous position for which nothing else opinionated matters."
All I can say to that is, huh????? What does that mean? When it comes to the self defense LAW, your opinion has no effect.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 07-20-2012 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 07:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"discussing the details of the case...O'Mara needs to get paid."

Talking case details on TV prior to trial is just beyond stupid or enormously arrogant and stupid.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I was talking to a very good friend and homicide detective about making statements to the police, and I told him that if I was ever in a situation where it was a case of dead to right self-defense that I would say anything till he or a couple of other detectives that I knew came to the scene, he said, and I quote,
"If you shoot a man while he is raping your daughter. Even if I show up, you tell me that you were in fear of your daughter's life and then you shut the f**k up and call your lawyer."
Zimmerman needs a friend like mine or a new lawyer.

(On O'Mara's behalf, Zimmerman just might not be listening to what O'Mara is telling him. There is a story that one of the reasons that Zimmerman's first attorney's quit is because of his refusal to listen to their advice which included.... calling the state's attorney! Yikes!!!)
I have been wondering if O'Mara is going to dump him also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies