Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 10:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Perhaps instead of getting obsessed over the number, consider the other article I sent you from the Faux News site (Oh wait, that was CNNMoney...my bad). Do you honestly think these doctors will leave the industry because they "want" to?
I take it that you don't know what this thread is about. Its in the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I take it that you don't know what this thread is about. Its in the title.
I take it that you're adopting a myopic approach of merely debating on the survey, rather than other possible causes of physicians leaving the practice.

I apologize for using a cite from a source you cannot refute with sub-100 IQ comebacks (Faux News, Glenn Bunk, etc).

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
I take it that you're adopting a myopic approach of merely debating on the survey, rather than other possible causes of physicians leaving the practice.
No, but I have not seen you argue against it.

Quote:
I apologize for using a cite from a source you cannot refute with sub-100 IQ comebacks (Faux News, Glenn Bunk, etc).
What would you like me to refute, that can't be with merely sub-100 IQ? Quote here. And does it continue on the so-called myopic approach this thread was created with?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, but I have not seen you argue against it.
The methodology is flawed, granted. But, I figured that would open up other avenues of discussion rather than closing one's mind like a liberal typically does (i.e. climate change studies).

Quote:
What would you like me to refute, that can't be with merely sub-100 IQ? Quote here. And does it continue on the so-called myopic approach this thread was created with?
How does the passage of Obamacare ensure the health of small doctor's practices? Particularly, how does not allowing people to buy catastrophic only insurance to satisfy the mandate and paying out of pocket for their no-insurance-allowed doctor help the little guy?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
They surveyed tea partiers, which also included patients. Wow, talk about junk polls.
They might as well surveyed the Klan... Oh I forgot many Teabaggers are in the Klan...

Old 07-13-2012, 06:18 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
They might as well surveyed the Klan... Oh I forgot many Teabaggers are in the Klan...

Sophomoric name-calling does nothing to further your arguments or beliefs. Worse, it makes the one doing the name-calling unworthy of being taken seriously.

Here is one of many physicians that reports the dangers of BOcare.

Neurosurgeon calls Mark Levin about Obamacare - YouTube

About the Tea Party.....of course you have no proof of Klan membership since we aren't anything of the kind, but poor Democrats....we DO have video proof of them being the racists right at the top of their party, IN our White House.

Head of our used-to-be-Justice Dept. slipping up and revealing how he makes decisions in his job upon a basis of Race.

Eric Holder 'My People" - YouTube

Now, one of the many peculiar, UnAmerican CZARS revealing himself in how he, too conducts the business of OUR nation based on Racist decisions...saying "whites have to step down..." to further their agenda of redistributing wealth to more minorities.

Mark Lloyd says Whites Step Down - YouTube

Thinking this can't get even worse, oh yes it can, and is about to! BO's stimulus money was doled-out in a RACIST manner....do they forget cams are recording them?? Shocking....they are racists and they are the people BO surrounded himself with. He told us when running for office that we could find out what he stood for by watching to see who he would surround himself with!

Lou Dobbs on Robert Riech "No White Construction Workers" - YouTube

Old 07-13-2012, 06:21 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ey-finding-83/

The Simpsons - I Said Ha Ha - YouTube

Old 07-13-2012, 07:34 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,040,318 times
Quote:
How does the passage of Obamacare ensure the health of small doctor's practices?
So that is what this is all about, the health of small doctors practices? Boy did I get that all wrong. I thought it was about getting people health care, even the ones who cannot afford it. Man, I was way off.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This is a Tea Party group, no surprises. I still don't believe them.

Duplicate thread anyways.

I really don't think a large number of physicians will leave medicine over Obamacare. I have not heard any of the members of our group (140 docs and growing) say they would leave over Obamacare.

However, essentially EVERYONE in our group says they will not accept Obamacare patients. We are pretty busy and do not need to take low reimbursing patients. What will happen? County hospitals and emergency rooms will be overwhelmed.

Obamacare is not a big deal to us as physicians, as we can choose to accept whatever insurance (or for that matter patients) who we want to see.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
So that is what this is all about, the health of small doctors practices? Boy did I get that all wrong. I thought it was about getting people health care, even the ones who cannot afford it. Man, I was way off.

Yes, providing healthcare is what it is all about.

However, we have these little things called "overhead" that we have to pay in order to "break even" when seeing patients. When one pays the overhead (I personally am up to $800K per year, JUST FOR ME), one cannot take many patients which you will lose money on. Otherwise, your practice will go bankrupt quickly.

Who can take those patients? Those entities which have-

a. state funding
b. county funding
c. federal funding
d. physicians on salary, such that they have "zero" overhead themselves and the institution bears the cost

Would you-

a. work for free
b. be happy if someone sued you to whom you provided free service (medicaid patients tend to be litiginous).
c. bankrupt your career to satisfy the whims of someone else
d. put in 13 years of education with no salary after high school and work for free or at wages which cannot allow payment of educational debt?

It is easy to impose hardship and costs on someone else, as long as it is not you. That is what liberalism is all about- cost free absolution of guilt. In effect, liberals want others to suffer and pay for things THEY WANT, but are completely unwilling to do the same things themselves. That is what we call a "hypocrite".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies