Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 12:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
apparently holmes' shrink used to prescribe psych drugs like they were candy. including to herself..
I'm thinking this woman is most likely VERY concerned about the info contained in the pkg Holmes mailed to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 12:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm thinking this woman is most likely VERY concerned about the info contained in the pkg Holmes mailed to her.
i would think so. i'm sure she's been grilled by the police many times over by now concerning its contents.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:15 PM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think one of the craziest things about the trade center bombing was who was held responsible:

The victims of the 1993 World Trade Center bombings sued the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for damages. A decision was handed down in 2006, assigning liability for the bombings to the Port Authority. The decision declared that the agency was 68 percent responsible for the bombing, and the terrorists bore only 32 percent of the responsibility. In January 2008, the Port Authority asked a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan to throw out the decision, describing the jury's verdict as "bizarre".[37] On April 29, 2008, a New York State Appeals Court unanimously upheld the jury's verdict. Under New York law once a defendant is more than 50 percent at fault, he/she/it can be held fully financially liable.

this whole terrorism war is insane, and getting crazier all the time.

and what about the case in NYC with the detective holding somebody for ransom, and probably going to be allowed to resign and get a full pension on the backs of new yorkers?

NYPD detective suspended after cops find man tied up and being held for ransom in officer

it is getting very difficult to differentiate between the good guys and the bad guys anymore.

we are arming radical insurgents in the mideast, and our own government is supplying weapons to mexican drug cartels. (while telling our guys to run and hide )

or what goldman sachs did with gaddafi and his "investment", our congressmen pushing to arm gaddafi, or the missing libyan money now?

who can explain any of that in a rational world?
Yes indeedy, that about sizes it up. We have a gang of criminals who have attained positions of authority in many areas of government, business and finance, and because they've been able to get away with so much already, they've become drunk with power and their hubris is showing in wholesale corruption for which they feel no need to even mask with the illusion of integrity.

They see exactly what we see, half or more of the public is still sucking their thumbs, many are applauding this destruction of our nation and our society. It's like mass mental illness creating a huge asylum, where crazy is the new normal, and cold blooded killers are in charge of operations.

It's quite disturbing.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm a firm believer in the death penalty in cases such as this. The quicker, the better.

That being said, Holmes was just formally charged with 24 counts of First Degree Murder and 116 counts of attempted Murder.

Chances are, his defense team will ask for a change of venue. Wherever it's tried, I hope they fry him.
My Way News - Colo. suspect charged with 24 counts of murder

Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
where did you read this about 'various prescription drugs given by several different doctors'?

it's possible, but i have yet to see that anywhere.
James Holmes, Colorado Shooting Suspect, Saw Psychiatrist Who Specializes In Schizophrenia: What Is It?

Quote:
The psychiatrist who James Eagan Holmes' lawyers say was treating the Colorado theater shooting suspect was reprimanded in February 2005 by a state medical board, a Denver television station reported on its website. According to documents that thedenverchannel.com said it had obtained, Dr. Lynne Fenton was reprimanded for prescribing medication, including Vicodin, Xanax, Lorazepam and Ambien, to herself, her husband and an employee.
Report: Doctor treating Aurora shooting suspect had medical reprimand - U.S. News

Quote:
Court records confirmed Friday that James Eagan Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist before he allegedly opened fire in a Colorado movie theater last week, killing 12 people and wounding dozens of others.

Colorado theater shooting suspect was seeing psychiatrist, lawyers confirm - U.S. News

Looks like it was one doctor, a very unethical one.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

She might be worried, but it's probably worry over who she is dealing with, rather than what. She's another one of those clues, and a prime suspect for being involved in facilitating this event. And the "package" itself is a clue.

Ask yourself a question .... what are the chances that the police are summoned regarding a strange package with no return address that "might be from the killer". They arrive and inspect the package, but it has nothing to do with the case at all. However, in investigating that false alarm, they coincidentally discover another package that actually is from Holmes that was sitting in the mail room for up to 6 days, not delivered or picked up? What are the chances of this really happening? And why would someone planning an event like this provide advanced warning of their plans?

Smelly.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Can someone tell me how you can have 24 counts of murder with 12 dead people, and 116 counts of attempted murder with 58 wounded? Are they charging him with two separate crimes per victim, a lesser charge and a stronger charge for each?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:56 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Are you guys now trying to say this guy scored 80-90 hits?

He didn't! A majority of the injuries where inflicted upon oneself and each other in the panic to get out.

A lot of the actual shooting victims that weren't critically wounded sufferedinor flesh wounds from the shot and shrapnel.

There were relatively few solid hits...most of those resulted in casualties.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
i would think so. i'm sure she's been grilled by the police many times over by now concerning its contents.
But the Aurora police are incompetent, isn't that part of the conspiracists argument? Why would it occur to them to interview this woman?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ooting-suspect

In the "complaint and information" that is now posted online, Holmes is charged with two crimes for each victim:

— For those who were killed, he's charged with intentionally causing their deaths and with "extreme indifference to the value of human life generally" in causing their deaths.

— For those who were injured, he's charged with attempted murder and with "extreme indifference to the value of human life generally" in committing that crime against them.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:07 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
none of those links - one of which i posted already - document that he was receiving 'various prescription drugs given by several different doctors'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies