Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well of course - hundreds by scores of priests over the years.

That's why I've always thought the idea of having celibate unmarried priests was a foolish idea.""""

It's stupid but there are many MARRIED pedophiles!! Sandusky is MARRIED! Fathers who rape their children are MARRIED. Pedophilia has NOTHING to do with being married!

""I think my link was closer to the truth than what the sensationalist reporters are trying to distort. Lots of priests have been incarcerated, nobody's covering that up, but the defrocking process is a closed business, separate from criminal investigations.

No legal authority has charged Benedict with anything, so get back to me when that happens.

(I was raised Catholic, but parted with the Church 40 years ago)
"""No legal authority has charged Benedict with anything, so get back to me when that happens."""

That's because he IS the Pope. That doesn't change the fact that he was in charge of an entity that supported and condoned raping children...even the Pope shouldn't be above the law....but obviously anyone THAT wealthy and powerful will never be charged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 09:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well of course - hundreds by scores of priests over the years.

That's why I've always thought the idea of having celibate unmarried priests was a foolish idea.

I think my link was closer to the truth than what the sensationalist reporters are trying to distort. Lots of priests have been incarcerated, nobody's covering that up, but the defrocking process is a closed business, separate from criminal investigations.

No legal authority has charged Benedict with anything, so get back to me when that happens.

(I was raised Catholic, but parted with the Church 40 years ago)
This is how Benedict handled a sexually abusing priest.

Quote:
The earliest case involving Pope Benedict stems from his period as Archbishop of Munich in the late 1970s.
There he chaired a meeting which approved psychotherapy for a priest who had molested children in the diocese of Essen, some 300 miles away.
After a short period of treatment in Munich Father Peter Hullermann was sent to another parish where he continued to abuse.
BBC News - Panorama - What did the Pope know about abuse in the Church?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Raping children is the lowest, scummiest, most awful thing....and the Catholic church didn't think it was a big deal.....can you imagine what other crimes they committed and covered up???

Old 07-22-2012, 09:20 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
The Roman Catholic church is a criminal enterprise.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Imagine the hell for a child who was Catholic and abused by Sandesky!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Has the Pope had charges brought up against him? I don't recall seeing any. Can you provide me with that information? Anybody can run around screaming so and so did this or that.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is how Benedict handled a sexually abusing priest.

BBC News - Panorama - What did the Pope know about abuse in the Church?
Oh, but there is more:

Top Vatican officials — including the future Pope Benedict XVI — did not defrock a priest who molested as many as 200 deaf boys, even though several American bishops repeatedly warned them that failure to act on the matter could embarrass the church, according to church files newly unearthed as part of a lawsuit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/wo...ican.html?_r=1

His organisation sent a confidential letter to every Catholic bishop stating that the church had the right to hold investigations in secret, including those into abuse "perpetrated with a minor by a cleric", and keep the results secret for 10 years after the victim turns 18.

Irish child abuse scandal: Pope Benedict XVI ensuring that justice is seen to be done - Telegraph

He was in charge of a Vatican office that was warned about a paedophile priest but failed to act, it has been alleged in court papers.
Lawyers claim letters between the Vatican office run by then plain Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and the Archdiocese of Milwaukee show the church was more concerned about bad publicity than abuse allegations.
Fr Lawrence Murphy, who died in 1998, was accused of abusing 200 deaf boys in the early 1970s.

Read more: Pope Benedict linked to further church child abuse scandal in 1990s | Metro.co.uk

Pope Benedict condemns 'petty gossip' over child sexual abuse scandal | World news | guardian.co.uk

Pope Benedict Blames Society Not The Church For Child Sex Scandal

Old 07-22-2012, 09:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Has the Pope had charges brought up against him? I don't recall seeing any. Can you provide me with that information? Anybody can run around screaming so and so did this or that.
How does one go about charging the Vatican's head of state?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Protection of child abusers, as well as covering up, is no longer tolerated. Why is this man still around?

Pope Caught Orchestrating Church Pedophile Cover Up - BSAlert.com
Okay, the Vatican can't go to any bowl games for the next five years...

Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Protection of child abusers, as well as covering up, is no longer tolerated. Why is this man still around?

Pope Caught Orchestrating Church Pedophile Cover Up - BSAlert.com
Couldn't be more right, the difference is there are way too many nutball Catholics who want to protect the Pope because of tradition, not to say that describes all Catholics. He's literally too big to take out. Who could really arrest him, he's the leader of a sovereign nation. It would be such a massive undertaking and way too much of a political hot potato for the leader of a nation to go in and arrest him or do something to him. An Italian president could probably do it but he'd be assured of his party losing the next election. It's a messed up situation where he's helping creepy pedo priests hump young boys but each country can only stop it on the local level. The Catholic church is just as bad as those really unethical transnational corporations that essentially have no limits to what evil they can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies