Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I belittle idiots for being idiots, but not for their money, their homes, their clothes, etc. I wouldn't expect that to be evident to you, though.

As far as language, I'm as conservative as they come. F*** is also my favorite word. Words are merely a way to make a point more clear. I hate having to repeat myself to those who either can't comprehend or were publicly educated and haven't the education to string 3 words together. Using harsh words gets the point across, even to stupid people.
I hope you don't spend much time around kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I belittle idiots for being idiots, but not for their money, their homes, their clothes, etc.

Well then, we finally agree on something!

As for money, homes, clothes, I have no idea how much money palins have; don't know what kind of houses they live in; nor what kind of clothes they wear. I guess you do know these things (kind of like a groupie), if you think people are 'belittling' palins out of jealousy or something. Really, find someone worthy of idolotry, eh?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
The term is an insult towards males- gay males- This little kid directed it towards his aunt- who I assume is a female- and not a gay male. So the little kid was not gay bashing- in fact he does not even know what gay is..This is like some kid dropping the F bomb...some parents chuckle and others explain to the kid that it is a nasty word and that it's use makes things unpleasant.

Whether you are supportive of the gay community or not is not at issue here..What is at issue is the use of unsavory terms by children..No I am not the right wing defense - I am the common sense defense.

If you want to make a valid issue out of this report..perhaps a little reality to start with might be helpful- The kid was not standing on a street corner screaming slurs at passing gays...He called aunt the name..at best all we have here is a child with a case of potty mouth...are we to persecute this family through an infant that does not even understand pop culture or the language...I see no issue here--- case dismissed.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The term is an insult towards males- gay males- This little kid directed it towards his aunt- who I assume is a female- and not a gay male. So the little kid was not gay bashing- in fact he does not even know what gay is..This is like some kid dropping the F bomb...some parents chuckle and others explain to the kid that it is a nasty word and that it's use makes things unpleasant.

Whether you are supportive of the gay community or not is not at issue here..What is at issue is the use of unsavory terms by children..No I am not the right wing defense - I am the common sense defense.

If you want to make a valid issue out of this report..perhaps a little reality to start with might be helpful- The kid was not standing on a street corner screaming slurs at passing gays...He called aunt the name..at best all we have here is a child with a case of potty mouth...are we to persecute this family through an infant that does not even understand pop culture or the language...I see no issue here--- case dismissed.
You totally missed the point. WHO in that household is using the word and whom is it directed at??? It is learned behavior just as the bigotry behind it when used buy an adult will be learned behavior. Bristol Palin's son will hold the same feelings about gays that his mother and grandmother do...that is the point!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Bristol Palin's son will hold the same feelings about gays that his mother and grandmother do...that is the point!
They should. They are teaching him good moral values as elders should.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
I bet "redneck" and "trailer trash" are common words in Liberal households that their kids hear on a regular basis.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Because Jesus called gays *******, right?
I think it's in the bible!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
...or he could turn out to be gay himself and wind up teaching his a$$ backwards family what tolerance and understanding is all about.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:04 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I bet "redneck" and "trailer trash" are common words in Liberal households that their kids hear on a regular basis.
No bet. I'll keep my money!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:07 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I bet most liberals don't even give much thought to rednecks, except when they read/hear their comments on the internet or talk radio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies