Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:41 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I think his desire to limit AK-47s is going to get twisted. .

Back with Clinton they always kept to the "only 19 specific types" will be banned. After the ban was passed come to find many many more than that were included plus certain shotguns plus magazines larger than 10 rds. They twisted and knew to not expose the entire scope of their bill so they could get approval easier.

So this is the standard method of operation of the anti's, find a few buzz words and repeat them over and over while carefully choosing pieces of their legislation to promote to the public and guard the dirty details in their legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM

667 posts, read 516,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Back with Clinton they always kept to the "only 19 specific types" will be banned. After the ban was passed come to find many many more than that were included plus certain shotguns plus magazines larger than 10 rds. They twisted and knew to not expose the entire scope of their bill so they could get approval easier.

So this is the standard method of operation of the anti's, find a few buzz words and repeat them over and over while carefully choosing pieces of their legislation to promote to the public.
This sounds like ObamaCare.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
There is no purpose why a law abiding citizen should want an AK-47 or similar semi-automatic weapon unless they plan to commit mass murder or some acts of terrorism.

A regular gun should serve just right for protection as it will do the job just the same. Where will this stop? What's next, miniature nuclear bombs for everyone to make the NRA happy?
I own 2 of them and until recently 3.. is that a problem? I can hunt with them as well as i can hunt with my Winchester 30-30 which is very similar ballisticly. I sold the 3rd one in a private sale and that guys didn't have to pass any back ground check at all.

He was dark skinned for a white man and need a shower and shave bad... if you see him look out!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

So this is the standard method of operation of the anti's, find a few buzz words and repeat them over and over while carefully choosing pieces of their legislation to promote to the public and guard the dirty details in their legislation.
Biden created Clintons ban, which didn't stop importing AK's and other guns, but it did change 10 parts of these guns and made a mess of understanding what was legal from what was not. The best thing about that ban was it had a sunset date built in thankfully.

They won't make that same mistake again I fear.

I Think..... I said i think, what the deal with obama is, will be he sells us out to the UN, and by pass the senate and congress with Hillary at the helm going thru the state dept. A hunch i have and I can't prove it, but we will see..

In this way he can not tell a lie, and can say he has done nothing, which i would agree with, as he has done nothing now for 3 years almost 4.

But he would not exaclty be in the direct line of fire so to speak and so no one could say he caused this in such a way as to loose votes.

As i see it Obama must go and Holder with him, Hilliary too....

Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Those people will never be satisfied until all we have are sticks and stones to defend ourselves with.
Ha. Oh yeah, that's a rational response.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Another election years feel good proposal that accomplish nothing on the problem really. Some will feel saver sayig see we passed a law that will be as ignored as illegal drug and its solve. Next problem?

Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
If he does propose a ban, he would be a fool to try to run it through as another executive order. If he does, he can kiss the election good-bye. If he runs it through the house and senate, it will fail. Any senator or congressman who votes in favor of a ban could also kiss their seat good-bye and they know it.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think it's called pandering to the base....
Pandering is the essence of representative government.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,250 times
AK-47s and semi-automatic guns should be banned, and there should be no loopholes for avoiding registering for purchasing a gun.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:23 PM

240 posts, read 537,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
AK-47s and semi-automatic guns should be banned, and there should be no loopholes for avoiding registering for purchasing a gun.
So don't buy one, no one forces anyone to buy one.

Mercedes Benz cars should be banned, because I don't like them. All expensive, over-priced cars should be banned as a 2000 Chevy Malibu does the same thing the Mercedes does, and both have been used to kill innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies