Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He is also a Muslim to the Muslims. By their own definitions he is clearly a Muslim. Ask the imams what religion he would be.
Like anyone cares (or considers) a random Imam to be an authority on religious matters. Most imams have the same amount of authority over Muslims as Pastor Terry Jones has over other Christians. Majority of Muslims don't really care too much about imams and their fatahs and hardly follow them as far as I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 07:37 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Default You cannot leave the Catholic Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You could be a Buddhist -- if you were a Christian and renounced Christianity and converted to Buddhism, depends on the rules set by Buddhists.

JFK for example was a baptized Catholic. He wasn't a good Catholic but officially that's what he was, a member of the Catholic Church, he never renounced his faith and he was never excommunicated, so like it or not, he was a Catholic. There are rules set by each religion to determine who is and who isn't.

You aren't a Muslim iman and so you can't rewrite their rules for how they determine who is a Muslim. Under Muslim rules, a child of a Muslim is a Muslim. It's a lot like citizenship of a country. I can't just say I'm a citizen of Spain. It's up to the rules of that country if I am or I am not.

In Christianity one must be baptized and there is no evidence Obama ever was. When he was sent to that Catholic school, his religion was listed as Islam -- so at what point did he ever quit being a Muslim?
There used to be an official form for renouncing, but they did away with that a few years. Too many people, and lose of money, leaving? Excommunication just means you cannot receive the sacrements. You are still a Catholic and can be "forgiven" for your sin. Even if you join another church, if you were bapitzed as a baby with no choice, they still consider you a "heretic", but Catholic. You can always REPENT. lol
Personally, I don't care that a President is any, or no, religion. I would prefer an Athiest anyway. Eliminates a lot of problems.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly. His religion matters because?????????
Seems to be important to righties for some reason..
I've personally never seen any evidence to support the allegation that he's a Muslim.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:24 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
James Buchanan sent thousands of Federal Troops to Utah in order to eliminate the Mormon problem. The religion has a history of anti mormon sentiments, but since it was founded by a convicted fraud it shouldn't be surprising. Add to that the fact the Mormons slaughtered 120 innocent people.

It is a cult with dubious origins and some pretty whacked beliefs...
So the National Enquirer has a religion page now, huh?

Old 07-31-2012, 04:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Half of Americans Do Not Know the President’s Religion - ABC News

You can thank reality tv & consumerism for this.
Who cares. What is more alarming is many do not know the constitution and the principle we were founded on.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:44 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Very few Americans know what kind of "Christian" church he attended for over 20 years, have heard of Rev. Wright, and the hatred towards white people this church spewed.
A Baptist One, dont forget to write this down lol, Name one thing he said about white people name one. Everyone who use this same ole BS statement cannot back it up if their life depended on it and its sad and funny

Quote:
Much of the blame for the lack of knowledge about this goes to John McCain who refused to bring this subject up when he ran against Obama.
because he himself knew it is something pointless, but considering the republican base has a large group of senile idiots. Im pretty sure they still think the russians are coming

Quote:
Even if Obama isn't a practicing Muslim he grew up with a heavy Muslim influence.Both his father and step father were Muslim.
so

Quote:
He sprtion of his childhood in Muslim Indonisia. He said the Muslim call to prayer is the most beautiful souent a good pond he has heard and that he will stand with the Muslims no matter what.
and that means what?

Quote:
Plus the actions he has taken as President have advanced the agenda of radical Islam. In particular his support for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and beyond.
hahaha it was other american politicians who were in support of the rebels who were al qaeda

Quote:
So anyone who calls Obama a Muslim is more informed and less naive than someone who actually thinks Obama is a mainstream Christian

WTH is a mainstream christian? What sect is that? A good ole sinner!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 07:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:

People are idiots, and they only watch news that confirms their world views

From what I understand Obama is some sort of off-shoot of baptist (Christian). His dad was a muslim, but converted to Christanity but was most likely an Atheist.

I would agree, I am doubtful someone as smart as Barack puts a lot of faith in one of these silly folk tales (Christanity, etc)

Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Easy, Obamaism, worships himself.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Half of Americans are retarded.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:15 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

That half of Americans don't care what religion he is, his belief, his choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies