Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 11:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe he doesn't give a rip about what Islam requires, or allows. I know I would not. Do you? Why the heck should anyone care what islam requires if you are a christian? A Christian is not required to attend church every Sunday, as a matter of fact you don't EVER need to go to church or be baptized to be christian. Obama chose to attend church, but even if he had not attended, it would not make him any more or less Christian. Obviously you don't even know what a Christian person is. It is not a "membership". A "church" according to the bible is NOT a building where people are supposed to go. The "church" are the people no matter where they are.

Your personal claims are your personal claims and they do not make anyone any more Muslim, or any less Christian, and that's a fact.
Of course I'm not the one who makes the rules for Islam. The Imans and their Koran do that.

Islam decides who is part of Islam. Not I, not you-- if I were making the rules for that religion, I'd shut it completely down. Obama was born into Islam and as you well know, there is no leaving Islam, they forbid that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Exactly! That's like letting other countries define US citizenship.
Right. What if islam said everyone, including malamute has to renounce Islam and send them a $1000 check in order to be Christian. Should that mean everyone who has not done that is not a Christian? Of course not. They don't get to tell people what they need to do.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Exactly! That's like letting other countries define US citizenship.
That's right -- Islam defines who is a Muslim -- not you, not me, not Finn_Jarber. According to the rules of Islam, Obama is a Muslim. A Muslim cannot leave the religion.

Also the rules don't change in Islam for those who are now living in the USA, not even for those who were born here, nor for those born in Indonesia. The rules stay the same.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course I'm not the one who makes the rules for Islam. The Imans and their Koran do that.

Islam decides who is part of Islam. Not I, not you-- if I were making the rules for that religion, I'd shut it completely down. Obama was born into Islam and as you well know, there is no leaving Islam, they forbid that.
No Christian person gives a flying rats ass about what the imams say. Dont you see that??? There is NOTHING a christian person needs to do in regards to the Quran except maybe throw it in the garbage

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
That's right -- Islam defines who is a Muslim -- not you, not me, not Finn_Jarber. According to the rules of Islam, Obama is a Muslim. A Muslim cannot leave the religion.

Also the rules don't change in Islam for those who are now living in the USA, not even for those who were born here, nor for those born in Indonesia. The rules stay the same.
Who is enforcing these rules? I've actually heard the same thing about Catholicism, but that doesn't stop Catholics from leaving the church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Right. What if islam said everyone, including malamute has to renounce Islam and send them a $1000 check in order to be Christian. Should that mean everyone who has not done that is not a Christian? Of course not. They don't get to tell people what they need to do.
You really don't understand Islam. Of course Islam gets to tell it's people what they need to do.

Islam does not mean freedom, it means submission.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:34 AM

606 posts, read 355,957 times
Quote:

It doesn't matter what he was born into if he didn't consider himself Muslim in the first place. He wouldn't care about what Islam proclaims if he never subscribed to their beliefs.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:35 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,060,075 times
Quote:
Half of Americans Do Not Know The President's Religion
Why is it important, exactly? I don't give a flying crap what religion ANYONE practices, the president included.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Who is enforcing these rules? I've actually heard the same thing about Catholicism, but that doesn't stop Catholics from leaving the church.
WRONG. In fact the Catholic Church even excommunicates certain people -- heretics for example -- it does allow for apostasy, unlike Islam. Not only can you leave the Church, you can be kicked out of it. There is no excommunication in Islam because it doesn't allow for anyone to change religions.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
It doesn't matter what he was born into if he didn't consider himself Muslim in the first place. He wouldn't care about what Islam proclaims if he never subscribed to their beliefs.
Find the Islamic law that supports your statement. You cannot -- and you do not get to define Islam.

Islam does not make exceptions for those Muslims who now live in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies