Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM

812 posts, read 595,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Most women aren't upset by being called whores.

Unless, of course, they ARE whores...
What kind of women do you hang around with? I think I have a stalker here if so I have a stalk for you.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Palin clan is low class white trash, and there are millions of people who are low class white trash who consider Sarah intelligent. And compared to them, she is.

She was rightfully outed as not ready for prime time in 2008, and it made the wingnuts go crazy every time they were reminded of it. After 8 years of Bush, America was not ready for another imbecile in the White House.

That said, I care what Kathy Griffin says about the Palin's as much as I do what Rush says about the President.
Even Dick Cheney just said she was a "HUGE mistake."

Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
Well, I'm not a left-winger, and I don't know about Kathy Griffin or Willow Palin, but I think Sarah Palin looks like a man!
Well, I think your the first!!! She's been called a lot of things and this one you must be blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
Even Dick Cheney just said she was a "HUGE mistake."
Yeah, well he shouldn't be commenting to loud.........

Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Yeah, if you think HOs are funny-------------
Who said hos can't be funny? Some of them are hilarious, I imagine.

But seriously, humor is incredibly subjective - so questioning why anyone finds somebody funny is as logical as asking why they like a certain food, musical group, artwork, etc. For example, I don't find those "Blue Collar Comedy" guys funny at all, but apparently many people do. To each his/her own!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Hate to disapoint, but i am. I don't agree with you. I know teenagers, that do and say things that their parents, never could imagine ever. And would never believe what their sweet little teenagers are doing or saying, i have witnessed this.

I know parents who do not use swear words in their home at all, some where along the way, their teens, failed to get that message.

Were you in the home while she was growing up! Do you have facts, that this household used these words, you know this for a fact ha.

Parents can raise their children, to the best of their ability, and do everything right.

We are talking about teens here, they seem to have a mind of their own. Parents can only do their best, and what they think is right, teens do not have to adhere, to their parent's way and most usually do not.

I know parents who don't make fun of anyone, are sweet and loving people. Not their kids, if they only knew what they were saying and doing. Cannot hold your child's hand 24 hrs a day.
You are correct, but this particular gaff was obviously not a private incident - considering we all know about it, and (AFAIK) none of us are personal friends with the Palins. There's also a difference between using general swear words, which just about every teen does, and using an outright bigoted slur. I used plenty of words my parents didn't "teach" me, but NEVER would you have caught me using racist or homophobic slurs. Why? Because they did teach me about the power of those particular words, and raised us with the example of treating everyone as equals.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Agreed, almost four years then. But it does not change what I said.

Children and family members of presidential candidates were off limits until the hatred of Palin, by the left, boiled over.
Really?? So nobody ever made fun of Chelsea Clinton, the Bush twins, or any other political family members before the Palins? It must be nice to have such a selective memory.

Here, let me refresh your memory of when Chelsea Clinton was verbally attacked by Rush Limbaugh... and she was only 13 at the time: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-Ch...145125055.html (if you don't like this source, I had about 175,000 other hits on Google to choose from here) Upon doing the search for Rush's comment, I also discovered a "joke" made by John McCain towards Chelsea Clinton. And he actually IS a politician, so you might think he'd know better. Guess not! John McCain's crude Chelsea Clinton joke | Crooks and Liars

P.S. Please don't take my posts as excuses for Kathy Griffin's comment, because I'm not saying two wrongs make a right... I'm only arguing your point that "politician's children were off-limits until the Palins," which is clearly not true.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-30-2012 at 10:11 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
People actually pay to see comedians do this.........figure that one out. What's that say about some people........
That they find somebody funny, and want to see them perform? Since you asked the question, why not share with us what YOU think it says about people? I can't stand that passive-aggressive BS.

I guess you're one of those who believes "if I don't like it, anyone who does is crazy/stupid/etc." What kind of comedy and music do you like? I'm sure we have differing taste on many things, but unlike you I'm not going to rudely judge you for it.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Yeah, if you think HOs are funny-------------
Sometimes they are.

You ever see a woman running at top speed in 5" stilettos? Hilarious.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That they find somebody funny, and want to see them perform? Since you asked the question, why not share with us what YOU think it says about people? I can't stand that passive-aggressive BS.
I'll leave it for you to ponder..........passive-aggressive don't do it then.

Quote:
I guess you're one of those who believes "if I don't like it, anyone who does is crazy/stupid/etc." What kind of comedy and music do you like? I'm sure we have differing taste on many things, but unlike you I'm not going to rudely judge you for it.
Defiantly not people ripping on others I really don't find that entertaining at all, goes along with gossiping. Your double standard is showing.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You are correct, but this particular gaff was obviously not a private incident - considering we all know about it, and (AFAIK) none of us are personal friends with the Palins. There's also a difference between using general swear words, which just about every teen does, and using an outright bigoted slur. I used plenty of words my parents didn't "teach" me, but NEVER would you have caught me using racist or homophobic slurs. Why? Because they did teach me about the power of those particular words, and raised us with the example of treating everyone as equals.
You've got to be kidding. Do you seriously think that because 'we all know about it', it happened? Do you seriously believe everything you read on the internet?

I'm not sure what incident of which you speak, but it's been determined the word the little boy used was neither racial nor homophobic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.