Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 05:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Kathy Griffin's statement was tacky, but it is even more tacky of posters in this thread pretending to be outraged about this and defending Rush Limbaugh's statement about Chelsea Clinton or Sandra Fluke in the next sentence. How ridiculously partisan to only care when the person being called a ***** or a dog is a conservative. Just because you disagree with someone's political ideology does not make it okay to use slurs or call them names. If you truly were outraged about this, you would not condone one person doing it while claiming to be outraged at another for doing the same thing. Every thread about some idiotic/racist/sexist statement that Rush Limbaugh makes is dismissed by conseratives because he is an entertainer or by telling people that if they don't like it, don't watch, but when it is a Palin that it is the butt of the joke, we're supposed to be outraged. When we refer to Trayvon Martin as a child, the George Zimmerman defenders ignore the fact that Trayvon Martin was barely 17 and say that he was an adult. Yet when it is a Palin, she's an innocent child (who is still living by the way and has probably been called a ***** in the past) and we should be angry over this. Please, spare your faux outrage . This is total BS. If I had a dime for every time someone called someone on a reality show a *****...
Very well said.

And you are spot on with the Trayvon Martin comparison.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Kathy Griffin's statement was tacky, but it is even more tacky of posters in this thread pretending to be outraged about this and defending Rush Limbaugh's statement about Chelsea Clinton or Sandra Fluke in the next sentence. How ridiculously partisan to only care when the person being called a ***** or a dog is a conservative. Just because you disagree with someone's political ideology does not make it okay to use slurs or call them names. If you truly were outraged about this, you would not condone one person doing it while claiming to be outraged at another for doing the same thing. Every thread about some idiotic/racist/sexist statement that Rush Limbaugh makes is dismissed by conseratives because he is an entertainer or by telling people that if they don't like it, don't watch, but when it is a Palin that it is the butt of the joke, we're supposed to be outraged. When we refer to Trayvon Martin as a child, the George Zimmerman defenders ignore the fact that Trayvon Martin was barely 17 and say that he was an adult. Yet when it is a Palin, she's an innocent child (who is still living by the way and has probably been called a ***** in the past) and we should be angry over this. Please, spare your faux outrage . This is total BS. If I had a dime for every time someone called someone on a reality show a *****...
^^^^^^^^^^This. Let the church say Amem!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Birth control pills are cheaper than welfare. Which would you rather pay for?

Or do you think she ought to get knocked up out of wedlock like her mother and sister and get a reality show to suport the bastard child?
So you have a problem with an unwed mother holding a job and supporting herself and her child? That's dis-worthy? I think it's fantastic that Bristol supports herself, assuming that's who you're talking about in spite of the fact that this thread isn't remotely about Bristol.

And leave it to a liberal to call a child a bastard.

Psssssssttttttttt: It's not the sluggy welfare crowd that's getting bc pills through their insurance. I believe every person who goes on welfare should be neutered.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-30-2012 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 07:07 PM

812 posts, read 595,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh well now this makes all the difference in the world..........thanks for clearing that 1 yr difference up!!

Stop the press it's okay to be called a wh*re at 18 by an aging comedian who just needs the lefts approval.
Yes and as I recal this is one of the same people running around like chicken little screaming Trayvon,Trayvon wasvonlybseventeen. What does it matter he tried to kill a man he was only seventeen. Age or anything else only matters to a liberal when it suits their agenda ...sorta like 1940s Germany, yes they live among us!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:19 PM

812 posts, read 595,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A 12 year old is a young adult now? I graduated from Marine Corps boot camp at 17, but a lot of 18 year olds are still as mentally immature as 12year olds.

The Palin kids are a surrogate target for every social bigot and every person who hates Republicans.

Is that their lot in life now, to be the target of every hateful comic and lib as soon as they are close to 18? Letterman made cruel jokes about Willow when she was 15. I cannot imagine the verbal and public abuse the Palin kids have gone thru all because their mother had the audacity of being a VP candidate.
Yes, and if this were the Obama children thecoutragevwould be on every alphabet station with a roar. F Dennis Miller said this about thecObama children...wow! But you see conservatives have enough class not to do that and certainly not o support it or even defend it so just keep sticking your head out of your holes and rapping lefties hssssssss!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
Why are "liberals" responsible for Kathy Griffin? She's basically a redheaded Ann Coulter who just says outrageous things to stay relevant, pretty pathetic. I guess Romney going down in flames is so depressing to conservatives its time to desperately find irrelevant celebrities to tie to Democrats

Old 07-29-2012, 07:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Why are "liberals" responsible for Kathy Griffin? She's basically a redheaded Ann Coulter who just says outrageous things to stay relevant, pretty pathetic. I guess Romney going down in flames is so depressing to conservatives its time to desperately find irrelevant celebrities to tie to Democrats
At least Griffin, unlike Coulter, has the good graces not to pretend that she's anything more than a foul-mouthed comedian looking to make a buck.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Kathy Griffin is an equal opportunity offender. She jokes about every one. Should we be offended, because she a conservative or a young girl. Not sure.? Kathy's comedy act isn't a buffet. Let's not pick some and not the others. I'm sure she was crude to several people. *shrugs*
Yup... but for some reason unbeknownst to the rest of us, it only becomes an "outrage-worthy" event when the target is a Palin. I've actually seen Kathy Griffin's show live a couple of times, and she rips on WAAAYY more liberals (both celebs and politicians) than conservatives. Should I start a thread listing all of her liberal-targeted jokes, asking "Are you conservatives okay with this?" I'm okay with everyone else being teased by her, so I don't understand why this ONE joke should make me angry.

My hypocrisy meter is literally on tilt after reading this thread.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-29-2012 at 09:58 PM..

Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM

393 posts, read 504,057 times
If this was a conservative saying this, all hell would break loose! Libs can dish it out, but they can't take it! They should feel lilke climbing under a rock about what Kathy said!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
To answer your question, no, I don't think she should rip on anyone. But if she does, make it honest. Rip on Lindsay Lohan or someone who deserves it.
No one DESERVES to get ripped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies