Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times

Advertisements

Kathy G is an entertainer/comedian. She's not calling me or my daughter a "dirty wh#re" because we're not public figures. I would never expose my family to that. Sarah P made the choice to do so, and now she and her family have to live with it, just like all other public figures. I hope the money is worth it.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Is it wrong for the Beatty kid to call a transgender a 'faggy queen'?

I'll wait for an intelligible answer.

While also inappropriate, there is a HUGE difference between using the term as a slur and using the term as a way to reclaim the name. One is meant out of hate, the other is meant out of defiance.

If you go in the Judaism forum, you'll see at least one poster who has reappropriated the term "yid". I consider the term very offensive, but in his community, it has been reclaimed in defiance of those who have called us that negatively for centuries. I do not choose to use that term and do not see reclaiming words like yid, ****, ******, ******, ****, etc as a positive movement, but there is no comparison to using those words as slurs.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Waiting...
Is she really 18? Then WTH is this thread about? The thread title is null and void.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
I guess you've never heard of perks or benefits.

Birth control pills don't just fall off shelves into someone's hands. When birth control pills are added to policies, premiums go up for everybody. That means I'm paying for her to screw around.

It's very simple logic but eludes a lot of people, obviously. If she wants to screw around, she needs to pay for it herself and not ask everyone else to support her disgusting lifestyle.

I guess it's more of that rocket science stuff. One needs to have an IQ over 50 to get it.

Damn!
So all women who have health insurance and use BC are Wh---s to you

....the innate hate Repubs have for women and their willingness to quickly label women as W----s is quite sickening

Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is she really 18? Then WTH is this thread about? The thread title is null and void.
She is indeed. She was born in 1994 and on Sarah Palin's own Facebook page, she spoke about celebrating Willow's birthday around the 4th of July.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Kathy G is an entertainer/comedian. She's not calling me or my daughter a "dirty wh#re" because we're not public figures. I would never expose my family to that. Sarah P made the choice to do so, and now she and her family have to live with it, just like all other public figures. I hope the money is worth it.
Her 17-year-old daughter didn't make that choice; legally 17 year-olds are not allowed to make those choices. No 17-year-old should have those things said about her. Would you want your child ridiculed for your actions? People get thrust in the public eye, whether they want it or not, all the time without meaning to. Where do we draw the line?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Can you imagine if Kathy Giffin said this about one of Obama's daughters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Her 17-year-old daughter didn't make that choice; legally 17 year-olds are not allowed to make those choices. No 17-year-old should have those things said about her. Would you want your child ridiculed for your actions? People get thrust in the public eye, whether they want it or not, all the time without meaning to. Where do we draw the line?
Her 18 year old daughter has the agency to choose to be on TV, to choose to use the words she uses, and to choose to post offensive things on Facebook. She made those choices, she needs to live with the consequences.

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
No.

You clearly have her confused with someone else.
Oh, please! How can you claim that Bristol Palin did not work for The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy? It's well documented. She was also named a Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ambassador for the Candie's Foundation. How can you also deny that she now has her own TV show called Life's a Tripp that premiered in June? Are you living under a rock?

You never did answer my question about what you call an unwed teen who gets pregnant and then gets a reality TV show to parade her unwed motherhood around in front of the world and then has the gull to complain because people criticize something said on one of those episodes? Since you're so good at defining wh*res and sl*ts when they vote for Democrats, I really want to know....

Old 07-29-2012, 10:44 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So all women who have health insurance and use BC are Wh---s to you

....the innate hate Repubs have for women and their willingness to quickly label women as W----s is quite sickening
It's a Limbaugh thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies