Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,093 times

Advertisements

I, nor anyone I know hates obama.

we think he's a disaster as a president and we want to trade him in on a different option.
There is NO way Mitt can be worse, absolute impossible.

Ba'rak is a horrible nightmare and an embarressmant to all Americans who can understand what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
In all my adult years, there has never been as much hatered and disrespect for the President as there is now. There is and probably always has been SOME. People called Nixon a crook, elected Carter to get rid of Republicans from the Nixon era, then called Carter ineffective, berated Reagan for being controlled by a medium, made fun of Clinton's misconduct, etc. Things got a little worse when Bush Jr. came into office and people said he started a war "to finish what Daddy started," and other demeaning remarks, but the way people talk about the current President is us unprecedented , in my memory. Just look at the topics in the P&OC forum. You don't even have to read past the titles. I don't see how you can characterize it as anything but hate. I'm not disagreeing with anybody that said they do not hate, but just read 5 or 6 pages of the thread titles in this forum. I think the amount of hate being spewed toward this President is vastly greater that what has been blasted toward the past 10-12 Presidents.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I, nor anyone I know hates obama.

we think he's a disaster as a president and we want to trade him in on a different option.
There is NO way Mitt can be worse, absolute impossible.

Ba'rak is a horrible nightmare and an embarressmant to all Americans who can understand what is going on.
Please explain the bold.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
In all my adult years, there has never been as much hatered and disrespect for the President as there is now. There is and probably always has been SOME. People called Nixon a crook, elected Carter to get rid of Republicans from the Nixon era, then called Carter ineffective, berated Reagan for being controlled by a medium, made fun of Clinton's misconduct, etc. Things got a little worse when Bush Jr. came into office and people said he started a war "to finish what Daddy started," and other demeaning remarks, but the way people talk about the current President is us unprecedented , in my memory. Just look at the topics in the P&OC forum. You don't even have to read past the titles. I don't see how you can characterize it as anything but hate. I'm not disagreeing with anybody that said they do not hate, but just read 5 or 6 pages of the thread titles in this forum. I think the amount of hate being spewed toward this President is vastly greater that what has been blasted toward the past 10-12 Presidents.
Not only that but also the names they call his wife and children. Remember glen beck attacking his youngest daughter

Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM

272 posts, read 229,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you serious? Have you been living under a rock? All this "birther" nonsense, which seems to be never-ending. All the racial stuff, calling him "Homie" and then suggesting that is a reference to "Homie the Clown"; calling him a "lying African"; saying he got into Harvard via affirmative action or other, even more nefarious ways; his supposed upbringing by communists; the horrible crap about his mother, long dead; etc.
+1. You forgot his wife and kids.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
I don't hate the Romneys, I do however find them kinda creepy.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
To my fellow liberals:

This question's been on my mind the past week, and I thought I'd ask. We all know that they deny it, but face it: A significant portion of American conservatives have a deep hatred of the president and his wife. And I was just curious about how you--my fellow left of centre posters--felt about Romney. Do you hate him as much as conservatives hate the Obamas? (I'm not really getting the same vibe I saw in 2008 toward Obama, myself) How will you react if he is elected? How upset will you be?

Personally, I think they're nice people who have their hearts in the right place...but they're just out of touch with what it's like for Americans of average means in this country. I won't be voting for him, But I've never thought the Romneys were bad people--as opposed to many other leading conservative personalities. If Romney was elected, I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't go apoplectic the way the right did when Obama was elected.

So what do you think?
Your initial premise is wrong.

I am as conservative as you can get and I DON"T hate the Obama's along with many of my conservative friends.

A question back at you. Why does the left always claim Hate just because someone else disagrees with their positions?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:45 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I don't hate the Romneys, I do however find them kinda creepy.
Why?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM

504 posts, read 457,146 times
Default Any alien invasion Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why?

Ooohh oooohhh let me answer this, he creeps me out in a Stepford-Wife invasion of the body snatchers type way. Of all the pliticians out there if he was on tv giving a speech and his skin split and out popped some cockroach looking alien most of America would breath a sigh of relief and be like "So that explains it". Where else if it happened to any other Politician we would be horrified. The Coneheads on Saturday night live were less stiff and awkward than this dude.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
I don't think I hate Romney, I just think he is majorly dishonest and even slimier then your average politicians and while I do think he wants to enrich himself and his friends, I don't think I would go to the extremes the GOP has and say he is purposefully destroying america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies