Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times

Advertisements

To my fellow liberals:

This question's been on my mind the past week, and I thought I'd ask. We all know that they deny it, but face it: A significant portion of American conservatives have a deep hatred of the president and his wife. And I was just curious about how you--my fellow left of centre posters--felt about Romney. Do you hate him as much as conservatives hate the Obamas? (I'm not really getting the same vibe I saw in 2008 toward Obama, myself) How will you react if he is elected? How upset will you be?

Personally, I think they're nice people who have their hearts in the right place...but they're just out of touch with what it's like for Americans of average means in this country. I won't be voting for him, But I've never thought the Romneys were bad people--as opposed to many other leading conservative personalities. If Romney was elected, I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't go apoplectic the way the right did when Obama was elected.

So what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Not a fellow liberal, just a conservative. I don't, have never hated Mr Obama. I have always felt that he, his administration and their policies have been ineffective. Hugely expensive so. Think about it, almost 1 Trillion dollars in stimulus has budged the unemployment rate 1/10 of 1%.

Then one gets to ideology. So, anti-capitalist. Let the government spread it around? No thanks, it is incompetent, and that goes for most administrations from both sides of the aisle. Frankly, we had no choice in 2008, but I believe we made the worst of two bad choices.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
No, I don't hate Romney. I hate how he lies about himself and Obama.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,552,145 times
I don't hate Romney at all. He seems like a cool guy. It is his policies and general attitude I disagree with.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 AM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
To my fellow liberals:

This question's been on my mind the past week, and I thought I'd ask. We all know that they deny it, but face it: A significant portion of American conservatives have a deep hatred of the president and his wife. And I was just curious about how you--my fellow left of centre posters--felt about Romney. Do you hate him as much as conservatives hate the Obamas? (I'm not really getting the same vibe I saw in 2008 toward Obama, myself) How will you react if he is elected? How upset will you be?

Personally, I think they're nice people who have their hearts in the right place...but they're just out of touch with what it's like for Americans of average means in this country. I won't be voting for him, But I've never thought the Romneys were bad people--as opposed to many other leading conservative personalities. If Romney was elected, I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't go apoplectic the way the right did when Obama was elected.

So what do you think?
I can't really think of any politician that I have 'hated'. Indeed, it has been my experience that the less education a person has, the more prone they are to announce that they 'hate' so and so. I tend to ignore the sputterings of such people.

As for Mr. Romney: I have no problem with his being elected President. He actually seems like a very nice person: I recently read an article that spoke of how he is not in the habit of spending money on himself (such as driving an old car, sack lunches to work when he was at Bain, etc), but that he would deny his wife nothing. He seems level-headed, and he may well be able to work with both sides of Congress (which is why I am considering voting for him).

The only class of people that I have heard express dismay about Mr. Romney are those whom consider Mormonism to be a 'cult', which I guess tend to be the 'ultra-conservative Christians'. Of course, many of them suspect President Obama of being Muslim. I wish I could be a fly on the wall of the voting booth when they have to make a choice.

Nice thing about Mr. Romney: he is young and healthy enough that I really don't care about his VP choice.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
I don't hate him but I know his type. The way he held down that classmate with a group of fellow bullys really bothers me. Their is no comparing the hate for Obama and his wife and children that has been shown by the tea party. Calling the first lady all those horrible names. The racial hate is very deep and much more significant then any political hate could ever be. They have shown in words the actions they have been practicing on a daily basis for all these years.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
No, I don't hate Governor Romney. I think as individuals, he and Obama are very similar: calculating and poll-driven, and not very ideological. In most ways, their policies would be basically the same. The difference is that Romney would bring a train of warmongers, creationists and other GOP crazies to Washington in his wake, and I'm not ready to see that.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:06 AM

504 posts, read 457,146 times
Default I Dont hate Romney in the Least!!!

Quote:
To my fellow liberals:

So what do you think?

Nah No I dont hate Romney

I just get the feeling that his candidacy is a stupidity test for the Country. If we are so divided and stupid enough to elect this guy it will tell the power brokers our country is ripe and ready for complete pillaging. Hate to say it but if Obama was white the GOP wouldnt have anything to go on.

Nothing

Obama, just like Clinton is a better republican than the republicans are. Only thing there is a mouth breathing base that cause of Obamas race are willing to believe anything negative said about him, regardless if what he does helps the country or not.

Romney is a JOKE a complete joke who BOUGHT the GOP nomination. If the GOP was serious we'd be looking at Mitch Daniels, Christie or the Virginia Governor as the GOP nominee. But the GOP ran a blooper real of candidates.

The true power players could care less who wins but I believe a Romney win would be like the timer going off on the Christmas turkey telling you that THIS TURKEY IS DONE and ready to be eaten.

Nope dont hate Romney in the least, hell he isnt even a real power broker in the grand scheme of things just a child with daddy complex just like McCain and Bush , he just wants to 1-up daddy.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:09 AM

504 posts, read 457,146 times
Default Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No, I don't hate Governor Romney. I think as individuals, he and Obama are very similar: calculating and poll-driven, and not very ideological. In most ways, their policies would be basically the same. The difference is that Romney would bring a train of warmongers, creationists and other GOP crazies to Washington in his wake, and I'm not ready to see that.

Dead ON!!! If only more folks could see things in this common sense manner!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
To my fellow liberals:

So what do you think?
I don't hate anybody, well except Fidel Castro and Adolf Hitler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies