Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:39 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times

Advertisements

Disrespect the title or the name? There is a difference. For example I respect the office and can do so without actually having any respect for the man in the office. Respect is a two way street or at least should be.
The man currently in the office has engaged in class warfare, he is divisive and does surround himself with some very questionable people.
The man currently in the office is quick to lay claim to other peoples deeds and equally quick to make excuses for failures. Normally by pointing the finger else where.
In my 49 years of life I have never seen the country so divided. As our leader I would expect him to mend fences and find ways to meet in the middle.
Obama is a lawyer and as such has been well schooled (one would hope) in choosing language that is exact. Yet it seems every time he opens his mouth he has a team of explainers working over time to explain what the man really meant.
Obama has alienated small town americans, people with individual retirement accounts, people who own small businesses, legal immigrants and more. All in the name of class warfare.
Finally he is running the dirtiest campaign I have ever seen.
Now what is left to respect?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..where were you when Bush was President ?
And so the childish games begin. They did it, so I can too... and I am right they were wrong.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 AM

990 posts, read 939,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
A mature gentleman or lady always addresses people by their correct name and title.

Hence, I always refer to the president as President Obama. I always refer to Ron Paul as Mr. Paul (saying 'Congressman Paul' sounds weird). Should Mr. Romney win, he will hencefore be President Romney.

You will notice, if you have not already, that those who use disrespectful names invariably spout nonsense. Indeed, using disrespectful names is the only arrow in their quiver.
Technically you should call Ron Paul "Dr. Paul" since he is a doctor...

I'll take a lot more from a scathing review of a person's policies than I will from some stupid play on their name.

Generally the maturity of political posters is surprisingly low. You'd think that people interested in politics would be more mature than that, but sadly they aren't. Hence the idiocy we see in the campaigns. Instead of truly giving us information about policies and issues, we get talking points and empty promises akin to those in a Middle School ASB election.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Both sides do it, and neither should. As legalsea pointed out, it's often an early warning of the merits of the argument.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
"Romney Hood"

Old 08-10-2012, 10:51 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..where were you when Bush was President ?
I wasn't disrespecting his title. I didn't agree with his policies, but I didn't say stuff such what was said about the President today.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Really? Did liberals respect President Bush's title when he was in office? Or was he Dubya or Dubz or just W?

Do liberals respect Romeny now? Or is he Mittens or Willard?

Can't have it both ways.
I never said that was going on. However, I have seen alot of outright hatred towards the President.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
I think it is funny how some people justify disrespecting a man based off of flimsy evidence. President Obama has done nothing to garner disrespect. President Obama has done plenty to garner opposition to his political policies. Some people just don't know that difference.

For what it's worth, I have never disrespected President Bush even if i disagreed with how he handled some things. But I also think it is funny how some people try to justify disrespecting the president because some other people disrespected President Bush. You do know that is the mentality of a 5 year old, right? It also proves that you fail at being an adult in most situations.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
no he's the (obamanator), <definition> trail of destruction in it's wake...
See, stuff like that. I admit there are somethings in the President's policies I don't agree with, but I'm not calling him "Obamanator" or other crap like that.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Most presidents including this one have been sociopaths. Sorry a title doesn't confer respect.
I think people who blindly idolize politicians, cops, military etc. and ignore the reality of their actions or duties, have issues too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies