Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..where were you when Bush was President ?
Bush was a White man. The "insults" were there, of course ... mostly directed to commentary regarding his intelligence, or lack thereof. The "insults" of Mr. Obama seem almost exclusively lobbed by racists, or have a racial overtone. That's how I interpret them. And I don't think I'm alone with that.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
You know what? People don't have to respect the President, or like him or his policies. It's a free country.

But have some class and intelligence, for crying out loud. "Obummer?" "Obozo"? What is this, 2nd grade?
This has been my point.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I agree, dissing your president is like dissing your mother, it looks bad on you.
...and how does you mother feel about you supporting communism...??

Old 08-10-2012, 11:07 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I think disrespect for presidents have been happenig since the 60's;nothing new.One does have to look far for the calling our troops and the president war criminals.John Kerry made his mark as a liberal in calling america's troops in Vietnam a bunch of mudrers and rapists in his testimony to congress before entering poltics.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Bush was a White man. The "insults" were there, of course ... mostly directed to commentary regarding his intelligence, or lack thereof. The "insults" of Mr. Obama seem almost exclusively lobbed by racists, or have a racial overtone. That's how I interpret them. And I don't think I'm alone with that.
Really?

Obummer

Obungler

Obamabot

Obozo

those carry racial overtones?

1,378 posts, read 1,393,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think disrespect for presidents have been happenig since the 60's;nothing new.One does have to look far for the calling our troops and the president war criminals.John Kerry made his mark as a liberal in calling america's troops in Vietnam a bunch of mudrers and rapists in his testimony to congress before entering poltics.
I'm willing to bet that Kerry, who served in Vietnam himself and actually knew a lot of soldiers (unlike a certain Fortunate Son in the Texas Air National Guard), criticized the civilian leaders of the U.S. government and the Pentagon in his testimony, moreso than anything.

Just a hunch.

1,748 posts, read 2,084,968 times
Quote:
Just because someone disagrees with President Obama's policies and may resort to calling him a nickname does not mean it's racially based. I was just as disenfranchised by President Clinton or Speaker Pelosi, but by calling them names I wasn't being racist. Just because President Obama is black, it doesn't mean that to question him is racist.

Technically your statement is racist because you're saying that to question a black person is racist and therefore, what a black person does is perfect and any white person questioning him must be racist. You are being racist against white people with that statement.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Just because someone disagrees with President Obama's policies and may resort to calling him a nickname does not mean it's racially based.
I didn't suggest that everyone who disagrees with the President for whatever reason is racially-motivated. The ones who use the descriptions the OP pointed-out definately are, IMO.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Obama himself disrespects the title of President, the White House, and the entire country.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
I didn't suggest that everyone who disagrees with the President for whatever reason is racially-motivated. The ones who use the descriptions the OP pointed-out definately are, IMO.
So you wouldn't be complaining if President Obama were a white man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies