Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Has Iran signed the nuclear non proliferation treaty?
I don't know. What does that have to do with Israel violating treaties by having nukes like you say? And as was also pointed out it has never been verified they even have nuclear weapons. Everybody just takes it for granted which is most likely how they want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I would say that war is looming boldy..........

"Egypt has set up anti-aircraft missiles in the Sinai Desert, without notifying Israel and in violation of the Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty, according to Israeli reports, even as Egypt’s new leader has seized control of Egypt’s vast bureaucracy. Israeli officials are not speaking publicly about the missile transfer that is only the latest and perhaps the most serious of actions by Egypt’s new Islamic regime that may signal the imminent failure of the Egyptian-Israeli treaty"
Well for god's sake I hope they remember the awesome training I gave them.

Quote:
That is odd since it is the arab states who attacked Israel post WWII ...
Uh, Israel attacked first, and before Israel attacked, Israel had committed numerous acts of international terrorism, like bombing the British Embassy in Rome, like murdering UN Mediator Count Fokke, and had repeatedly violated every treaty then in place.

Quote:
I don't know. What does that have to do with Israel violating treaties by having nukes like you say? And as was also pointed out it has never been verified they even have nuclear weapons. Everybody just takes it for granted which is most likely how they want it.
Israel has nukes.

One of the greatest espionage coups in the history of intelligence/counter-intelligence was the front company set up by the CIA which clandestinely purchased titanium from the Soviet Union.

The US has no titanium, but needed lots of it for the SR-71. The Soviets had lots of titanium, but refused to sell it to the US, because the Soviets knew the US would use it for the SR-71, and since shooting down U-2s violating Soviet airspace was fun and easy, well......you get the picture.

But that was later over-shadowed by the greatest espionage coup ever.

The Mossad stole deuterium and tritium from the US -- for it's nuclear weapons.

Isn't the US the "world leader?" Well, the US violated treaties, so what does that say?

I hope you're using ye olde Double-Standard where the US and Israel can violate treaties, but no other countries can, because, you know, that would be hypocritical.

Look, we all know the Zionists are trying to recreate the former Davidic Empire, and we all know that empire stretched from the River of Egypt (and that would be the Wadi El-Arish and not the Nile River) in the west to the Euphrates River in the east and that it encompassed all of Lebanon and Syria, and parts of present-day Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey and Iraq (up to the Euphrates).

Thanks to the Jewish Deformed League, you cannot criticize Zionists without being labeled an anti-Semite --- which would be tantamount to calling people racists for criticizing the Ku Klux Klan, and since no one has the guts to take the Zionists out, well, whatever happens, happens.

Strategically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Without Israel's consent, it is like Egypt thinks they are a sovereign nation or something.

Does anyone think that Israel asked Egypt for permission before they secretly built nuclear weapons in violation of many international treaties?
Touche!

(Sorry, gotta spread the love around before I rep you again).

Independently...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Egypt is a sovereign nation that signed a peace agreement with Israel.
And Egypt is free to abrogate that treaty at any time.

Or, Egypt can follow the US example and violate the treaty, while pretending not to have violated, and then rename French Fries as American Fries.

Quote:
This is not the topic of this thread and it is not clear whether or not Israel actually possesses nuclear weapons.
They do.

I know a nuclear weapons infrastructure when I see one.

Quote:
Israel agreed for more Egyptian troops but didn't agree for Egypt to bring in tanks and anti-aircraft missiles which aren't necessary for border control activities or to get rid of land based terrorists.
So, your logic is that the US used tanks in Afghanistan against land-based terrorists and got its ass kicked, so Egypt shouldn't waste time with tanks?

The US had anti-aircraft missiles in Afghanistan.

I can see why no one would ever let you command troops.

Amused...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Egypt's deployed more troops to the North Sinai recently--with Israel's approval--to combat militants in the region(many of whom have taken advantage of the security vaccum in the region to attack Israel). So maybe Israel can't have it both ways at this point.
I bestow upon thee the honorary rank of Brevet General.

If I got troops on the ground, I want air cover and air defense. Good tactical call by you.

Impressed...

Mircea

Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Ef Egypt!

Israel should have never given the Sinai back. I hope the fit hits the shan and they get it back. Great move Egypt- hope it jacks your crack

Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?
Israel is Egypt's neighbor... you started a thread... "Egypt", "Sinai"... remember?

Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 PM

43,680 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

So, your logic is that the US used tanks in Afghanistan against land-based terrorists and got its ass kicked, so Egypt shouldn't waste time with tanks?

Amused...

Mircea
So why doesn't the USA use tanks and anti-aircraft missiles along its borders since 9/11 to protect it from potential terrorist attacks?

Dealing with the terrorists in the Sinai can be done first of all without tanks and anti-aircraft missiles as the terrorists are not flying airplanes and aren't using tanks! The Sinai desert isn't the same situation as Afghanistan.

I can also see why nobody would put you in charge of fighting terrorists as part of a border control unit.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Well for god's sake I hope they remember the awesome training I gave them.

Uh, Israel attacked first, and before Israel attacked, Israel had committed numerous acts of international terrorism, like bombing the British Embassy in Rome, like murdering UN Mediator Count Fokke, and had repeatedly violated every treaty then in place.

Israel has nukes.

One of the greatest espionage coups in the history of intelligence/counter-intelligence was the front company set up by the CIA which clandestinely purchased titanium from the Soviet Union.

The US has no titanium, but needed lots of it for the SR-71. The Soviets had lots of titanium, but refused to sell it to the US, because the Soviets knew the US would use it for the SR-71, and since shooting down U-2s violating Soviet airspace was fun and easy, well......you get the picture.

But that was later over-shadowed by the greatest espionage coup ever.

The Mossad stole deuterium and tritium from the US -- for it's nuclear weapons.

Isn't the US the "world leader?" Well, the US violated treaties, so what does that say?

I hope you're using ye olde Double-Standard where the US and Israel can violate treaties, but no other countries can, because, you know, that would be hypocritical.

Look, we all know the Zionists are trying to recreate the former Davidic Empire, and we all know that empire stretched from the River of Egypt (and that would be the Wadi El-Arish and not the Nile River) in the west to the Euphrates River in the east and that it encompassed all of Lebanon and Syria, and parts of present-day Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey and Iraq (up to the Euphrates).

Thanks to the Jewish Deformed League, you cannot criticize Zionists without being labeled an anti-Semite --- which would be tantamount to calling people racists for criticizing the Ku Klux Klan, and since no one has the guts to take the Zionists out, well, whatever happens, happens.

Strategically...

Mircea

Touche!

(Sorry, gotta spread the love around before I rep you again).

Independently...

Mircea

And Egypt is free to abrogate that treaty at any time.

Or, Egypt can follow the US example and violate the treaty, while pretending not to have violated, and then rename French Fries as American Fries.

They do.

I know a nuclear weapons infrastructure when I see one.

Amused...

Mircea

I bestow upon thee the honorary rank of Brevet General.

If I got troops on the ground, I want air cover and air defense. Good tactical call by you.

Impressed...

Mircea
I'm sure every country violates treaties at some time. Sure Israel most likely has nukes, you probably know much more than I about that, but Egypt just violated the peace treaty (which is actually the topic) by places those guns in Sinai have they not? Now sure folks can say what is wrong with that and on and on and play the usual it's all Israel's fault but Egypt are the ones who did it. Now what will the response be is the question.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Israel is Egypt's neighbor... you started a thread... "Egypt", "Sinai"... remember?
The question asked was whether Iran signed the NPT. Pay attention and you would look so foolish.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:46 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
This is not the topic of this thread and it is not clear whether or not Israel actually possesses nuclear weapons.
Sure they have nuclear weapons. And the fact that Israel has broken the treaty is relevant to the thread.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Sure they have nuclear weapons. And the fact that Israel has broken the treaty is relevant to the thread.
What treaty are you talking about!

Ok! So both of them break treaties - let the best nation win. Hope Israel gets the Sinai back and more

Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
What treaty are you talking about!

Ok! So both of them break treaties - let the best nation win. Hope Israel gets the Sinai back and more

I don't care. Lets just stop giving weapons and money to the both of them. If they want to kill each other because they belong to different tribes, then have at it, but lets stay out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies