Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You probably have not been paying attention then.

this is at schools but its the same in the workplace.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/ed...ata-shows.html
so, you can proved 1 time...

Your arguement is getting pretty lame....I would be embarrassed....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
You probably have not been paying attention then.

this is at schools but its the same in the workplace.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/ed...ata-shows.html
Maybe it's because they get into more trouble? The article is vague and doesn't mention anything about it.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Well, without a business plan, a market analysis, or even an idea provided to go on, your request is no different than a homeless person holding their hand out.

So what do you think their answer will be?
You must work at the bank?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wonder when people will stop to understand that nothing the FED state or Local does is cheap or free. These public sector jobs are paid for by tax dollars. While the private sector has been forced to downsize and merge companies to remain viable public sector has done little to trim the fat.
Bingo. The OP would do himself a huge favor in realizing this.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Maybe it's because they get into more trouble? The article is vague and doesn't mention anything about it.
Lol. Conservatives are the best at creating their own reality

Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
NYT article is pure propaganda which supports obama's re-election strategy of racism and class warfare.

The author uses scant, isolated facts, to reach a desired conclusion.

The only criteria suggested for eliminating unnecessary jobs is racism.

Pure propaganda and consistent with the strategy of charging racism as spoken by frequent white House visitor and union leader trumpka who claimed opposition to obama can only be racist. Then the discovery of emails from a group of journalists which encourgae charging obama's opponents with racism.

and yet we see rabid, myopic supporters buy it hook line and sinker.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:58 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
I hate this. We should have fought harder. Now it is to late and our children will suffer because of it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/05/op...ic-sector.html
What does this have to do with the Tea Party?

States, counties, and cities are laying off workers because their pension programs are sucking their funds dry. They can't afford to pay the pensions. Some people who work in government have double pensions. They retire from one agency and start working at another. Public employee unions are crushing public funds to pay for their retirement.

It has ZERO to do with the tea party.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Are you going to tell me that you have never witnessed blacks getting punished harshly for the same offense a white employee gets a slap on wrist for?
Where I work women and minorities do not have to be equally qualified to rate the same promotions. A womans reliability can be outside guide lines and still not fear what a male would. Where I work we are allowed 3 incidents or 48 hours sick per year more than this and you are subject to disiplinary action. Women often exceed this.
Minorities.
To be promoted to Tech 4 must demonstrate advanced mechanical, leadership, and process knowledge and skill.
Oddly enough minorities don't seem to have to score the minimum 85% on the mechanical test. I know because I am a tester. Standard test for everyone. standard answers required. So I dont see racism where I work.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,510 times
Quote:
Did you read the article? Get Obama first then destroy the black middle class. Make blacks work in the private sector where they can be discriminated against without resistance. This has been the tea party plan all along.
Small government cant enforce

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brown v. Board of Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

N.C. plan a step back toward segregation - CNN

Wake up black people and white Dems. This is the plan and they are winning.
Brown v. Board of Education caused our educational standards to plummet. If we can work around that, Tea Party or not, hallelujah.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Did you read the article? Get Obama first then destroy the black middle class. Make blacks work in the private sector where they can be discriminated against without resistance. This has been the tea party plan all along.
Small government cant enforce

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brown v. Board of Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

N.C. plan a step back toward segregation - CNN

Wake up black people and white Dems. This is the plan and they are winning.
Wow, bro. Fascinating. I read your posts and then I get to thinking of all the blacks that I see in my private-sector existence. My uncle's black x-girlfriend's daughter, who, with her master's degree, was laid off as a pharmaceutical rep during the recession. Did she cry about racism when she lost her above-median-average salary? Nope. She adapted and became a head-hunter. Or the black guy who works in my company and is pretty high up in his skill-based position. I guess it was the fact that he, being former military, and a divorced dad with daughters, learned skills that were beneficial to employment in the private sector, just like everyone else is supposed to do. Or the black woman who, also clearly with a college education, was a representative of the company that came to explain the new benefits package. She stated she also had three children. Or try walking into major retailers in any city (at least the one that's nearest to me), and you will see black men--yes, black men--employed. Or all the blacks and Hispanics that I have worked with in my working lifetime. Then I read posts like this on C-D, and it just makes me wonder if some who post here are the only person of a differing color in the area in which they live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies