Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Ah yes, the war on women rages ....

The Top 10 Ways the #GOP has Declared a #WarOnWomen |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
People that don't have their eyes gouged out can see that a lot of what they put out are lies. They are all manufactured outrage. They aren't really mad, the professional whiners try to feel faux outraged to justify their TV time and salary, while their Pavlovian dog followers are faux outraged on command by the professional whiners (i.e. "women everywhere should be offended because....").

Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Ah yes, the war on women rages ....

The Top 10 Ways the #GOP has Declared a #WarOnWomen |
Thanks for the link. I don't know how anyone can claim there's not a war on women going on. You sure don't see anyone trying to take rights away from men or to severely restrict their access to health care and fair pay for equal work.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Democrats thought they had two winning issues: Birth control and abortion rights. They thought those were the Number One issues on the minds of women in America ... women who vote!

They thought wrong, and in the process have insulted most women, who found Obamas admonishment to "vote your body parts" extremely offensive and demeaning.
[LEFT]"The thinking here apparently was that by highlighting a thirty-year-old law student whining that others should pay her contraceptive costs, emphasizing an unfettered right to abortion, and equal pay for equal work (a convenient code for further feathering trial lawyers nests with dubious claims for parity) and highlighting fluffy issues beloved of the ill-informed, Obama would lock up the women's votes. The Republican "War on Women" was the theme of a convention designed around obscuring the fact that the Democratic standard-bearer had no record to run on, no plan for a second term, and shared the ticket with a crazy person afflicted with logorrhea."

Read more: Articles: The 'War on Women' Backfires
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]The so-called "gender gap" has all but evaporated. This is good news for Republicans in "swing states." This may well provide the needed surge which creates a landslide victory for Mitt Romney, despite Democrats continued ridiculous efforts to use things like "binders of women" as issues (they only add to women's anger).

This shows that the Democrats have completely misjudged women. They have shown that they believe women are bimbos, who do not know anything about real issues like the economy, never mind that many women handle the family budget, and have to figure out how to feed a family on incomes that have fallen on average $4,000 annually during Obama's term.

They think women aren't concerned when a beloved son is brutally murdered by terrorists in an attack on our Embassy because of this presidents lack of a foreign policy that puts U.S. interests first, but instead facilitates the rise to power of an Islamist organization, the Muslim Brotherhood, directly resulting in the resurgence of al-Qaeda, who now has established a new "beachhead" in Benghazi.

Democrats now find that their faux claim that they are the sole champions of women, has been unmasked, and it is clear to women that the Democrats only wish to use them as pawns. It's a little like rape. And women have reacted accordingly.[/LEFT]
I hate to tell you this, but women can think of more than one thing at a time.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I think that was the OP's point. Women are capable of thinking more than one dimensionally. Well, most anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thanks for the link. I don't know how anyone can claim there's not a war on women going on. You sure don't see anyone trying to take rights away from men or to severely restrict their access to health care and fair pay for equal work.
Try tuning out that bell the professional whiners are ringing every once in a while.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
I don't see anyone trying to take women's rights to those things either. But I don't think I should have to pay for your birth control, or your abortion ("your" being in a general sense, not you personally).

On the so-called "equal pay" issue, the big problem comes when trying to define what is "equal work." This idea is not simply making sure a woman working in the same capacity (i.e. job description) is paid by the same pay scale as a man in that position. They wish to take it further, and try to compare jobs of different types, and skill requirements, etc. to come up with what constitutes "equal work." That opens up a huge can of worms, and will, as the writer states, only benefit lawyers who will file lawsuits on behalf of women claiming to have been harmed.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:27 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:

Like I've said a hundred times before GIVE ME A BREAK!

Women have access to health care...WE DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR BIRTH CONTROL OR ABORTIONS-

Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

Calculating the median salary for each gender required some assumptions to be made based on the employee names. When unclear, every effort was taken to determine the appropriate gender

Huffingtonpost.com

Why don't you stop watching MSDNC for all of your news...

Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:

If there is a war on women, why have polls shown that Romney is within one point with Obama among women voters? 48% to 49%

Poll: Romney, narrows gap with women, leads Obama in the swing states

Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Which is the point of the posted article, of course. Obviously you didn't read it. I am in agreement.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
How are women being severly resticted from access to healthcare by the GOP? How are women beind denied fair pay for equal work by the GOP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies