Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

So the idiot in the video thinks it's wise to agitate and insult suicidal lunatics.

If you agree with him, why not start in your own backyard, next time you see some psychotic homeless guy talking to himself, start insulting him and poking him with a stick.

Morans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
"....thousands of Islamic nutcases take time out from beating up their wives to show their sensitive side..."

Love that line, LOL!!!

How true.

This guy is spot on.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Time for Islam to reinvent Mohammed, similar to the way Madonna has done a few times during her career. Maybe not so much the breastplate, or Material Prophet look, but certainly someone who isn't so image phobic, and is able to take a bit of criticism on the chin. There would be a less rioting if Mohammed/Allah had a "whatever" attitude.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 AM

461 posts, read 556,165 times
It's not hard to piece together people.

It was said that one hundred Israelis funded the Mohammad film. Israel asked the maker to have it released because it knew that some Muslim elements (people who have never so much as thrown a rock against Israel, these extremists are actually propped up by US in the USA) would overreact. Netanyahu and Obama have been having problems lately and Israel wants nothing more than Netanyahu's college buddy Mitt Romney to come into office. You know, since Obama has a spine and won't yield to Israel's demand to declare war on Iran. They want Obama out. And since Obama came out of the last few weeks looking like a failure in the Middle East, it's safe to assume he lost some votes. This was the plan.

These Muslim extremists violently protesting (nothing wrong with the ones protesting in a civil manner) are being used.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:17 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Don't forget to also wonder about the makers of this "film" and what their intentions were. Although not all the details are known yet, the film has all the earmarks of fundamentalist Christian Islam-bashing. I think whoever was behind this film was trying to provoke violence, probably in order to "prove" that Christianity was morally superior to Islam. That is reprehensible as well.
I would say that although the makers of this film might be sleazy, they did in fact prove their point the modern Christianity is superior to modern Islam.

When people react to any sort of criticism, mockery, or insult by acting violent that is their problem not their critic. What you are basically saying is that someone has to be violent to earn your respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
First, I've spent over two years in Islamic countries. My head is intact.

Second, no need to ask me loaded questions along the lines of "does your mother know that you're gay".

I said exactly what I meant. Pat Condell does not speak for me, though he claims he is speaking for the civilized world', when he tells Muslims to put their head in an oven.
Nice try.

I have been listening to Pat Condell for years and he directs his disdain towards violent fundamentalists and not just Muslims in general. He even occasionally praises liberal and moderate Muslims that do take the extremists to task and laments that there aren't more of them

Quote:
You really don't know what you're talking about.

I certainly don't support rioting. It is untrue, however, that "every little thing" provokes people in the Muslim majority world to violence. However, invading their countries (Iraq and Afghanistan), bombing them repeatedly using drones (Pakistan) and supporting their mass dispossession and repression (Israel/Palestine) will. Probably worst of all, the US supports dictatorial regimes, from Saudi Arabia to Jordan, which torture and murder their own people. Then the US brags about "spreading democracy." It pisses people off. It creates a situation where even a minor trigger can set of a major conflagration.

Try to educate yourself a little better about the context, and you won't find this so hard to understand.
Ha!

Islamic terrorism is not about invading their countries or supporting dictatorships. Why have Belgium, Dutch, Italian, Canadian, and other nationals been targeted by Islamic extremists? Why do Muslims in Pakistan and Nigeria constantly protest by murdering non-Muslims? Whenever I see some Islamic protest I see signs like "Your time will come" and "Islam with dominate the world" and "Behead those that insult Islam" and "Death to America/Israel/Britain/Netherlands/Denmark/Canada/Australia/Jews/the West". I never see signs saying "Fair water rights in the West Bank" or "The Invasion of Iraq was based on faulty evidence" or "Drone assassinations lack adequate oversight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
But the first thing you said was using the islamic mentality... the person behind this video is trying to incite violence

I suggest you go back and study some history, islam has been at war even before the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.

It's people like you who are illiterate in history that only bring in the last 30 years.....

And while you're at it study up on politics and unholy alliances.....

So try to educate yourself a little better about the context, and you won't find this so hard to understand.
Sorry to burst you bubble, but Islam didn't exist until the 7th century.

The Persians who warred with Greece wouldn't become Muslims for over a thousand years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So the idiot in the video thinks it's wise to agitate and insult suicidal lunatics.

If you agree with him, why not start in your own backyard, next time you see some psychotic homeless guy talking to himself, start insulting him and poking him with a stick.

Morans.
Yes, but the insane homeless man isn't demanding that you change your lifestyle to suit his delusions. He is only dangerous to those in his immediate location and sporadically at that.

That is the problem with Fundamentalist Islam. Almost everything is an insult. Like the British school teacher in Sudan who let the children name a teddy bear "Mohammad" (which wouldn't be that odd since it is the most common first name in the world) and she was arrested for blasphemy and literally tens of thousands of these lunatics were calling for her death and even terrorist attacks against the UK because of this incident.

That is what we are dealing with. It's doesn't need less criticism. It needs more criticism. It needs to become so overwhelmed with the voices speaking out against it that it knows that it is impossible to destroy their critics and that is when Islam will start to change.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Nice try.

I have been listening to Pat Condell for years and he directs his disdain towards violent fundamentalists and not just Muslims in general. He even occasionally praises liberal and moderate Muslims that do take the extremists to task and laments that there aren't more of them
The full quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Condell 3:15 - 3:21
if you're an offended Muslim go stick your head in the oven for all we care
Once again, Pat Condell does not speak for me.

Quote:
That is what we are dealing with. It's doesn't need less criticism. It needs more criticism. It needs to become so overwhelmed with the voices speaking out against it that it knows that it is impossible to destroy their critics and that is when Islam will start to change.
Agreed.

Doesn't mean that I wish death upon them, as Pat Condell attempts to have me say.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:44 AM

289 posts, read 396,455 times
100%

The whack-job muslims deserve zero respect. I'll fight tooth and nail to keep this country free from the influences of Islam and Falwell/Robertson and Bibi. If you want to have a fight over whose god is better we should let you guys fight it out in some uninhabited land in perpetuity.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:13 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Morans.
Actually, I kinda agree with his observations. If Islam wants respect and tolerance, they should respect and show tolerance for others. Not "do as I say", but "do as I do".

Thinking that you can simply demand I respect you, without your respecting me is sophomoric at best, and asinine at worst.

MORONS

Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The full quote

Once again, Pat Condell does not speak for me.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean that I wish death upon them, as Pat Condell attempts to have me say.
I think he meant it as a figure of speech. Just like when you tell someone to go f--k themselves. I don't think you literally mean that they engage in sexual intercourse with themselves. Or when you tell someone to **** up a rope. I really don't see what urinating on a rope vertically would for or against someone, but it is just an idiomatic figure of speech.

He doesn't just go after Islam, but also Christianity (with a special focus on Catholicism). I should also note that the situation in Europe regarding Islam is a bit different than in the US. Muslims make up a larger percentage of the population and tend to be more radical than American Muslims. There have also been a number of "moderate" Muslim groups that have lobbied for blasphemy laws and made official complaints about "discrimination", "insensitivity", and "feeling threatened" about banks using a piggy bank in advertising, schools not serving halal meat, complaining about a lack of dress code at public beaches, calling for books like The Satanic Verses and films like Fitna being banned, suing restaurants and stores that require them to handle pork or liquor as part of the job, and so on.

He is talking about both the Muslims that react with terrorism and the Muslims that act in a manner that liberals and atheists would despise if it were Christians. My take is that is that they associate Christianity with (relatively) rich white people and Islam with poor brown people. So attacking Islam in their mind is not criticizing beliefs that were commonly held by illiterate 12th Century Christians, but rather xenophobia and racism.

All of people (including myself) are sick of the appeasement that so many are willing to engage in. I've seen people say that the filmmaker should be tried for reckless endangerment and blaming him for the terrorist attack and riots. They want to see this man in prison or even dead. Using their logic, civil rights activists and critics of KKK were guilty of the same crime. They attacked the KKK when doing so could kill you or a loved one, yet they did it anyways. So someone like MLK wasn't really a hero, but rather a fool who thought it was "wise to agitate and insult racist lunatics".

Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Don't forget to also wonder about the makers of this "film" and what their intentions were. Although not all the details are known yet, the film has all the earmarks of fundamentalist Christian Islam-bashing. I think whoever was behind this film was trying to provoke violence, probably in order to "prove" that Christianity was morally superior to Islam. That is reprehensible as well.
So what? it it really that important after all the killings, that a film a really bad cheesy poorly made film get these muslims off and adds any weight to their oppression of a goat worship?

If you ask me pushing wheelchair bound cripples of ships at sea, crashing passenger planes into Scotland the WTC and etc, blowing up things suicide bombers and everything else like shooting their own women with no trial, hacking off countless heads raping USA diplomats and killing them, and ect ect ect has proven beyond any shadow of any doubt that ALL of these so called -people are no more than animals who get by in the world telling nothing but lies.

I have had my FILL up to here and i want all of them forced out of the USA today! This is no demonstration not even a riot, it's jihad war and their new battle ground is the USA!

I am sick of the sympathetic president and his audience. For all I care he can go with them, and i suspect he is one of them, if not by birth then by choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies