Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Among politicians Wilders is my number 1 hero. He has stood up to Muslims when they had fatwas on him and he is telling nothing but truth and swinging Dutch thoughts about Muslims as his party is steadily growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You really don't know what you're talking about.

I certainly don't support rioting. It is untrue, however, that "every little thing" provokes people in the Muslim majority world to violence. However, invading their countries (Iraq and Afghanistan), bombing them repeatedly using drones (Pakistan) and supporting their mass dispossession and repression (Israel/Palestine) will. Probably worst of all, the US supports dictatorial regimes, from Saudi Arabia to Jordan, which torture and murder their own people. Then the US brags about "spreading democracy." It pisses people off. It creates a situation where even a minor trigger can set of a major conflagration.

Try to educate yourself a little better about the context, and you won't find this so hard to understand.
You seem to be a very well oriented Obamabot. Is there a chance that you do most of your worshiping in a mosque?

Old 09-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
But the first thing you said was using the islamic mentality... the person behind this video is trying to incite violence, an American wouldn't have said that...

I suggest you go back and study some history, islam has been at war with everybody even before the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.

It's people like you who are illiterate in history that only bring in the last 30 years.....

And while you're at it study up on politics and unholy alliances.....

So try to educate yourself a little better about the context, and you won't find this so hard to understand.
I have heard it said, and it is true, I am sure, that the Muslim mind doesn't work like ours do. It might be edifying for some of our people to study back a few years farther to learn about these things.

You mentioned 30 years and it was nearly 60 years ago when an old sailor told me to stay aboard our troop ship unless there were at least 5 others going with me when we were allowed a few hours to go into Morocco. He said if you go in there alone you will end up in an alley with your throat slit. I don't know where he went but he probably saved my life.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So the idiot in the video thinks it's wise to agitate and insult suicidal lunatics.

If you agree with him, why not start in your own backyard, next time you see some psychotic homeless guy talking to himself, start insulting him and poking him with a stick.

Morans.
Do you really think that he was agitating? I saw a man doing what governments should do now and then but then maybe they will wait for your head till close to the end. Hang in there since that seems to be what you are doing.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 09-29-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
It's not hard to piece together people.

It was said that one hundred Israelis funded the Mohammad film. Israel asked the maker to have it released because it knew that some Muslim elements (people who have never so much as thrown a rock against Israel, these extremists are actually propped up by US in the USA) would overreact. Netanyahu and Obama have been having problems lately and Israel wants nothing more than Netanyahu's college buddy Mitt Romney to come into office. You know, since Obama has a spine and won't yield to Israel's demand to declare war on Iran. They want Obama out. And since Obama came out of the last few weeks looking like a failure in the Middle East, it's safe to assume he lost some votes. This was the plan.

These Muslim extremists violently protesting (nothing wrong with the ones protesting in a civil manner) are being used.
No kidding, they are being used? Who is doing the using? Romney? The Republicans? Who?

Old 09-29-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I would say that although the makers of this film might be sleazy, they did in fact prove their point the modern Christianity is superior to modern Islam.

When people react to any sort of criticism, mockery, or insult by acting violent that is their problem not their critic. What you are basically saying is that someone has to be violent to earn your respect.

Nice try.

I have been listening to Pat Condell for years and he directs his disdain towards violent fundamentalists and not just Muslims in general. He even occasionally praises liberal and moderate Muslims that do take the extremists to task and laments that there aren't more of them

Ha!

Islamic terrorism is not about invading their countries or supporting dictatorships. Why have Belgium, Dutch, Italian, Canadian, and other nationals been targeted by Islamic extremists? Why do Muslims in Pakistan and Nigeria constantly protest by murdering non-Muslims? Whenever I see some Islamic protest I see signs like "Your time will come" and "Islam with dominate the world" and "Behead those that insult Islam" and "Death to America/Israel/Britain/Netherlands/Denmark/Canada/Australia/Jews/the West". I never see signs saying "Fair water rights in the West Bank" or "The Invasion of Iraq was based on faulty evidence" or "Drone assassinations lack adequate oversight".

Sorry to burst you bubble, but Islam didn't exist until the 7th century.

The Persians who warred with Greece wouldn't become Muslims for over a thousand years.

Yes, but the insane homeless man isn't demanding that you change your lifestyle to suit his delusions. He is only dangerous to those in his immediate location and sporadically at that.

That is the problem with Fundamentalist Islam. Almost everything is an insult. Like the British school teacher in Sudan who let the children name a teddy bear "Mohammad" (which wouldn't be that odd since it is the most common first name in the world) and she was arrested for blasphemy and literally tens of thousands of these lunatics were calling for her death and even terrorist attacks against the UK because of this incident.

That is what we are dealing with. It's doesn't need less criticism. It needs more criticism. It needs to become so overwhelmed with the voices speaking out against it that it knows that it is impossible to destroy their critics and that is when Islam will start to change.
Great post, Frank, especially the bolded part. It is past time for us to keep backing off from their threats and start issuing a few ourselves.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Does your mother know that? I sure didn't till reading your words. Actually it is not your sexual bent that bothers me, it is your religious thinking.

So you think that not being part of civilized society keeps Candell from talking for you? Ain't that something?
Roy,
Contrary to what you believe, your inability to understand the English language does not make your clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I think he meant it as a figure of speech. Just like when you tell someone to go f--k themselves. I don't think you literally mean that they engage in sexual intercourse with themselves. Or when you tell someone to **** up a rope. I really don't see what urinating on a rope vertically would for or against someone, but it is just an idiomatic figure of speech.
Since I wouldn't use any of these phrases, I must reiterate, that Pat Candell does not speak for me in this instance.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The full quote

Once again, Pat Condell does not speak for me.

Agreed.

Doesn't mean that I wish death upon them, as Pat Condell attempts to have me say.
I think that Condell speaks for the majority of us. He knows that not all of us think the way he does so you taking exception to him saying us is silly since he is just talking about the majority of us. Is it your atheist belief or something else that makes you so hard about this.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, I kinda agree with his observations. If Islam wants respect and tolerance, they should respect and show tolerance for others. Not "do as I say", but "do as I do".

Thinking that you can simply demand I respect you, without your respecting me is sophomoric at best, and asinine at worst.

MORONS
However, Mohammed did call for the deaths of all non-believers and that includes all Christians and most atheists since, even they, don't accept Islam.

The other day I heard a man say on TV that the Muslim brain just doesn't work like those of us in the West and that makes a lot of sense to me when I see them rioting because the US is so strict in defending our First Amendment rights.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
This is England, where Pat Condell lives, and the video illustrates how many Muslims treat their host country...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHszsGbBJQo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies