Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't eblieve in delimating marriage in the language at all. Its a union between a man and woman as its always beeen.No if i can't have it ;you can't issue at all to me.
delimating? Is that even a word in the English language?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 PM

73 posts, read 46,165 times
straightforward question:

what is the point of gays getting married anway?

1. no children possible

2. love is not a requirement for marriage anyway

3. all 'benefits' could be had with a lawyer anyway.

isn't it just a case of wanting to be the same only for the sake of it?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-law View Post

Straightforward answer. Probably for the same reasons straight couples want to get married.

Quote:

1. no children possible
According to the 2010 US census only about 50% of married couples were raising children.

Around a third of lesbian couples were raising children and almost a quarter of gay male couples were raising children

Only 23% of ALL households were married couples raising children,

Census Bureau Homepage

Quote:
Neither are children.

Quote:
No. They can't. There are approximately 1400 benefits that the United States government gives to couples in a heterosexual marriage. Lawyers can't do this.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Stop posting links to youtube videos that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Senseless and adds nothing to the debate currently going on.

Now contribute something worth while other than:

"LMAO! UM...uh...no!"

So are you saying you're unfit as a parent to raise your children to handle the issues that arise with life, homosexuality being one of them? I feel sorry for your kids - maybe Child Services needs to step in and move them to a better loving, more reliable household.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:06 PM

33,553 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-law View Post

1. no children possible

isn't it just a case of wanting to be the same only for the sake of it?
No.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Gay is gay....it doesn't matter if they are married or not. It's still not what I want my kids to see. Many unliberated couples feel the same way. Put your big girl panties and big boy shorts on and deal with it.
To see what?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 PM

It's time. - YouTube

Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I'll also add...instead of encouraging your kids to be gay, shouldn't you be encouraging them NOT to be?
Works that way everywhere else except for the radical left extremists back yards.
A responsible, reliable, and fit-to-be-head-of-household parent would raise their child with all the love and care in the world accepting them for who they are. They would also teach them how to tolerate and not be judgmental of others.

Though you're a shining example of parenting gone wrong and someone who's unfit to be a parent. I really think Child Services needs to get your kids away - you're unfit to raise them.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Of course, I already know the answer deep down.

It's very simple.

Homosexuals and their supporters will never accept unions that are not identicle to heterosexual unions.

The reason homosexuals want same-sex marriage is to normalize homosexuality by redefining marriage to include their sexual relationships.

The acid test for my theory is to take sex out of the equation.

Define civil unions to also include non-sexual relationships.

Allow any concenting adult to enter into a civil union with any other concenting adult for whatever reason they like.

If their relationship is a sexual one, fine.

If it is not and the participants are simply doing it for the benefits, that is also fine.

Do that and see how long homosexuals remain interested in civil unions.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
plain and simple the gay act cannot do anything but remark to the intentional extermination of the human race and therefore a logo in keeping with the dim intentional act is required, not a socially or fashionably recognizable contributory term, such as union or marriage.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies