Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM

62,995 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Try reading some of the leftist blogs. A more hateful, foaming at the mouth bunch you will never encounter. No civility whatsoever just constant insults, smear, exaggerations and lies about the right. If a rightie dares express their opinion contrary to theirs first they trash them and then ban them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
As someone who doesn't really give a rats @ss about political parties, I've disliked both the republican and democratic parties about the same over the years, for reasons I won't get into. But over the last decade I find myself disliking the right more than the left not because of right wing policies or politicians but because I'm just sick of listening to right wing voters scream and complain about everything. The left has always had those annoying college aged kids that protest about stuff they don't even know about and they also have the in your face black voters that protest at the drop of a hat as well but as a collective whole I feel most democrats are pretty tame even though I don't agree with a lot of their policies. The right on the other hand has gone completely bat$hit crazy over the last decade. They're worse than the flower kids from the 60's. It's as if the never shut up about anything and half the time the don't have even the slightest clue what they're talking about. They'll be screaming about how people have too many kids and then turn right around and complain about schools teaching sex ed or providing condoms. They’ll scream about how this country wastes too much money but turn around and scream about the president not sticking our nose into some other countries business and starting another trillion dollar war. It's got to be embarrassing for an educated and rational thinking guy like Mitt Romney to know that probably two thirds of his vote will come from people that don't even have a basic understanding of how our government works let alone any comprehension of things like basic economics, civics or u.s. history. What is the cause of all these stupid people suddenly having a loud obnoxious voice in politics. I wish we could go back to the Reagan era where conservative voters did their talking in the voting booths instead of ramming their hypocritical opinions down your throat 24/7.
Ohhhh come on now....you do give a rats arse or this wouldnt even be an issue with you. The right is far more quiet,,,say compared to the street scenes Occupy Wall street gives us or pick any anarchy group, or say the earth first warriors....you cant be serious,,,can you? How about Mathews when he goes off or Carvel? These are not quite people in my opinion. What you are speaks so loudly, one cannot hear a word you say.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
There's also something pernicious about the nature of radio propaganda, banjomike. Unlike other media, one listens to radio while preoccupied with other things, such as driving or working in a factory - one's full attention is elsewhere, so the radio message bypasses any conscious editing that might otherwise screen out irrational or questionable messages.
Yup. And a lot of work that's done out in the country, driving tractors, delivery and the like does not require a lot of high attention. It also requires long hours, so the radio really helps pass the time.

The tone of all the conservative talk radio is indeed pernicious. Michael Savage and the others had to out-hate Rush to keep that audience later in the day and into the evening. It all soaks in to a person's psyche after years of 10 hour days listening to nothing else.

And when a country boy has to go to town to make a living, his listening habits go with him.

Farming has had a lot of prolonged hard times everywhere for the past 20 years, and a lot of resentment, frustration and anger built up, even if Rush wasn't around. He just taught them how to express those emotions, and gave them a lot to be emotionally involved in. Natrually so. Anger is a much more satisfying emotion than despair.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
well obviously if I was content with the Reagan era than I was around for the bush era kid.

Think McFly THINK THINK! - YouTube
So I gather your party represents the union bully in this video? Good point ol chap.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Ohhhh come on now....you do give a rats arse or this wouldnt even be an issue with you. The right is far more quiet,,,say compared to the street scenes Occupy Wall street gives us or pick any anarchy group, or say the earth first warriors....you cant be serious,,,can you? How about Mathews when he goes off or Carvel? These are not quite people in my opinion. What you are speaks so loudly, one cannot hear a word you say.
I don't work on wall street or attend protests so those people are just a bunch of A-holes I see on the news. On the other hand I have to listen to loud mouth conservatives every day talking about how the world is going to hell in a hand bag.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Nor a "rat's @ss" about spacing either.
That's a big block of letters there and some won't read it due to that.
Just like me, not past the first sentence.

OMG WHO THE HELL CARES! - YouTube

Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Not you apparently.

I frequent a number of forums for years and many complain about it.
You should take me up on it.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Try reading some of the leftist blogs. A more hateful, foaming at the mouth bunch you will never encounter. No civility whatsoever just constant insults, smear, exaggerations and lies about the right. If a rightie dares express their opinion contrary to theirs first they trash them and then ban them.
If the righties 'dare'?
Oh, they have no problem 'daring'. Limbaugh made his fortune insulting, smearing, exaggerating and lieing about anything that even smacks of moderation. And, unlike almost all of us, has literally foamed at the mouth while doing so.

He taught the conservatives bad manners, day by day, and is still at it.

The liberals clung to civility for most of the 20 years that Limbaugh has spewed his daily dose of barbarism and hate. But there comes a time when even the most docile animal will bite back after too much abuse.

I heard no conservative complaints about Rush Limbaugh's verbal poison when it was all only one-sided. But as soon as the liberals and moderates started answering back, there sure was a lot of sniveling about how nasty they are, all of a sudden.

While it's out of the news these days, the boycott against the Limbaugh Show is still going on, and is still working. Just a few days ago, I ran into a local businessman, a friend of mine who had run ads on the show for decades. He said he dropped the show over a year ago because it no longer brought the traffic into his business that it once did.
My friend is conservative, but business is business. He advertises where his customers respond.

His thoughts are being repeated everywhere. Insults and hate speech no longer work, now that it's a two-sided affair. Once the conservatives lay off, so will the liberals. They didn't start it in the first place.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 PM

62,995 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If the righties 'dare'?
Oh, they have no problem 'daring'. Limbaugh made his fortune insulting, smearing, exaggerating and lieing about anything that even smacks of moderation. And, unlike almost all of us, has literally foamed at the mouth while doing so.

He taught the conservatives bad manners, day by day, and is still at it.

The liberals clung to civility for most of the 20 years that Limbaugh has spewed his daily dose of barbarism and hate. But there comes a time when even the most docile animal will bite back after too much abuse.

I heard no conservative complaints about Rush Limbaugh's verbal poison when it was all only one-sided. But as soon as the liberals and moderates started answering back, there sure was a lot of sniveling about how nasty they are, all of a sudden.

While it's out of the news these days, the boycott against the Limbaugh Show is still going on, and is still working. Just a few days ago, I ran into a local businessman, a friend of mine who had run ads on the show for decades. He said he dropped the show over a year ago because it no longer brought the traffic into his business that it once did.
My friend is conservative, but business is business. He advertises where his customers respond.

His thoughts are being repeated everywhere. Insults and hate speech no longer work, now that it's a two-sided affair. Once the conservatives lay off, so will the liberals. They didn't start it in the first place.
Is that all you've got is Limbaugh as an example of the entire right? As I said, visit some of the leftist blogs and forums and you will see exactly what I mean about the rabid left.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:07 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,907 times
The Democrats right now are just shell shocked. They are scared to death of the Republicans and especially Rush, Glenn and Sean. They are in hiding. Look how Obama was trembling and sweating while Willard mopped the floor with him in the debate. Obama is scared. Very scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies