Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
As someone who doesn't really give a rats @ss about political parties, I've disliked both the republican and democratic parties about the same over the years, for reasons I won't get into. But over the last decade I find myself disliking the right more than the left not because of right wing policies or politicians but because I'm just sick of listening to right wing voters scream and complain about everything. The left has always had those annoying college aged kids that protest about stuff they don't even know about and they also have the in your face black voters that protest at the drop of a hat as well but as a collective whole I feel most democrats are pretty tame even though I don't agree with a lot of their policies. The right on the other hand has gone completely bat$hit crazy over the last decade. They're worse than the flower kids from the 60's. It's as if the never shut up about anything and half the time the don't have even the slightest clue what they're talking about. They'll be screaming about how people have too many kids and then turn right around and complain about schools teaching sex ed or providing condoms. They’ll scream about how this country wastes too much money but turn around and scream about the president not sticking our nose into some other countries business and starting another trillion dollar war. It's got to be embarrassing for an educated and rational thinking guy like Mitt Romney to know that probably two thirds of his vote will come from people that don't even have a basic understanding of how our government works let alone any comprehension of things like basic economics, civics or u.s. history. What is the cause of all these stupid people suddenly having a loud obnoxious voice in politics. I wish we could go back to the Reagan era where conservative voters did their talking in the voting booths instead of ramming their hypocritical opinions down your throat 24/7.

If you think that 2/3 of Romneys voters are ignorant, then Obama's must be 90%. But, you're right about young college kids who will protest anything. People are fired up about this years election. I don't see how you aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, the republican party used to have guys like William F. Buckley out in front.

Now they have Limbaugh and all those "tough" guys like O'Rielly. Even pathetic dorks like Neil Boortz, Michael Savage and that goofy guy with the annoying voice that wrote the sappy book about his dog. All of them think they are tough. And lest we forget the "tough guy" smirk that Hannity has on when he is taking on a lib.

On the left I suppose Bill Maher is the equivalent of Rush. But about the only guy who might even come close to fitting in the "tough guy" category might be Eddie Schultz.
Yeah, that about sums it up. I don't know any liberals who sit around listening to talk radio frothing at the mouth at the amount of hate spewing over the airwaves. First, most don't listen to talk radio. We moved onto television in the 1960's.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Is that all you've got is Limbaugh as an example of the entire right? As I said, visit some of the leftist blogs and forums and you will see exactly what I mean about the rabid left.
He was the first to rise to prominence, and he created the model for the others who followed him, but I could go on with similar remarks about many others.
I regularly read blogs and forums on both sides. There are rabids in both, but I see far more dumb name calling and unfocused hate on the right. And the more extreme the blog, the worse it is.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:54 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The Democrats right now are just shell shocked. They are scared to death of the Republicans and especially Rush, Glenn and Sean. They are in hiding. Look how Obama was trembling and sweating while Willard mopped the floor with him in the debate. Obama is scared. Very scared.
There are meds available for this delusion.
The left is not shell shocked, and it is not afraid of the assorted radio gasbags. In fact, it's the other way around, after some effective boycotts stunned a few of the worst, who are now semi-civil some of the time.

But just keep telling yourself this is true. Then come back on Nov. 7th and try to claim it was so.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
As someone who doesn't really give a rats @ss about political parties, I've disliked both the republican and democratic parties about the same over the years, for reasons I won't get into. But over the last decade I find myself disliking the right more than the left not because of right wing policies or politicians but because I'm just sick of listening to right wing voters scream and complain about everything. The left has always had those annoying college aged kids that protest about stuff they don't even know about and they also have the in your face black voters that protest at the drop of a hat as well but as a collective whole I feel most democrats are pretty tame even though I don't agree with a lot of their policies. The right on the other hand has gone completely bat$hit crazy over the last decade. They're worse than the flower kids from the 60's. It's as if the never shut up about anything and half the time the don't have even the slightest clue what they're talking about. They'll be screaming about how people have too many kids and then turn right around and complain about schools teaching sex ed or providing condoms. They’ll scream about how this country wastes too much money but turn around and scream about the president not sticking our nose into some other countries business and starting another trillion dollar war. It's got to be embarrassing for an educated and rational thinking guy like Mitt Romney to know that probably two thirds of his vote will come from people that don't even have a basic understanding of how our government works let alone any comprehension of things like basic economics, civics or u.s. history. What is the cause of all these stupid people suddenly having a loud obnoxious voice in politics. I wish we could go back to the Reagan era where conservative voters did their talking in the voting booths instead of ramming their hypocritical opinions down your throat 24/7.
An empty kettle makes the most noise.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
He was the first to rise to prominence, and he created the model for the others who followed him, but I could go on with similar remarks about many others.
I regularly read blogs and forums on both sides. There are rabids in both, but I see far more dumb name calling and unfocused hate on the right. And the more extreme the blog, the worse it is.
So how many conservatives do you think follow Limbaugh? Most conservatives I know including myself have no use for him.

How about Jackson, Sharpton, etc. on your side? Pot, kettle, black.

Ha, you've got to be kidding. Yes, there are some rabids on the right but nothing like those on the left. It has actually made me ill reading their hate-filled blogs. The political forums in City Data are living proof of this. I have had to put many of those leftists on ignore the personal attacks and false accusations got so bad.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Lightbulb why is the right so much louder than the left?

Short answer:

They're a lot more angry and frightened.

ex: "I want my country back!"

Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
why is the right so much louder than the left?
More money, bigger mouths.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Short answer:

They're a lot more angry and frightened.

ex: "I want my country back!"
So being trillions in debt, our economy in the tubes with 23 million Americans out of work and our border security being completely lax with milions of illegal aliens taking over this country is not reason to be frightened or angry? Those are only a few of the issues that should cause fright and anger to any loyal American.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
More money, bigger mouths.
WTH does money have to do with it? There are no bigger mouths than on those of the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies