Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times

Advertisements

The "study" was probably conducted by liberals.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
then
why are you in favor of gay "marriage" ?
- Never said that I was in favor of gay marriage, I said civil legal unions which would give gay couples the same RIGHTS as hetereosexuals

why are you in favor of sex education in the school ?

Sex education is education about the reproductive system of man and the reprecussion of premarital sex such as veneral diseases and unwanted pregnancies. If child is taught about it there is a less chance they he/she would engage in risky sexual behavior. Many parents cannot talk about this to their children because they were not taught themselves or have some weird sexual/religious hang ups.

why are you in favor of making contraceptives more readily available?

Because if people willingly make the choice of having sex these precautions should be made available

why are you in favor of making abortions available (without guilt) to those who can't afford it?

Because if you don't they are going to have them anyway but they will not be safe and could possibly kill the mother. On top of that these unwanted children will not have to go through life unwanted and psychologically damaged

these things are all not following the principles of the Torah which "if more people lived by them many of our social ills would disappear"

This country is a multi-religious and multi-cultural society, what you or I believe might make it seem right to us, but everyone does not feel or believe in the same thing. It is not right that I or anyone else should try to force their beliefs on anyone else, no matter how good it may sound

these social ills that your in favor of have increased many other social ills in the communities that follow the principles of the Torah.
But but trying to control what someone else does through one's own eyes wouold only make it worst. The things that I beleive in are not societal ills, they are basically reactions to things that are happening around me. Homosexual unions are more of a constitutional right for everyone to be treated equally. Abortion is a moral issue between a woman and her God. Contraception and sex education are solutions to the abortion issue and revolve more around education verses ignorance.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:21 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
First of all what is considered to be education? You can have a formal education through college and trade schools, but you also can be educated through the prison system it is a matter of perspective.
that was my point. If the person who I originally responded to thinks the people in question aren't educated (who I don't listen to) then prove it by what they say, not by the fact that they don't have a bachelors degree.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
why are you in favor of sex education in the school ?

Sex education is education about the reproductive system of man and the reprecussion of premarital sex such as veneral diseases and unwanted pregnancies. If child is taught about it there is a less chance they he/she would engage in risky sexual behavior. Many parents cannot talk about this to their children because they were not taught themselves or have some weird sexual/religious hang ups.

why are you in favor of making contraceptives more readily available?

Because if people willingly make the choice of having sex these precautions should be made available
the fact that you teach kids the option to do risky behavior in a less risky way leads to some people doing things that they wouldn't do with out it.

I know with 100% certainty that these left wings agendas has led people in my community to do things that they with out them never would do.

PS I'm not responding to the rest because I feel it's to off topic for the moderators.

PPS though I'm glad to see you are against gay "marriage" even if you are in favor of it under another name (which still keeps many of it's negative effects) despite this comment.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post24397868

Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"Studies" show that "liberals" continue to post junk science with no analytical thought. There are multiple threads about each of these "studies."
A perfect example of the intellectual deficiencies that exists amongst conservatives.

An attack with nothing of substance to refute the assertion of the original post.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
A perfect example of the intellectual deficiencies that exists amongst conservatives.

An attack with nothing of substance to refute the assertion of the original post.
in order for these results to be meaningful we need to know a few other things
are conservative less likely to take an IQ test?
if smarter people are less likely to take IQ tests?
are liberal more likely to reveal the results of their IQ test (remember they have to self identify politically so they need to reveal both)
are smarter people less likely to reveal their IQ tests scores?
then we have to see if there's a difference between both smart liberals, and smart conservatives

I want to see sample size for this "study"

I think anyone who has an once of sense knows the answer to these questions.
and can boil it down to 1 simple question
are liberals more arrogant?

PS smart people don't tell other people their IQ scores
PPS my IQ score is

Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Is that article attempting to explain their leftist ideals of grabbing other people's money?

If they were that successful and intelligent and believed their own politics, then why aren't they dumping all their own wealth voluntarily into the treasury without pressing others to do so since this article seems to claim the 1% are them?
Reason is, the article is full of crap.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Junk science? How so?
Would science fiction be a better description?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
in order for these results to be meaningful we need to know a few other things
are conservative less likely to take an IQ test?
if smarter people are less likely to take IQ tests?
are liberal more likely to reveal the results of their IQ test (remember they have to self identify politically so they need to reveal both)
are smarter people less likely to reveal their IQ tests scores?
then we have to see if there's a difference between both smart liberals, and smart conservatives

I want to see sample size for this "study"

PS smart people don't tell other people their IQ scores
PPS my IQ score is
Confident people don't tell other people their IQ scores

Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,351 times
Quote:
I think the answer to that is clear when you look at all of the duplicate threads on this topic. Don't forget to throw in all of the various 'red states suck' threads that nicely complement the 'Conservatives are stupid' threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies