Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 08:04 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
WTF are you getting your information from stormfront university? So you mean to tell me if you took two boys both from the same parents one black and one white, the whiite one would excel and the black one would fail? Even if the schooling and upbringing were the same except that one was white and the other black? Do you know what the difference would be? how the black child would be treated outside of the home, which makes racism the deciding factor of your "statistics" which has nothing to do with intelligence

As for women it has been proven that women think on the opposite side of men but that does not make them any more or less intelligent than men.

How Male and Female Brains Differ - WebMD - Better information ...

yes, if you adopted a child from Haiti, a child from china and a child from Russia the child from Haiti is statistically more likely to have a lower IQ than the other two children even when raised in the same environment. That doesn't mean that would always be the case but we're talking averages here.
The point of my posts is to prove that people only want to accept science when it supports their views. It is true that conservatives by average have lower IQ's than liberals according to the statistics. But why is it the liberals have such a hard time accepting my statistics which are also true

As far as the sexes go, women have smaller brains.......................it's science sweetie.

They also are are more emotionally unstable and unable to handle the stresses of modern society because they were never meant to do more than raise children. This is why 1 in 3 women in this country are on antidepressants.

When you logically look at it you have to think that every language written, every mathematical hypothesis, every ocean crossed, every land discovered, every major scientific break threw was all because of a man. Can you name one thing in the history of everything that was thought of by a woman that actually matters

No, you can't

Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Just curious - do you speak like this in social settings too, or do you save these brain gems for the online arena only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
yes, if you adopted a child from Haiti, a child from china and a child from Russia the child from Haiti is statistically more likely to have a lower IQ than the other two children even when raised in the same environment. That doesn't mean that would always be the case but we're talking averages here.
The point of my posts is to prove that people only want to accept science when it supports their views. It is true that conservatives by average have lower IQ's than liberals according to the statistics. But why is it the liberals have such a hard time accepting my statistics which are also true

As far as the sexes go, women have smaller brains.......................it's science sweetie.

They also are are more emotionally unstable and unable to handle the stresses of modern society because they were never meant to do more than raise children. This is why 1 in 3 women in this country are on antidepressants.

When you logically look at it you have to think that every language written, every mathematical hypothesis, every ocean crossed, every land discovered, every major scientific break threw was all because of a man. Can you name one thing in the history of everything that was thought of by a woman that actually matters

No, you can't

Old 10-16-2012, 08:37 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
One of my favorite C-D posts from JennySquirrel back in 2009 after the 2008 Presidential election:

Thread: For Which Political Party Do The Undereducated Vote?

"We were told that the Rublicans were all old, uneducated, rednecks who live in trailers and the Democrats are brilliant, kind, young, educated and have the good jobs. This is what we were told during the campaign.

Now that the campaign is over, suddenly these old, uneducated, rednecks have somehow managed to leave their trailers and have taken over the executive jobs and are refusing to pay taxes to help the poor, sick, and uneducated Democrats.

I would think that if the Republicans were able to climb from the bowels of the economic ladder and take over the all the top positions, then they might be the ones that you want to ask how to fix the economy. We are being told Obama needs more time for us to see changes. Well look what the redneck Repubs were able to accomplish in just a couple months!

It is obvious that the Dems change the senerio depending what best suits them at the time."

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/600642-political-party-do-undereducated-vote-4.html"]//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ed-vote-4.html[/url]

Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
According to the Pew Research Center:

30% of social conservatives have incomes >75k, 28% have college degrees.

41% of liberals have incomes >75k, 49% have college degrees.
This compared social conservatives to Liberals, hardly an honest comparison. Social conservatives are more likely to live in poorer parts of the country and work in blue collar jobs that do not require a higher education. If you compare Liberals to fiscal/enterprise Conservatives, Liberals only enjoy a 2% college degree advantage.

Obviously, Liberals are going to be more educated than Conservatives due to the fact that most Liberal careers require a higher education, whereas working as a farmer, construction worker or coal miner do not require a degree.

Again, obviously Liberals are going to have higher incomes because they're more concentrated in cities where both incomes and the cost of living are higher. Is someone in CA making $100k really any further ahead than someone in KS making $70 when COL is taken into account?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Not my responsibility.
You were challenged.
You say there are studies, you provide them.
Or are there none?
I have studied the fact that these same studies have been posted multiple times and been exposed as junk multiple times. It didn't really require a study - just to notice that these things come up over and over without any consideration of their validity.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times
We know for a fact that this study is bogus.

Liberals will vote to re=elect Obama which proves they lack intellect.

Voting to re-elect Obama is like the Titanic back-up and running into the iceberg again.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Why do liberals constantly fund "studies" to prove how much smarter they are than everybody else?

Insecure much? lol

Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Why do liberals constantly fund "studies" to prove how much smarter they are than everybody else?

Insecure much? lol
Because they can not establish it empirically, only through statistical hokum. It follows the same line of "Those who can't do, teach".

Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
EDIT: I should have put this in originally. If you're a conservative who disagrees with the validity of the (enormous quantity of) studies, actually explain what is flawed in their methodology before blindly labeling them "junk science". Thanks.

Conservatives and Liberals Have Different Brains, Studies Show - ABC News
Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice - Yahoo! News

According to the Pew Research Center:

30% of social conservatives have incomes >75k, 28% have college degrees.

41% of liberals have incomes >75k, 49% have college degrees.

(in case if you searched it, somebody trolled the wikipedia page on the topic and messed up the figures, but wasn't smart enough to mess up the more in depth chart near the bottom)

And please understand the difference between Democrat/Republican and Liberal/Conservative. Republicans are on average actually more likely to have college degrees than Democrats (although I may be wrong on this), but as a subgroup, self identified Liberals are by far the most educated people in the United States, followed by libertarians.
I thought this was common sense? Look at metro areas: Boston, NYC, LA, LV, SF, DC, Chicago, Austin, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Honolulu. These are among the more desired metro areas to live in. They are typically expensive, have numerous colleges and universities, with diverse job markets that often require considerable education. Many people in areas in KY, MS, AL, LA, OH, WV, SC, TN, AR, OK, KS still live in a backward environment. These areas are also often depressed with little or no economic growth. Many of the young talent, often leave for a blue state. They are also typically among the cheapest states to live in as well (read: undesirable).

Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM

775 posts, read 741,232 times
I love how conservatives desperately line up to dismiss my evidence as "bogus", but never quite explain how or why, except with hilarious circular logic like "liberals are dumb because Obama is a liberal and liberals are dumb".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies