Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
so because they do not believe in the things that you do that means they are stupid? Just because someone would rather spend his time off fishing and drinking with his buddies instead of looking at what people call art these days, means nothing other then they understand fun. When people would rather go camping in the woods alone then going to a jazz festival, that does not make them stupid, but instead they enjoy something many are scared to even try.

Years ago I seen a movie, I do not remember which one it was, but they said something very telling. Depending on where you are standing at that very moment everybody can either be a genius or an idiot. I will not tell my IQ, but it is sufficient enough to have been recruited to join a certain organization, I am pretty damn book smart, however put me in the wrong scenarios and I look like the biggest fool out there, ask me to change a head gasket on a car, grease a tractor, drive a semi, put up a tent, and I am in serious trouble.

Enjoying the simple things in life, and working hard does not mean that someone does not have brains, even if they did not do well in school or dropped out at a young age. It just means that they have other priorities in life. Truth is some of the smartest people I have met can barely read and write, but they can drive a semi, they can drill that oil you use in your car, the can build you a house with straight walls and a good roof. They are also smart enough to hire accountants and bookkeepers to makes sure their net income is as little as possible.

Many of those same people are conservatives, because they are tired of the government taxing them to pay for those people who refuse to work, they are tired of government rules and regulations deciding what they can and cannot do, and are tired of hearing how someone needs the government help to do something. Most of these guys make $40-50-60 thousand a year, through their blood and sweat, and the get or take no hand outs, making them more then a little pissed off when they are paying taxes that go to people that refuse to work anywhere close to as hard as they have since the day after they graduated or quit school.

Most I know also do not mind helping someone with a hand up, or taking care of those with disabilities, or the elderly, but if you are healthy and can work, they will help you get a job, and maybe even give you the shirt off the back or gas money to get there, but that is about all because that is about the most they ever got, and if they can do it so should you.

Maybe they do not do as well as you or others do on that stupid test, but I guarantee you cannot spend a week doing their job. Maybe they do not enjoy the things you do, but I tell you most of them are very happy with their overall life, and do not care if you like them. Maybe they believe in religion, but I have yet to have one say anything to me about not going to church. At the end of the day I would rather be associated with this type of person as opposed to those that go to college for 10 years, make a little more money, and are always worried about impressing everybody else and worry about what I do with my money and time.

I do want to add something. Occupational intelligence is alot different than being uneducated. The jobs that can make that type of money are decreasing and the people that presently hold them got them through connections and years of sweat and tears. These are the same people that cannot understand that because many of them may have had something in common (such as skin color or religion) the doors may have opened for them a little easier and cannot understand why others do not share the same opportunities and nor do they want to hear why that is so either.

The probelm is that the two extremes will not agree on anything and the moderates are ignored completely.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
"Studies show" that studies can show whatever the studier wants them to.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I agree with the this post because those statistics are infact true, but did you know that Statistically blacks are far less intelligent than whites or Asians and that women are less intelligent than men too. You can argue all you want but there is a ton of scientific research that backs those statistics up. Blacks also cause way more car accidents than whites. Why don’t I get a discount on my auto insurance for being white?
WTF are you getting your information from stormfront university? So you mean to tell me if you took two boys both from the same parents one black and one white, the whiite one would excel and the black one would fail? Even if the schooling and upbringing were the same except that one was white and the other black? Do you know what the difference would be? how the black child would be treated outside of the home, which makes racism the deciding factor of your "statistics" which has nothing to do with intelligence

As for women it has been proven that women think on the opposite side of men but that does not make them any more or less intelligent than men.

How Male and Female Brains Differ - WebMD - Better information ...

Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If liberals are more affluent, why do they give so little to charity?
Is Bill Gates a liberal? He definitely leans left.

He's a very good, caring man who gives more money to charity every year than any other person in the country.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:03 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
And? So what? Even if this is true, so? It still does not mean your policies are better for the country and/or better for the world.

You make more money then me? Good. GIVE it to the government, so I don't have too. You won't, of course, you want your liberal ideals and you want someone else to pay for them.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If you guys are so smart how come its the stupid Repubs that own everything and have all the money? At least according to the class-warfare rhetoric spewing from Obama today.

Must really tick you off that a bunch of stupid old white guys control all the wealth while you brainiacs work at Starbucks and dream of a new Huffy.
Please, not a Huffy. A Trek.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Is Bill Gates a liberal? He definitely leans left.

He's a very good, caring man who gives more money to charity every year than any other person in the country.
ok , there is one out of 175 million. Naming 150 should be easy.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:48 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,732,114 times
Didnt read the entire thread. In fact I only read the opening post, as it and the OP's user name is all that is necessary to come to the realization that the study, and it's conclusions are...science fiction.

YC.......

Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,323,493 times
College is also too expensive nowaday. Look at all the news reports of college students leaving school with thousands of dollars in debt and still without a job. Many of them are still unmarried and live at home at past 25. I mean, look at how immature a lot of college students act. I even know 20 something electricians who make more money and are further ahead in life than than 20 somethings who went to "college".

There are lots of jobs people can get without college degrees and there are also lots of people with degrees but lack common sense. People can be very successful in life without a piece of paper. If you were all so educated because you have a college degree and all, you should know this.

I'm not going to a university as I can't afford it and I don't want to spend 50,000 dollars on a stupid piece of paper and be in debt for the rest of my life and also delay having children because of this. The furthest I'm going to go is get my AA degree which I'll be getting next May or so. Also, when I had my IQ tested last year, it was around 110, which is higher than the "very liberal" average, so this is proof that not all conservatives are stupid.

As for affluency, money isn't everything in life. Yes, the higher your income, the happier you are but then there's a certain cut off point which I think is about $75,000 or so. I know poor people who are very happy and wealthy people who aren't.

Last edited by 90sman; 10-16-2012 at 06:44 AM..

Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can't wait to read some posts about this from the right wing rabble.

Statistical hokum. /shrug

Go ahead, read the methodology of each research paper they use. Typical garbage from epidemiological studies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies