Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,682,796 times

Advertisements

It's funny how some conservatives are decrying this study and labeling it "junk science" when they wouldn't mind taking studies linking race and IQ as legit. You can't have it both ways. Don't pick and choose which study to use meta analysis on.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
It's funny how some conservatives are decrying this study and labeling it "junk science" when they wouldn't mind taking studies linking race and IQ as legit. You can't have it both ways. Don't pick and choose which study to use meta analysis on.
Why not the left does it all the time.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
For the results, use the search feature.
Not my responsibility.
You were challenged.
You say there are studies, you provide them.
Or are there none?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
And yet these self proclaimed educated, intelligent liberals keep electing people like Obama, Reid, Pelosi, run California into the ground, double the national debt in a year and yet still claim to be completely powerless vs Republicans even when in control of all 3 branches of government.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'll just send my degrees back and perform a self-lobotomy to adhere to the OP stereotype. I'll also tell the Navy they made a mistake with my commission and flight training. I'll also alert the various entities I consult with in developing their emergency plans.

That reminds me. I have always wanted to know why the majority of commissioned officers were republicans meanwhile the majority of the enlisted were democrats?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:26 PM

[quote=Riverboat Gambler;26523461]I agree!

Cobra car chase - YouTube

I'm confused, what does have to do with the conversation?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The ghetto Liberal hood rat is just as ignorant as the blue collar Southern man that continues to vote Republican while they are the ones sending their jobs to China.

Now I have to say, I can't think of many Conservative people out there who are highly intelligent- I think Mark Levin is a very smart Conservative but he was still brainwashed with some of this Republican partisan crap.

Some of the most important Republican/Conservative spokespeople don't even have college degrees: Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. Why should I listen to someone who is not even educated?
Good point

Conservative 0
Liberals 1

Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,676 times
I agree with the this post because those statistics are infact true, but did you know that Statistically blacks are far less intelligent than whites or Asians and that women are less intelligent than men too. You can argue all you want but there is a ton of scientific research that backs those statistics up. Blacks also cause way more car accidents than whites. Why don’t I get a discount on my auto insurance for being white?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
They don't believe in education. The far right wing Christians don't believe in science and have little use for the humanities. They want to deregulate everything (free country and all that), don't care about others in legitimate need, could care less about our environment (polar caps? what polar caps? what toxins in the water, wink wink), and could care less about the arts and funding socially conscious programs. They are against public television and public radio, so that ells you a lot about how educated they are. It's kind of a "me and mine" world.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Uh, Republican political ideology and its dominance in the South has lead to a ton of jobs, including a ton of INSOURCED manufacturing jobs - foreign companies have been courted hear to set up shop and provide good jobs. An entire new auto industry has been created. Airbus recently announced it will be building its first US plant in Alabama. See, globalization is a two-way road. However, we have to be business friendly for companies to come here. If you choke-collar them with overregulation and greedy unions, they will just go to Monterrey, NL or other places in Mexico if they want to be closer to our market. Perhaps those voting Republican see these jobs coming here and see the Southern cities that have exploded with growth and that's why they make their choice. Ever think of that?
I noticed that they are more then willing to go to states that have limited union involvement which means an increase of discrimination and low wage practices. This in turn keeps people in the low working class with no hopes of moving up the economic ladder of success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies