Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:33 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Studies also show that liberals are ironically far less likely to do really stupid things like drop out of high school, marry young, become teenaged parents and divorce. We nurture our kids, provide them with access to birth control information, give them a future, tell them go to college and let them read more than the bible.

Hardly surprising. It's Chelsea Clinton vs. Bristol Palin. Any honest parent would tell you in five seconds which one they would rather parent.
Yes, but to continue along the lines of the original post, Chelsea has also had the gift of having two parents with high intelligence quotients while Bristol was saddled with at least one with a below average intelligence quotient. I agree that "nurture" is very important, but let's not discount "nature," either.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM

775 posts, read 740,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Education and affluence breeds liberalism on social issues which then define the rest of your politics.

When 80+% of college freshmen who are religious become athest/agnostic/irreligious and liberal by college graduation that says something about the indoctrination going on at our universities.
That's one possibility. The more obvious and supportable one is that education naturally leads to lowered religious beliefs.

It's not as though IQ, which also favors liberals, can be indoctrinated by a Marxist professor. Your argument is incoherent.

Quote:
I will admit liberals generally have more book smarts and their idealism sounds great, but they lack common sense about the nature of humans and how what looks good on paper might work well in a perfect world but when put into practice is nearly always a colossal failure.
If liberals have better "book smarts" then conservatives, why does the latter think its alleged "street smarts" are relevant to climate science or evolution?

If conservatives have better "common sense", why do red states have more teen pregnancies? Is this their abundance of "street smarts" playing out?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"Studies" show that "liberals" continue to post junk science with no analytical thought. There are multiple threads about each of these "studies."
Care to post your studies?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:39 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Care to post your studies?
For the results, use the search feature.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Studies also show that liberals are ironically far less likely to do really stupid things like drop out of high school, marry young, become teenaged parents and divorce. We nurture our kids, provide them with access to birth control information, give them a future, tell them go to college and let them read more than the bible.

Hardly surprising. It's Chelsea Clinton vs. Bristol Palin. Any honest parent would tell you in five seconds which one they would rather parent.
Then why are most welfare folks Democrats ?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then why are most welfare folks Democrats ?
Most democrats aren't liberals.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
EDIT: I should have put this in originally. If you're a conservative who disagrees with the validity of the (enormous quantity of) studies, actually explain what is flawed in their methodology before blindly labeling them "junk science". Thanks.

Conservatives and Liberals Have Different Brains, Studies Show - ABC News
Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice - Yahoo! News

According to the Pew Research Center:

30% of social conservatives have incomes >75k, 28% have college degrees.

41% of liberals have incomes >75k, 49% have college degrees.

(in case if you searched it, somebody trolled the wikipedia page on the topic and messed up the figures, but wasn't smart enough to mess up the more in depth chart near the bottom)

And please understand the difference between Democrat/Republican and Liberal/Conservative. Republicans are on average actually more likely to have college degrees than Democrats (although I may be wrong on this), but as a subgroup, self identified Liberals are by far the most educated people in the United States, followed by libertarians.
The liberals disprove the above by not being able to discern what a disaster BO showed himself to be even before the 2008 election and by the policies they have supported since FDR (and sporatically before that).

I suggest that wherever those self-identified Liberals received their education those who believe in the Constitution and America stay far away from such disastrous education.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:47 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
I'll just send my degrees back and perform a self-lobotomy to adhere to the OP stereotype. I'll also tell the Navy they made a mistake with my commission and flight training. I'll also alert the various entities I consult with in developing their emergency plans.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'll just send my degrees back and perform a self-lobotomy to adhere to the OP stereotype.
Apparently, the fact that liberals are more likely to hold college degrees presupposes that no conservatives hold college degrees.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Apparently, the fact that liberals are more likely to hold college degrees presupposes that no conservatives hold college degrees.
Which is how you and subsequent posters framed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies