Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM

490 posts, read 650,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
By the same 'logic' presumably you will vote to relect the conservative, religious-right Texas governor, who is anathema to Pres. Obama.

Fail.
Umm no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Republicans get angry when they see liberals, gays or people of color succeed. Its because Republicans are either rich elitists who don't want "common people" moving up or are jealous of successful people when they live in a trailer park and eat baloney sandwiches and live on welfare. That type prefers to scapegoat minorities and celebrities.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Maybe because they aren't good friends.

Sent from my laptop computer using my keyboard.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The question is, did Obama have anything to do with your current state of well-being? I highly doubt it.

It seems like your viewpoint is simply coincidental. It would be like someone winning the lottery a month ago saying "Why should I vote against Obama, since I won the lottery while he was president?"

You should look beyond yourself, look at the people around you, see if they have had the same luck as yourself. And ask yourself if Obama or Romney has the experience, knowledge, and skills to make the country in general as content as yourself.

Ask yourself what kind of country you want to live in. Ask yourself if society is becoming more like you believe it should be, or if we are heading in the wrong direction.

Reagan tied one's well-being (presumably financial) to the presidency with his "Are you better off today than you were four years ago?" when he ran against Jimmy Carter.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Republicans get angry when they see liberals, gays or people of color succeed. Its because Republicans are either rich elitists who don't want "common people" moving up or are jealous of successful people when they live in a trailer park and eat baloney sandwiches and live on welfare. That type prefers to scapegoat minorities and celebrities.
LOL what a bunch of Malarky
Farmers all live in trailers? Military people all live in trailers?
No republicans get angry when they are singled out and told they need to give more to the have nots. Not because they receive more in services, or somehow were given this money for free, but because they don't deserve to have it.
I am an Ind. I get where the Rep are coming from. I have skimped and saved my entire life so that I can have a good retirement. Why should I be expected to be happy about paying more in taxes so that others who were less ambitious or less willing to sacrifice can be rewarded?
More to the point why should anyone be expected to pay more until the fed cuts every cent of waste out of the budget first? yeah that means an end to the $16 muffin parties.
LOL I know just a drop in the bucket. Too bad the bucket is the size of lake erie and its over flowing.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL what a bunch of Malarky
Farmers all live in trailers? Military people all live in trailers?
No republicans get angry when they are singled out and told they need to give more to the have nots. Not because they receive more in services, or somehow were given this money for free, but because they don't deserve to have it.
I am an Ind. I get where the Rep are coming from. I have skimped and saved my entire life so that I can have a good retirement. Why should I be expected to be happy about paying more in taxes so that others who were less ambitious or less willing to sacrifice can be rewarded?
More to the point why should anyone be expected to pay more until the fed cuts every cent of waste out of the budget first? yeah that means an end to the $16 muffin parties.
LOL I know just a drop in the bucket. Too bad the bucket is the size of lake erie and its over flowing.
When did anyone say that Repblicans, and Republicans only need to give more to the have nots? Or is it your opinion that only Republicans are well off.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
That things are better for me than anytime in my life? I'm 50, live in Dallas, and I feel like I have finally reached the stage in my life where I don't go to bed each night with money worries. Rich? Hell no! Comfortable and secure? Yes, I feel so. I've felt this way for maybe the last 3 years. No knock on Mr. Bush at all, but I was downsized twice in his 8 years. So when my Republican buddies ask how things are going they almost want to argue that I can't be doing OK. I make no bones that I plan to vote for Obama. Why shouldn't I? Things are fine for me and I have people say, "Four more years of Obama and you won't be". So why should I vote against him on what to me at this moment is a theory that 4 more years i'll be in ruins?

0bama added 15 million people to the Food Stamp rolls in less then 4 years, that's over 300,000 people each month added to Food Stamps, living in poverty, and in the most desperate time of their life. Our economy and job growth this year has grown less then it did last year, and less then it did the year before. A very few will find their lives getting better, but that is just the way life is sometimes. You can be selfish, and vote for your own sake, but no country adds 15 million people, 5% of their population into poverty in four short years, and shrugs it off as a good thing.

Thank god for Food Stamps, and Welfare, and WIC, they are the safety net to catch people during desperate times. But 0bama has added 15 million people into poverty, we are at a fifty year high, for Americans living in poverty. That is the reality of a four year 0bama presidency. So go ahead, and view the lives of everyone else thru your rose-colored 0bamaville glasses, but the reality is 46 million people are suffering after his policies went into effect.

SNAP Monthly Data
Record U.S. Poverty Rate Holds As Inequality Grows - Businessweek

obamaville

Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
That things are better for me than anytime in my life? I'm 50, live in Dallas, and I feel like I have finally reached the stage in my life where I don't go to bed each night with money worries. Rich? Hell no! Comfortable and secure? Yes, I feel so. I've felt this way for maybe the last 3 years. No knock on Mr. Bush at all, but I was downsized twice in his 8 years. So when my Republican buddies ask how things are going they almost want to argue that I can't be doing OK. I make no bones that I plan to vote for Obama. Why shouldn't I? Things are fine for me and I have people say, "Four more years of Obama and you won't be". So why should I vote against him on what to me at this moment is a theory that 4 more years i'll be in ruins?

Do you really expect us to believe you have these conversations? Please, we are not idiots here.

Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Umm no.

ummm no? So you contravene your own logic? That if you prosper under a given political leader, he has your vote?

sent from my logic circuitry using logic talk.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:

So you vote for candidates, not on the issues or based on what's best for our country, but on your personal comfort level, and "what's in it for you?"

This attitude is how we've gotten into the mess we're in now. It seems that many people don't vote on principle as much as how they think they alone will personally benefit.

It's really a pity.

Sent from my laptop via my fingertips as my dogs lay at my feet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies