Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is very true. They have a sense of entitlement and believe that certain types should be a permanent part of the underclass. Sadly, I have stories for days that are proof of this phenomenon.
That's funny - I have stories for days that are proof of the phenomenon that liberals are jealous of my family's hard earned wealth, and think that we somehow became wealthy only by taking from others and by being greedy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That's funny - I have stories for days that are proof of the phenomenon that liberals are jealous of my family's hard earned wealth, and think that we somehow became wealthy only by taking from others and by being greedy!
Sorry but mine are actually based in truth and not random ramblings in some sort of game of "one ups" or "I can top that"

Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

The question is, did Obama have anything to do with your current state of well-being? I highly doubt it.
And I hope not.
Sitting around waiting for any president to pull jobs out of his butt and rescue you is not likely to have a good outcome for a majority of people.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I guess your friends values revolve around the allmighty buck and are jealous of you....

Sent from my Windows 8 laptop using Firefox 16
He's the one voting for Obama because he says things are better than ever for him, sounds more like he is the one who's values revolve around the almighty dollar. Maybe his friends care more for the rest of the country and less about themselves.

Financially I'm making more than ever before too, but it sure isn't because of anything Obama has done. I know according to him I didn't do anything to earn or deserve more, it's all because of big brother.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That debt is the result of Bush's tax policies. Under President Obama new spending was lower than any time under Bush. If you don't like the 5 trillion debt, why would you go back to those failed polices and add another 5 trillion of debt under Romney?
Actually Obama and his policies have doubled it, inspite of 1 war ending.
Has Obama cut the Military our biggest expense? Not as yet.
I do agree with his deportation of illegals convicted of crimes. The only problem is that he ignores the many committing ID fraud and tax evasion.
He also ignores gov waste.
He has also made some very bad investments with our money. How much did he invest in solar power of his own money before becoming President?
My point is his practices and policies have only created more debt.
Getting involved in Libya's civil war???? Now sniffing around in Syria??
I hate to admit it but Romney was right about 1 thing in particular in the first debate.
If we need to borrow the money to pay for it it better be a do or die neccesity.
He took credit for the gas industry today.. All started before him. He doesnt own that.
He has no issue blamming Bush for bad things and taking credit for things he didnt do. In regards to gas and oil his EPA has been described as obstructionist to the point of fasifying evidence.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
yeah that means an end to the $16 muffin parties.
LOL I know just a drop in the bucket. Too bad the bucket is the size of lake erie and its over flowing.
The actual price was $14.29 per person per day, and included breakfast and rental fees for the workshop space and conference rooms which is darn cheap for DC.

I get your point....just sayin...

Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes, he does. He posts it on thread after thread.

Sent from my Dell laptop using my brain...unlike certain other posters
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Do you actually believe this tripe?

Sent from outer space by little green men who have captured my essence in a small, gold-veined bottle

Riiiight...if you're not a millionaire and stupid enough to vote for Romney, you're incapable of reason. Conservatives aren't bright people, they're lead from the nose by FOX News and Limbaugh, note theres no liberal equivalent of Rush to deliver talking points to the left. Best insult you can come up with is that I'm a spaceman or cowardly mocking me and not quoting me like afoigrokerkok

Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That debt is the result of Bush's tax policies. Under President Obama new spending was lower than any time under Bush. If you don't like the 5 trillion debt, why would you go back to those failed polices and add another 5 trillion of debt under Romney?
So it is Bush's fault for the failed stimulus plus Obama wants to do another and probably another after that.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You need to find out how "people of color" are doing under Obama. Look up the unemployment of black youth and the black community overall. Obama has moved more people into trailer parks and eating baloney sandwiches and living on welfare than the other president.
I'm sure our economy would've been wonderful with John "bomb Iran" McCain at the helm. How did conservatives get the belief that the economy was robust and strong before Obama and he singlehandedly wrecked it? FOX News and Rush do some serious Inception-style memory killing on the righties

Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Riiiight...if you're not a millionaire and stupid enough to vote for Romney, you're incapable of reason. Conservatives aren't bright people, they're lead from the nose by FOX News and Limbaugh, note theres no liberal equivalent of Rush to deliver talking points to the left. Best insult you can come up with is that I'm a spaceman or cowardly mocking me and not quoting me like afoigrokerkok
Well, look at what polls and exit polls say about who is planning to vote for who/who voted for who in past elections.

Romney Edges Obama in Battle for Middle-Income Voters

House Exit Polls - Election Results 2010 - The New York Times (notice the Democrats did their best among high school dropouts and the Republicans did their best among college graduates, though Democrats narrowly won those with education beyond a Bachelor's degree; as far as income - notice the Democrats did the best among those making less than $30,000 per year, those most likely to be on welfare)

BTW - there are plenty of liberals who deliver talking points.

It must absolutely suck to hate everyone who dares to disagree with you politically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies