Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Do you really expect us to believe you have these conversations? Please, we are not idiots here.

Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Sent from my mind using my magical powers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Republicans get angry when they see liberals, gays or people of color succeed. Its because Republicans are either rich elitists who don't want "common people" moving up or are jealous of successful people when they live in a trailer park and eat baloney sandwiches and live on welfare. That type prefers to scapegoat minorities and celebrities.
Do you actually believe this tripe?

Sent from outer space by little green men who have captured my essence in a small, gold-veined bottle

Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Do you actually believe this tripe?
Yes, he does. He posts it on thread after thread.

Sent from my Dell laptop using my brain...unlike certain other posters

Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Republicans get angry when they see liberals, gays or people of color succeed. Its because Republicans are either rich elitists who don't want "common people" moving up or are jealous of successful people when they live in a trailer park and eat baloney sandwiches and live on welfare. That type prefers to scapegoat minorities and celebrities.

You need to find out how "people of color" are doing under Obama. Look up the unemployment of black youth and the black community overall. Obama has moved more people into trailer parks and eating baloney sandwiches and living on welfare than the other president.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:34 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
About the "sent from...." - when I send e-mails from my iPhone, they end with "sent from my iPhone." Many of the e-mails I receive end with "sent from my iPhone," "sent from my iPad," "sent from my Blackberry," etc.

I'm sure many of you also send and receive e-mails daily that end with "sent from...".

I'm sure it's the same sort of thing and cecilsav is not simply typing that.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a republican. I think it is great that you are doing well. I hope that all Americans do better financially than they are doing now.

Unfortunately, Obama is not the pathway to prosperity, but is part of the problem. A nation does not improve its wealth and prosperity through higher taxes, more regulations, and more litigation. In spite of your individual relative prosperity, the balance of the nation is suffering from the policies which Obama has instituted.

This is not a republican/democratic problem- it is one of fiscal policy and competence in leading the nation back to prosperity and reducing debt. Obama is clearly not the man for that job.
Sorry to disappoint you but the OP's situation is not unique. I am also better off today than I was four years ago. I am making more money at my current job than I did at my previous job. My small business on the side is making money. I am earning a Masters degree which I will use to make even more money. My bank accounts and investments are much healthier. And ALL of my friends are doing quite well financially also. So I am not seeing this supposed misery of an Obama administration that the right wants everyone to believe.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
We are doing ok but we certainly made sure what extra money we had we plugged into our mortgage to pay off our house. We now have no debt and those who are not planning for the crap to hit the fan are going to have a rude awakening when inflation hits. And it will hit if Obama keeps spending our country into bankrupcy.

We can't afford 4 more years of Obama spending. Just how huge does he want our national debt to be. He will add 5 trillion in the next 4 years like he did in the last. Bet on it.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
This is very true. They have a sense of entitlement and believe that certain types should be a permanent part of the underclass. Sadly, I have stories for days that are proof of this phenomenon.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
We are doing ok but we certainly made sure what extra money we had we plugged into our mortgage to pay off our house. We now have no debt and those who are not planning for the crap to hit the fan are going to have a rude awakening when inflation hits. And it will hit if Obama keeps spending our country into bankrupcy.

We can't afford 4 more years of Obama spending. Just how huge does he want our national debt to be. He will add 5 trillion in the next 4 years like he did in the last. Bet on it.
That debt is the result of Bush's tax policies. Under President Obama new spending was lower than any time under Bush. If you don't like the 5 trillion debt, why would you go back to those failed polices and add another 5 trillion of debt under Romney?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_texwalker View Post
You are neither more ambitious nor more willing to sacrifice than others. This is more "bubble talk."
And yet I have more than those with their hands out. I never collected a dime in assistance, unemployment or food stamps. I did work as many as 3 part time jobs at a given time. I have never failed to put money in my retirement. Even if it was only a few bucks.

Finally how do you know what my sacrices have been?
I can assume they have sacrificed less and have less ambition based on the fact they need and I dont. I have no sugar daddy, no special connections. What i do have and in abundance is energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies