Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Apparently, as long as these sexaholic, democrat women only vote with their "lady parts," they will vote for anyone who promises to force others to pay for their free birth control pills and condoms.
The liberals always use scare tactics on the democrats , especially women and yet it is the dems who say we use the scare tactics.. as if when Romney gets elected all laws go out the window.. all welfare checks stop and food stamps are a memory.. this is probably what they tell them over there at the wacko tv stations with Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews , and Rachel Maddow giving their off the wall spin. And the dumb ones lap it up as usual.. one day they will question it all and grow a brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The big difference between the liberal women like you and the Republican women is you say the democrats opened your doors, the Republican women opened their OWN DOORS! They DON'T NEED government to give them birth control and rule their every need.. they are strong and don't need the government.
No. I'm saying "WE" liberal women opened our doors (for ourselves and ALL WOMEN, including conservative women) by getting laws enacted and changed. WE liberal women ARE the Democrats. Your "Republican women" wouldn't even have the right to VOTE without liberal WOMEN. Btw, there was no birth control pill in the 1920s. Obviously you have almost zero factual information about the history of women's rights and the LACK THEREOF. You're just listening to far right wing talking points and to "preachers."

Give me just ONE EXAMPLE of Republican women "opening their own doors" that didn't involve government in some way, including changing and/or passing laws. Just ONE.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
The liberals always use scare tactics on the democrats , especially women and yet it is the dems who say we use the scare tactics.. as if when Romney gets elected all laws go out the window.. all welfare checks stop and food stamps are a memory.. this is probably what they tell them over there at the wacko tv stations with Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews , and Rachel Maddow giving their off the wall spin. And the dumb ones lap it up as usual.. one day they will question it all and grow a brain.
We "liberal" women ARE DEMOCRATS. "We" liberal women are involved in politics and we help make and change laws. We have a good factual knowledge base regarding the history of women's struggle for equal rights. We are the ones who tell the truth. And you call us "dumb" when you, according to your posts, seem to demonstrate a lot of ignorance regarding something as simple as HISTORY about women? I'd say that some posters are so narrow in their thinking and so small in their factual knowledge base that they could not distinguish between truth and "spin" if it were a Mack truck barreling down on them as they stood motionless in the street.

Btw, do you think ALL LIBERALS and ALL DEMOCRATS have to rely on food stamps and whatever you mean by "welfare checks"....??? Just because we are still capable of compassion and concern for our fellow citizens and want to have social safety nets for people in need, does not mean that ALL LIBERALS and ALL DEMOCRATS need those public assistance programs. Your bias and prejudice is glaringly obvious.

Again, give us ONE, JUST ONE EXAMPLE, of "Republican women" opening "their own" doors which didn't involved government and laws, enacting or changing laws.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No. I'm saying "WE" liberal women opened our doors (for ourselves and ALL WOMEN, including conservative women) by getting laws enacted and changed. WE liberal women ARE the Democrats. Your "Republican women" wouldn't even have the right to VOTE without liberal WOMEN. Btw, there was no birth control pill in the 1920s. Obviously you have almost zero factual information about the history of women's rights and the LACK THEREOF. You're just listening to far right wing talking points and to "preachers."

Give me just ONE EXAMPLE of Republican women "opening their own doors" that didn't involve government in some way, including changing and/or passing laws. Just ONE.
Wow, I have many rights and I didn't get them from the government as you espouse. It is my inalienable rights given to me by my creator. If you want to live under the government and they give you your rights that is your choice. I think differently.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Wow, I have many rights and I didn't get them from the government as you espouse. It is my inalienable rights given to me by my creator. If you want to live under the government and they give you your rights that is your choice. I think differently.
Sorry dear, but god did not give you the right to vote in the US.
Make sure to thank a liberal woman as you exit your local polling location on 11/2 for that one.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:

So, you believe "your creator" gives you the right to vote?

Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
You certainly got your right to vote from the government.

So, tell us why your "creator" didn't give your/our gender the right to vote in this country until 1920???

Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you live in this country, YOU live "under this government"....see how that 19th Amendment is in the Constitution, but prior to August of 1920 it was NOT in the Constitution?

The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America. The first three Articles of the Constitution establish the rules and separate powers of the three branches of the federal government: a legislature, the bicameral Congress; an executive branch led by the President; and a federal judiciary headed by the Supreme Court. The last four Articles frame the principle of federalism. The Tenth Amendment confirms its federal characteristics.
The Constitution was adopted on September 17, 1787, by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and ratified by conventions in eleven states. It went into effect on March 4, 1789.[1]

United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently "your creator" did not see women's right to vote as one of your "inalienable rights" until 1920 and with the help of a LOT of WOMEN. Plus, seems to me that back when this was written, the word men meant only MALES, so probably no one considered women "equals."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

United States Declaration of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-19-2012, 04:45 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many mammograms will you be allowed to have under Obamacare? Just half of what the American Cancer Society says all women over 50 should have and aftr 74 none. Now which part of your body gets cancer more often, the breasts or the vagina?
Please direct me to the text of the Affordable Health Care Act that delineates how many mammograms women over 50 will be allowed to have.

As a matter of fact, the guidelines containing new recommendations re mammograms was released by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, a group of experts that periodically reviews the scientific justification for clinical preventive services.
Quote:
Thus, even though the task force review of mammography guidelines had been completed during the George W. Bush administration, a line was drawn in the public’s mind to health-care rationing proposed under “Obamacare.” In Mammogram Debate, Politics Trounces Science - Bloomberg
Google is your friend, Roy - do your research before you post.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Sorry dear, but god did not give you the right to vote in the US.
Make sure to thank a liberal woman as you exit your local polling location on 11/2 for that one.
Susan B. Anthony, credited with leading the way for women voting, was arrested in 1872 for casting a ballot.

By the way, she proudly told people she voted a straight Republican ticket.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

Again, give us ONE, JUST ONE EXAMPLE, of "Republican women" opening "their own" doors which didn't involved government and laws, enacting or changing laws.

Hate to break it to you sweetie.

Susan b Anthony was a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies